Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Oh Doug, (Triple-H) This is NOT good

Old 10-13-2004, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oh Doug, (Triple-H) This is NOT good

Doug,
Remember I posted a topic relating to Flav's meeting last week. Here's a snipit from an insider who sent me this, from this past week's meeting.

I be-grudglingly post this:

It's being rumoured Renault will leave F-1 at the end of 2005 if they don't get the WCC. The plans for Renault when they entered in 2001 were to be WCC once at least before 2005. New management people in the business have brought new concepts, and they don't seem very interested in F-1 if they don't succeed properly.

They are honouring their word in staying up to 2005, but beyond, it appears it is
going to take a huge miracle now to keep them beyond 2005 as they've let 2nd in the constructors slide away from them.

The powers at Renault are seriously considering this.. One man in their way, is Flavio Briatore. Unfortunately, if he does not find a way to save "the ship" , he will sink with them. Add to this, Toyota's relentless offers to poach him, and his contract as team manager ends at the same time.

Old 10-14-2004, 06:24 PM

**update**

Flav is trying to buy Renault to keep them as an engine supplier only and not as a full fledge team.

So the days of "meccachrome" may very well return.. < sigh >

This has lead to Eddie Jordan working hard to save his team from demise by either working out a works engine deal with Renault or Toyota.

Toyota are interested so they can introspectively look at things through Jordan in their own team.

Jordan-Renault or Jordan-Toyota. ?
Flav to save Renault ?
Flav to Toyota ?

silly season continues on a diff level..
Old 10-15-2004, 08:11 AM

So often people accuse me of being a Ferrari fan because they win so often, and I know that is not it because I was a Ferrari fan back in the day when they could not win anything. So why do I mention that? Well another reason I'm a Ferrari fan is because Ferrari has been a team for a long time! As much as I know F1 is all about change and the advancement of technology, there is a certain beauty when a team lasts year after year after year.

In the days of tighter budgets it does not surprise me that there are markting people out there thinking they can mandate a teams performance level given a specific time frame. This is the basic short-sighted advertising mentality we see all too often.

I can only hope Flavio can work something out. I think Renault is a very strong team and I would like to see them do well next year.

silly season continues on a diff level.. THAT'S FOR SURE

And we don't enen know if Flavio wants to stick around in F1 much longer...