Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Official Southern Ontario Chat Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 03:56 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

I kinda remember some details about this car and the sale of it, I live somewhat close to the last seller. It may be wrapped for a reason but not entirely sure.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:49 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Brought the new to me 2006 Suzuka home today after doing a valve adjustment at my brother's garage downtown T. I'll post up the 2003 soon in the for sale section.

pretty well ready for the dragon trip now.

darcy
Old 03-31-2018, 05:20 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by p3tah
Who owns this car? pretty sure it's someone on here. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

The car had 116,000km back in 2015 at the Honda dealership and all VIN tags match when I checked out. The first repaint job was terrible (very noticeable yellow with green hue) and they wouldn't budge on the price so so I walked. the small metal piece between the trunk and the soft top was also re-painted if anyone wants to know.
Looks like tr1xter's car... (i'm not sure that's exactly how you spell his name)
Old 03-31-2018, 05:00 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Picked up an 05 silverstone today. Felt great to drive an S again. Too bad it's going right back into store for a few more weeks
Old 04-01-2018, 07:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone with more car buying experience outline the complete process of buying a car "as is"?

I know I pay the seller and then the seller signs over the ownership and the car is mine.

But to officially register the car to my name and get a license plate put on, it needs to be certified/safetied/e tested.

How do I go about doing that after buying the car "as is"? There are no plates on it, I definitely cannot drive it on public roads anywhere. What part about buying a car "as is" am I missing? Can I get insurance and a temporary license plate/sticker before the car is even registered to me?
Old 04-01-2018, 08:08 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Originally Posted by Perrin
Can someone with more car buying experience outline the complete process of buying a car "as is"?

I know I pay the seller and then the seller signs over the ownership and the car is mine.

But to officially register the car to my name and get a license plate put on, it needs to be certified/safetied/e tested.

How do I go about doing that after buying the car "as is"? There are no plates on it, I definitely cannot drive it on public roads anywhere. What part about buying a car "as is" am I missing? Can I get insurance and a temporary license plate/sticker before the car is even registered to me?
As the owner to get a used car package from the MTO/Service Ontario , don't buy a car without getting one and they are required to give you one. You can get insurance for the ride home with the VIN number given to your insurance company, get the VIN number from the owner ahead of the purchase so you can give it to your insurance company. . You can get a license plate with T sticker if needed. Have the owner sign over the vehicle portion of the registration to you, they can keep their plate portion.
After that you are responsible for the safety, and emissions test, and then getting it registered with the MTO/Service Ontario where you pay the HST on the purchase. When the old owner gets the used car package ask them to list the vehicle purchase at a lower cost so you pay less HST when you go to register it in your name, that helps a lot of you can get them to do it. I think that is all you need to do. .
Old 04-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ Yup just walk into Service Ontario with the signed ownership, used vehicle information package and proof of insurance and they will give you a temp sticker to put on your plates or new plates if you get them. It's valid for ten days I believe and doesn't cost much.

Last edited by Adrenalize; 04-01-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:42 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Picked up an 05 silverstone today. Felt great to drive an S again. Too bad it's going right back into store for a few more weeks
nice!
Old 04-02-2018, 06:37 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Insurance on just now. @Apex Motoring for an alignment AP1 UK specs.

Update: Can't do proper alignment because of following issues...
1) Both front caster adjustment are seized.
2) Driver side front camber adjustment seized.
3) Driver side rear camber adjustment seized.
4) Passenger side rear toe adjustment seized.

What a headache...........lol

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psovu8wac1.jpg
Old 04-02-2018, 02:12 PM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
As the owner to get a used car package from the MTO/Service Ontario , don't buy a car without getting one and they are required to give you one. You can get insurance for the ride home with the VIN number given to your insurance company, get the VIN number from the owner ahead of the purchase so you can give it to your insurance company. . You can get a license plate with T sticker if needed. Have the owner sign over the vehicle portion of the registration to you, they can keep their plate portion.
After that you are responsible for the safety, and emissions test, and then getting it registered with the MTO/Service Ontario where you pay the HST on the purchase. When the old owner gets the used car package ask them to list the vehicle purchase at a lower cost so you pay less HST when you go to register it in your name, that helps a lot of you can get them to do it. I think that is all you need to do. .
FYI my S had a value of $0 on the used car package. The I bought the car from "as is" gave me a bit of a hard time with the receipt value I wanted $2000 and he tried to make it $8000 we settled on $4000. I paid just shy of 20K lol.
I then told the insurance company how much I paid so they would have that value on file.