S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   OEM part source (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/oem-part-source-1184976/)

haimann 05-23-2018 08:57 PM

OEM part source

Looking to pick up a few OEM items and wanted to ask where do you guys buy from? Is there somewhere that's cheaper and has more s2000 items in stock?

clubhopper 05-24-2018 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by haimann (Post 24463043)
Looking to pick up a few OEM items and wanted to ask where do you guys buy from? Is there somewhere that's cheaper and has more s2000 items in stock?

in for the answer as well...always good to have alternatives.

i actually buy a lot from the USA as its still cheaper even after exchange then the dealer. And usually canadian s2000 dealer parts have a huge on average 8-12 week lead time, sometimes more that generally make it not an option.

haga888 05-24-2018 09:17 AM

I've used Majestic in the US and had it shipped to Crossborderpickups. And just picked it up in Mississauga. I don't know of any "cheap" Canadian sources for OEM parts.

Chuck S 05-24-2018 11:30 AM

In stock? I'm willing to bet other than a couple of oil filters no Honda dealer, including Majestic, has any sizeable stock of S2000 parts. Too expensive to maintain it or any slowing moving stock. I know I received parts from Majestic in Rhode Island that were shipped to them from Marysville, Ohio, and immediately re-sent to me. Just up the road in Cleveland. :)

-- Chuck

zeroptzero 05-24-2018 01:34 PM

majestic.com is one of the cheapest oem suppliers but they won't ship to Canada, so you can do as Norm described. I used Bernardiparts.com and they will ship to Canada, their pricing is pretty good , maybe a tad higher than Majestic but in line IMO. Bernardi is on the east coast of the U.S., not too far away. Those would be my two preferred dealers. It's too bad Hardtopguy messed around with many of us over the years he had a good thing going and wasn't too far away from us distance wise, but he was a nightmare to deal with towards the end and he started screwing around with buyers. Lately with me owning an Acura I've been doing on line searches at Hondaacuraonline.com , not sure if they will ship to Canada or not as I haven't ordered parts yet, but probably not any better than the first two companies listed above.

darcyw 05-24-2018 02:43 PM

My local Honda dealer keeps only one oil filter in stock (pcx-004) - but they can get any other parts next day. Most are priced much higher than US pricing (Majestic) even with exchange and shipping. I pick mine up 5 miles away in pt Huron, MI. You'd be hard pressed to walk into even a Honda dealer and find the part needed right there.
darcy

clubhopper 05-25-2018 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero (Post 24463418)
majestic.com is one of the cheapest oem suppliers but they won't ship to Canada, so you can do as Norm described. I used Bernardiparts.com and they will ship to Canada, their pricing is pretty good , maybe a tad higher than Majestic but in line IMO. Bernardi is on the east coast of the U.S., not too far away. Those would be my two preferred dealers. It's too bad Hardtopguy messed around with many of us over the years he had a good thing going and wasn't too far away from us distance wise, but he was a nightmare to deal with towards the end and he started screwing around with buyers. Lately with me owning an Acura I've been doing on line searches at Hondaacuraonline.com , not sure if they will ship to Canada or not as I haven't ordered parts yet, but probably not any better than the first two companies listed above.

oh snap...i still buy things through Hardtopguy! Like a lot of things. Always been a pleasure to deal with and super friendly.

I've recently been to his house late last year to pick up a massive order and he was great to work with.

I'm relatively new to the S2K scene (3 years) as my background is in Nissan platform (10+), so i wasn't around to witness some of this bad stuff going down.

afzan 05-25-2018 09:30 AM

bernardiparts or hondapartsnow + cross border pickups

zeroptzero 05-25-2018 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by clubhopper (Post 24463745)
oh snap...i still buy things through Hardtopguy! Like a lot of things. Always been a pleasure to deal with and super friendly.

I've recently been to his house late last year to pick up a massive order and he was great to work with.

I'm relatively new to the S2K scene (3 years) as my background is in Nissan platform (10+), so i wasn't around to witness some of this bad stuff going down.

Oh , I didn't realize he is still dealing parts, but if you have had good dealings with him then keep at it, his prices were always very fair. Don't let me discourage you if you have had good service from him. Chances are he will keep serving you well. I don't know what it was but he got into a lull and quite a few people were not getting good service from him, including myself. The good part is that he was not stiffing anyone, just not giving proper customer service. If he is still in business and you have had good luck with him then I'd say keep using him over the other companies.

sleepR 05-27-2018 06:26 PM

Great information guys, thanks! Still on the lookout for an OEM lip