S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   Opinions on Spoiler, front lip and exhaust (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/opinions-spoiler-front-lip-exhaust-1144504/)

jimbo35ca 01-28-2016 08:27 AM

Opinions on Spoiler, front lip and exhaust

Hi all, being a relative newbie and the old man here, need you guys to chime in on a few of things I am considering especially since my car is completely stock 09 Chicane Silver.

1) Rear spoiler, checking out ebay oem.thing store. Would like to know your experience with the quality, issues with installation, paint matching, or anything you feel would be pertinent to know or other places to buy from?

2) Front lip spoiler. Is it worth getting one considering Toronto/GTA roads and speed bumps? Where to buy from, preferably prepainted? And same questions as #1 above?

3) Exhaust, I would like to get something a bit louder but not too crazy. Having said that I like the rear look of the stock exhaust so I would like the look to be the same. Any shops/product you would recommend? There is a shop not too far from my place, Scotts muffler. It is on Kipling Avenue, any experiences there?

As always, greatly appreciate your priceless info. :write:

Thanks
Jimbo

myflys2k 01-28-2016 08:30 AM

1) oem.thing matches perfectly. I have one on GPW.
2) no clue. Don't live in Toronto. What colour is your car
3) I have a uk modded 07 exhaust in my Fs thread.

hawkman199 01-28-2016 08:43 AM

The rear spoiler matches perfectly and is easy to install. I have one on my MY02.

I looked at front spoilers, bit of a pain to fit and best to get painted with the front bumper.

My own Hawkman UK modded exhaust will be for sale. This is a special one I built for myself, with a few extra tricks that are not on the others I built.

Let me know if you are interested.

ATNCHN 01-28-2016 10:43 AM

1. As myflys2k has said, if you're going for aftermarket rear lip spoiler, go with ebay seller oem.thing
2. It depends on how low your car will be. For stock height you should be ok.
3. As others have mentioned, the stock exhaust with UK mod is probably your best bet if you want to keep the stock look.

Hfreak 01-28-2016 01:31 PM

There are not too many options on the exhaust if you want to have an OEM AP1 look.
Other than the UK mod, Borla has a 300 series SS system that looks very close to stock that sounds great. Check out the link.

http://www.borla.com/products/s2000_...rt__14877.html

Cheers

bolesun1 01-28-2016 02:24 PM

1) I have oem.thing rear lip spoiler in BB matches perfectly (black is the easiest one I guess). Quality is good for the price but you can't compare with original paint for sure.
2) I have BaysonR AP2 OEM lip paint matched BB. One of the best fitment replicas out there on eBay, I'd give fitment 9.5/10. I believe it is polyeurathane which is more flexible material than OEM lip and less easily to crack.
3) Exhaust is a personal choice, go with what you like and based on budget.

Hope that helps.

bMa912 01-28-2016 02:28 PM

1: Oem style trunk spoiler replicas off ebay are great. My friend got one and it looks almost identical to my factory one

2: If you are scared of your lip being too low, grab one off ebay that is polyurethane. like 60 USD each and your wallet wont cry if it gets scratched or cracked. As your car is MY09 with Chicane Silver, the UV probably haven't changed the color that much and there probably isn't any (if any) variants of the color. Buy a lip from ebay, prime it (3 layers), sand it, and buy a rattle can from your local paint shop that can fill it up with Chicane Silver (paint code NH745M). 3 layers of that, then another 3 of clear coat, it should look almost like OEM paint. Lip from the states right now (oem from Honda) is in the $500 range. ebay lip + primer, paint, clear, and some sandpaper will probably run you under $150 CAD. Take your time and it'll look great. I am in the process of redo-ing my front lip and will post the results on the forum once I'm completed.

3: UK exhaust is always a good option if you just want it to sound a little more aggressive. Tanabe Medallion Touring is also a strong contender for alot of members that want a more aggressive exhaust that doesn't sound "ricer"

Chuck S 01-28-2016 02:41 PM

1. Trunk spoiler is cosmetic. IF I was getting one I'd get the Ebay style that does not require holes be drilled in the trunk lid.

2. OEM front spoiler barely lowers front clearance if at all.

3. Tanabe Medalion Touring Dual Exhaust. Our buddies in Toronto at Speed Academy run it on their BADASS2000.

-- Chuck

CR EH 01-28-2016 02:48 PM

Personally I believe if you are going with an aggressive lip or spoiler, lowering the car is important in order for it to look good all around. If you are familiar with the CR (it has a front lip and rear spoiler), I was never fully satisfied with the look until I lowered it. The side view just doesnt look right with stock height and those added features IMO.

That being said the very subtle OEM lips and rear spoiler are a nice small touch and don't require any other change.. You shouldnt be concerned about driving on the road if you aren't lowering it, just make sure you angle your car when pulling in or out of entrance ways.

As for exhaust, don't ask me cuz I don't support quiet exhausts :p

Himura357 01-28-2016 03:29 PM

Stock S2K is best S2K.