S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   Photo radar may return (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/photo-radar-may-return-1148259/)

darcyw 03-13-2016 01:58 PM

Photo radar may return

HI all. I've been watching the speed limit thing out west for the past few years and got onto the stop100.ca mailing list. I don't travel thru toronto with any frequency, but those that do, this will likely impact you. I've already sent the MPP's listed a note decrying photo radar. I'm not looking to make this thread a political debate, but rather give you the information required so you can make the right decision- what ever that may be for you.

In case you don't know...

Kathleen Wynne Open to Allowing Photo Radar

In a stunning reversal of her previous position, Kathleen Wynne said she is open to allowing Photo Radar in Ontario. What will this mean for the drivers? Roughly 8 x more speeding tickets per person (see the Edmonton stats on our site) and tickets in the mail for as little as 6 km/h over the limit. This is your chance to stop this unbelievable cash grab.

IT IS CRITICAL: If you want to preserve our Democracy where the opinion of the majority matters, urgently send an email to:

kwynne.mpp@liberal.ola.org
sdelduca.mpp.co@liberal.ola.org
patrick.brown@pc.ola.org
michael.harris@pc.ola.org
ahorwath-qp@ndp.on.ca

Copy contact@stop100.ca

Or copy this entire line and paste in your email TO field:

kwynne.mpp@liberal.ola.org; sdelduca.mpp.co@liberal.ola.org; patrick.brown@pc.ola.org; michael.harris@pc.ola.org; ahorwath-qp@ndp.on.ca; contact@stop100.ca

You have the power to stop this.
PHOTO RADAR FACTS on our web site- stop100.ca

zeroptzero 03-13-2016 02:12 PM

I never got ticketed when we had photo radar in Ontario years back. It's not that bad as long as it is used with a reasonable speed cut-off point - 15 km/hr over ?. If I can drive 15 km/hr over the speed limit and get away with it I'm happy. If they use 6 km/hr then that is absurd. :scratch:

Premiere Wynne is bankrupting this Province, she needs any revenue source that she can extract from us now, we're going down the toilet with this nutcase.

zenairdave 03-13-2016 04:24 PM

Us country folk voted PC. It was you city jokers that elected the friggen spend a lot Liberals. When will you ever learn?

zeroptzero 03-13-2016 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by zenairdave (Post 23907525)
Us country folk voted PC. It was you city jokers that elected the friggen spend a lot Liberals. When will you ever learn?

We should have known better when Dalton McSquinty exited the scene with almost no warning, like a bank robber fleeing the country ;)

I'm not aligned with any specific party but I would never have voted for the Provincial Liberals based on the gas plant contract scandals, and the disastrous electricity management within this Province.

jvf1 03-13-2016 05:56 PM

I thought Darcy said he didn't want to start a political debate. lol

jvf1 03-13-2016 05:56 PM

;)

zeroptzero 03-13-2016 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by jvf1 (Post 23907580)
I thought Darcy said he didn't want to start a political debate. lol

He didn't, but it doesn't take much for me to start one.

Back on topic - Photo Radar ! :photo:

darcyw 03-13-2016 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by jvf1 (Post 23907581)
;)

+1.

darcy

myflys2k 03-13-2016 07:10 PM

Stop speeding. Easy fix. :roflmao:

ATNCHN 03-13-2016 07:17 PM

I don't speak for the Ontario radar system, but in Hong Kong they use a percentage tolerance (5%-10% ish I believe) since tire size and wheels can affect your speedometer
So let's say if the speed limit is 60km/h, and you have about 10% wiggle room means that you can't go beyond 66km/h

I'm not entirely against it even though I drive like a maniac myself, but I would like to know the tolerance level (and possibly the locations of these radar cameras)