Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Official Ontario Spotted Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 07:51 AM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

spotted yesterday at Tyandaga Golf Course after 5pm...red AP2 with wing with custom license plate s2k eh (or something like that).

i was driving the Gray Nissan 350z at the time and parked beside you LOL.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:25 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

I have actually spotted quite a few so far this season and I live in the eastern part of Ontario but awesome to see!
Old 07-06-2018, 08:14 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Parked on bloor and st.george

Old 08-03-2018, 05:33 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

SSM AP2 (not sure of the year) with a bike rack lined up right behind my Sebring AP1 turning left from Eglinton (WB) to Brentcliffe last night around 10pm.
We're in the same building, but I was halfway down the parking ramp when I heard you honk!
Hope you saw the thumb-up I gave you at the light!
Old 08-07-2018, 08:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Parked beside a Silverstone AP2 with the OEM front lip at work. I'm in the blue BRZ! Always wanted an S2000, but can only have 1 car right now
Old 08-07-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Perrin
Parked beside a Silverstone AP2 with the OEM front lip at work. I'm in the blue BRZ! Always wanted an S2000, but can only have 1 car right now
I did it backwards (and probably wrong): I had a white BRZ for the first 3 years I was married, and got the S2000 after I had my first child - as a consequence, it's more of a chore to arrange things so that my wife and I can take a nice top-down cruise (don't get me wrong hough, we enjoy every moment of it).
If I could do it again, I'd go convertible first, then BRZ (I miss driving mine in the winter - my S2000 hibernates).

Of course, the BRZ taught me things about car control and RWD driving that probably keep me safer in the S2000 as well...
Old 08-07-2018, 04:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daiheadjai
I did it backwards (and probably wrong): I had a white BRZ for the first 3 years I was married, and got the S2000 after I had my first child - as a consequence, it's more of a chore to arrange things so that my wife and I can take a nice top-down cruise (don't get me wrong hough, we enjoy every moment of it).
If I could do it again, I'd go convertible first, then BRZ (I miss driving mine in the winter - my S2000 hibernates).

Of course, the BRZ taught me things about car control and RWD driving that probably keep me safer in the S2000 as well...
How do you like the S2000 compared to the BRZ? Would you ever get one again?

The BRZ was the first car I took on the track and with the amount that the TCS kicked in, I definitely would have spun an AP1.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Perrin

How do you like the S2000 compared to the BRZ? Would you ever get one again?

The BRZ was the first car I took on the track and with the amount that the TCS kicked in, I definitely would have spun an AP1.
Different animals altogether (2 seat convertible vs. 2+2, big difference in price points etc.), but I absolutely would have no qualms with getting another BRZ/86 (I miss RWD in the winter, and the easy/frugal daily drivability of the Toyobaru).
Engine and transmission-wise, there's no contest: the S2000 was built to a much higher price point, and it shows - the F20C is far superior to the FA20 in terms of sound, response (though the FA20 wasn't terrible outside of the torque dip), and character. I never found the FA20's power to be a problem, but I also never warmed up to its sound and relative reluctance to rev (I'm complaining about a 7,400rpm redline, so maybe that's just me).

Caveat: I didn't make any engine mods (no UEL headers, etc.) except for an Injen CAI (terrible for drivability at low speeds, with bogging and random stalling even while moving at low speeds) and Greddy axleback (waste of money), which did make it sound a bit better.

I find I'm too precious with the S2000 though - I'm reluctant to take it to the track, because mine is in great condition and stock (so I kinda don't want to mess it up). The BRZ was a willing dance partner on track or snowy parking lots.

When I tracked my BRZ (it was also my first/currently only car that I tracked), I spun out the first time I switched off TC/VSC, but that was after doing a bunch of laps with TC/VSC in sport mode - my next track day, I switched off TC/VSC right from the start, and had no problems. I think the problem is when you start off with the nannies and then suddenly switch them off mid-day. If you start without the nannies and build up your speed gradually, it seems a bit better.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clubhopper
spotted yesterday at Tyandaga Golf Course after 5pm...red AP2 with wing with custom license plate s2k eh (or something like that).

i was driving the Gray Nissan 350z at the time and parked beside you LOL.
Ha, that was me!
Old 08-22-2018, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this morning driving up 427 in the pouring rain -- red ap1. VERY low

unlike everyone else you had your lights on.

Quick Reply: Official Ontario Spotted Thread