S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   Proud New Father to a Bouncing Baby Integra GSR (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/proud-new-father-bouncing-baby-integra-gsr-1183071/)

zeroptzero 03-24-2018 02:45 PM

Proud New Father to a Bouncing Baby Integra GSR

My son and I spent the afternoon test-driving a 2000 Integra GSR, and ended up buying the car today. It is an unmolested well maintained all stock/OEM car, not a flake of rice on the car anywhere thankfully. It has the stock black leather interior which is in perfect condition, very surprised that it has no imperfections on the seats, the leather is still very soft and no bolster wear at all, very rare for an 18 year old car I think. The motor is perfectly smooth and quiet like a sewing machine, OEM exhaust, factory blade rims. The suspension is all tight and smooth riding, handles well and brakes well too. .A single lady owner over the life of the vehicle, maintained at Honda for everything. Nothing on the car is broken or missing other than the radio antenna but I can deal with that. It has the factory CD/Radio which I actually like lol. It has 190,000 kms, factory. Silver paint. Front lights need polishing due to UV exposure but no biggie. Overally condition of the car is 8/10ths, no less. It has the original clutch, so I may be doing a clutch upgrade someday, timing belt changed at 120k, next one due in 50k. It takes premium fuel. Air conditioning blows cold, moonroof works good, dashboard in brand new condition, along with all interior panels and carpeting etc. Old school black tint looks good from the outside, has a purple 1980;s tinge from the inside lol, but I won't mess with it. Factory Honda optional alarm system which is nice, and a remote start system too that I won't likely use.

It has Honda rust on both sides of rear wheel wells thanks to the Honda wheel well rubber strips that were never removed. Relatively small amounts of rust but I will need to fix it, mostly surface rust no bubbled so it should be okay. I never wanted to deal with body rust but it is hard to avoid when looking for such a car. The motor pulls like stink, , at 5800 to 8100 cut off, the wheels broke loose in 1st gear as vtec kicked in, the dual plane intake manifold gives a broad torque range for a relatively torqueless motor. No pictures yet, will have some when it comes home next weekend. My plan is to get it onto the track at Grand Bend a few times in 2018, likely keeping it all stock as it doesn't need much. Back to doing tune-ups on a distributor ignition system again, I haven't done that for decades, lol. I was just about to throw out my old trusty ignition timing light as I never imagined needing it anymore , but I will need it now, lol Tires are crappy , a nice performance tire would be a nice addition if she makes it to the track. Quite happy with the purchase, it will be a nice project car to work on with my son just getting it restored to 10/10ths when my OCD kicks into high gear.

I've been doing a search in Ontario for a few weeks, and I could only locate about 4 GSR's for sale in Ontario in recent times, 2 of them were close to junk condition, one had a lame base motor & tranny ( b18b) swap - very weird- and this one was a gem by all comparisons. I would have loved a Type R , but they are so hard to find, GSR was my second choice and I have always liked the powertrain on this car, and they seem pretty rare to find these days which is good. Looking forward to the new journey.

Hfreak 03-24-2018 04:47 PM

Nice choice Joey, enjoy the journey with your son. :drive:

Adrenalize 03-24-2018 05:23 PM

Post some pics!

Congrats on the purchase! Where on earth did you find a good condition one owner GSR?

S2KRAYZE 03-24-2018 07:22 PM

Congrats Joey !!!
Brings back memories, my first car was 95' Black on black leather DC2 LS.
Fun platform to build, enjoy it Joey, keep us posted.

zeroptzero 03-24-2018 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hfreak (Post 24437622)
Nice choice Joey, enjoy the journey with your son. :drive:

Thanks Todd. I was never comfortable enough teaching my son to drive stick on the s2000, but I can do it on the Integra no issue, so should be fun, and it will get him away from those damn video games for shit's sake. lol

zeroptzero 03-24-2018 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Adrenalize (Post 24437641)
Post some pics!

Congrats on the purchase! Where on earth did you find a good condition one owner GSR?

Thanks I will as soon as I get it in my hands next week. I actually found it on Kijiji of all places, not my favourite site to sell or buy cars but I found the ad there. The oem Honda sachet for the owners manual was genuine leather in 2000, this one looks like it was just produced yesterday, the owners manual looks brand spanking new too, almost too good. So I think I found a pretty clean car overall.

zeroptzero 03-24-2018 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by S2KRAYZE (Post 24437665)
Congrats Joey !!!
Brings back memories, my first car was 95' Black on black leather DC2 LS.
Fun platform to build, enjoy it Joey, keep us posted.

Thanks Tyson, my third car was a red 94 DC2 LS, I'm liking the GSR better though.

manystyles 03-24-2018 09:43 PM

Nice pick up!

I have a 01' silver GSR, that's completely stock! There's about 160k on the car and every time my fianc

zeroptzero 03-24-2018 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by manystyles (Post 24437684)
Nice pick up!

I have a 01' silver GSR, that's completely stock! There's about 160k on the car and every time my fianc

nice, any rust on the wheel well areas yet ?

Himura357 03-25-2018 05:51 AM

B18C1 is a very good motor. Great purchase and I think it will be an awesome project for you guys.

Any plans on a B20 VTEC build or a JDM front end conversion? =)