Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Official Southern Ontario Chat Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 08:17 PM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts

^ I thought Drake would surely jinx the team, good to see that didn't happen. Glad that the Raptors won as I ordered a Raptors hat last week.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:09 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Living in Sarnia, we get all the Detroit news- 3 channels at 11 pm telling us about all the mayhem around the city. Tonight, "Homeowner shoots and kills home invader".
Both my wife and I uttered the exact same word at the exact same time.
"Good".

darcy
Old 06-18-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by darcyw
Living in Sarnia, we get all the Detroit news- 3 channels at 11 pm telling us about all the mayhem around the city. Tonight, "Homeowner shoots and kills home invader".
Both my wife and I uttered the exact same word at the exact same time.
"Good".

darcy
Having travelled in the U.S extensively , the amount of crime that you watch on any evening news is something that always shocks me. It's not just the amount of crime, but the severity of the crimes that is so much different than what we are used to, even in cities much smaller than my hometown.

One good thing about the U.S is that you can usually get away with shooting the criminal that violates your property. That would never fly here as some bleeding heart liberal would put your ass in jail for trying to protect your family and property.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I read an article about a guy who wasted 3/5 guys who broke into his house with guns. He shot them with an AK47. The Sheriff came by, investigated, no charges laid.

In rural Saskatoon, however, a lady home alone and an hour from the nearest police has men trying to break into her home. She warns them she has a gun and to go away. They don't listen so she shoots at them with an old .22. she gets charged with attempted murder. Yep that's Canada.

Anyone on here into firearms?
Old 06-19-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by sleepR
I read an article about a guy who wasted 3/5 guys who broke into his house with guns. He shot them with an AK47. The Sheriff came by, investigated, no charges laid.

In rural Saskatoon, however, a lady home alone and an hour from the nearest police has men trying to break into her home. She warns them she has a gun and to go away. They don't listen so she shoots at them with an old .22. she gets charged with attempted murder. Yep that's Canada.

I'd be into them if we had a carry law here.
darcy
Old 06-19-2019, 05:24 PM

That is exactly my point, we have the worst law enforcement and legal system of any country, you can't defend yourself even on your own property, like how crazy is that ?

I love the story about the guy with the ak47, that is so cool

I would love to own a handgun, but our government really doesn't want me to have one. I don't care for long guns which are easier to get. The worst part of Canada right now is that the criminals and gang bangers all have illegal handguns, but innocent people like us can't own handguns to defend themselves legally.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Okay Darcy and Joey range day! Sometime this summer, if you want I can take you guys to the range for some target practice!
Old 06-20-2019, 02:43 AM

Okay Darcy and Joey range day! Sometime this summer, if you want I can take you guys to the range for some target practice!
That sounds great, I need to consider this as I'd love to visit a range, sounds like fun.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
That sounds great, I need to consider this as I'd love to visit a range, sounds like fun.
yeah it does!
darcy
Old 07-15-2019, 04:04 AM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

What range do y’all shoot at?

former Silverdale, current Burlington RRC these days.