Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Ontario Time Attack

Old 05-25-2017, 08:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ontario Time Attack

Hey guys! Didn't see a thread here for Ontario Time Attack so I decided to start one up for everyone to know and see the schedule and rates.

IMPORTANT / WARNING: S2000s will require aftermarket rollover protection in order to join / compete.

WHO:
Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs (CASC) - Ontario Region has a time attack division - website here: About Ontario Time Attack - Ontario Time Attack

WHAT:
Time attack means you are competing against the clock to nail down your best run which is then compared to others in similar class. OTA runs either iPAX rules or GTA ruleset. Official rules here: Rules - Ontario Time Attack

WHEN and WHERE:

WHY:
Some of the best grassroots and even semi pro drivers competing in very reasonable classes means your FRZ doesn't wind up accidentally in the same class as a V8 Miata. Classing is quite tight and makes total sense. Even if you don't want to compete, OTA offers lapping in the morning before shutting down the track for competition. Come lap and then come watch the big guns duke it out.

Interested in finding out how your car classes? Create an account here: CC DB Home and start populating your car details, mods to see where you stack up. For a list of base cars and their classes, check here: Base Car List

PRICES?

HOW DO I SIGN UP?
https://www.motorsportreg.com/calendar/?country=CA&q=OTA&radius=300&lat=43.68&lng=-79.29&loc=Toronto%2C+ON

Follow OTA on Facebook for updates! If you have any questions, message them via FB Messenger! I help run the FB account so direct them there and I'll be sure to get you an answer or get someone who can get you an answer!

Hope to see more S2ks out at these events! DRIVE THE CAR LIKE IT WAS MEANT TO BE.

That rule applies to me of course.

Last edited by LemonJus; 05-25-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OTA Event #3 and #4 at Mosport DDT are now in the books!

I managed to come in 2nd place in event #3 (1 kink) and 3rd place in event #4 (no kink) and am pretty happy with myself!

Saturday (Event #3 - 1 kink):

Sunday (Event #4 - no kink):

Cheers!

Kev