Proud New Father to a Bouncing Baby Integra GSR - Page 3 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > North America East > Southern Ontario S2000 Owners
Reload this Page >

Proud New Father to a Bouncing Baby Integra GSR

Notices
Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Proud New Father to a Bouncing Baby Integra GSR

Old 03-26-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by manystyles View Post
Sorry, still running the stock intake. It's essentially stock. Good luck with your search!
Okay thanks for the reply. I found out that many Integra parts are now discontinued from Honda so I am not happy about that, I hated that about the S2000, never figured the Integra would be the same. I got hosed buying some used intake parts on Ebay but I have no real option and I don't want to run an aftermarket intake.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by d1000rr View Post
Nice pickup Joey!
I almost bought a GSR back in the day... I really wanted one and even had a deposit down on one.... but then ultimately ended up buying a Yamaha R6 lol.

Post some pics!
I always loved the GSR motor, so I am happy having one now. This is a real project car though, nothing like my S2000 ever was, but I won't mind getting a scratch or two on this car and my OCD may not get the best of e like it did with my S2000 dream car. lol.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:10 PM

We need pictures Joey, but you know that.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:30 PM

Airbox on the R is very good <like the S2000>have skunk2 inlet manifold on my B18c4 with type R airbox +drop in k&N & CAI + resonator delete +skunk2 cams,Type R- B pipe with twin loop muffler.+ 4-2-1 mani/decat. pity about my gear ratio !!
Old 03-30-2018, 05:34 PM

The car officially came home today, we had a nice trip to Hamilton to pick it up. It drove home great, quite fun actually, surprised about the fuel economy as it was pretty good considering it revs pretty high cruising at 120 kms/hr. We are thoroughly amazed how clean the car is inside, leather is in great shape, dashboard is soft, all mechanical systems work great - heater, a/c, cruise control, sunroof, tranny shifts nice and smooth, feels pretty solid overall. oem car mats look untouched, it is almost scary how good it looks inside for the age.

We polished out the headlight oxidation which came off pretty easy. The car is on jackstands now as we do a valve adjustment, spark plug change, rad fluid dump, brake and clutch fluid dump. We are going back to the oem intake system swapping that back in. The underside of the car looks very clean, no rust on the undercarriage. Brakes are about 50% worn. It has 3 spots of rust typical of Hondas on the rear quarters, I immediately pulled off the rubber wheel well strips and tossed them out, a light amount of body work and rust proofing will work well. Oil and tranny fluid change was done by Honda one week before I bought it. Engine internals are varnish free, spark pugs show no oil burning and proper combustion process, nice and clean. New spark plugs , NGK wires, and a tune up being done this weekend, I still have my trusty old timing light to adjust timing, thankfully I didn't through that sucker out. Rims are in good shape, GSR blades.

The radiator looked poorly maintained though, ugly looking fluid came out of it in today's dump, new Honda fluid going in , not sure how much cleaning I could do of the radiator but I'll get new fluid in there asap. Engine temps are fine and heater works well so no negative effects that I can see. Timing belt is still good for another 40k kms. Distributor cap and ignition rotor look clean and relatively new. New Stoptech stainless brake lines going in, with a short shifter, type r armrest, type r shift boot, and type r front upper strut bar., type R shift knob. Looking to get a type r front lower lip next. It definitely needs some good rubber on the wheels, before I can get it to the track.

Best part is that my son loves it and is active in working on the car which is the main reason I bought it, its a good distraction for him given that he never really cared about cars in past years. Good bonding time for this project. It is much less substantial than the S2000 but it will be a good challenge tinkering around with it and looking forward to the modification process.

Last edited by zeroptzero; 03-30-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:08 AM

This is awesome. I've been looking for a project car too but it's slim pickings out there. Maybe soon.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:27 AM

I've spent a bit of time giving it the complete once-over now. All interior panels/seats/carpeting have been removed looking for any rust/leaks. I am amazed that the interior carpet still looks brand new after 18 years, not sure how that happens, the carpet fibers are still super soft . Most exterior panels have been removed. I ground down the exterior rear panel rust spots and it looks to be mostly surface rust from what I can tell. I am having the rear panels repaired and painted and that should be the end of the rust issues hopefully. All fluids have been changed. New stoptech stainless brake lines have been installed. I went back to the OEM intake, this car actually has a decent oem intake compared to most. New spark plugs and wires installed, new fuel filter installed and pcv valve. The distributor and ignition rotor look new. The valves have been adjusted and a leaky cam plug replaced. I touched up the valvecover paint. I love working on B-series engines, and there is lots of room to work with in the engine bay. New rear hatch lift supports (struts) installed as the hatch would not stay up. Brake calipers cleaned and painted, header heat shield painted. Every bolt that comes off gets anti-seize on it and reinstalled.

A new type r front strut bar is installed, with a type r shift boot, type r armrest, short shifter, and JDM Honda shift knob. Vision Technica ood struts installed too. The car will be rustproofed inside and out. I still need to find a repair solution for the automatic radio antenna which needs to replaced, hopefully with a shorty antenna or the S2000 one. So far no big surprises, pretty much what I expected when I inspected the car prior to purchase. Overall everything is above average in terms of condition, still very new like condition for many parts despite being 18 years old, particularly the interior parts. The clutch is a bit squeaky , which must be the internal splines being dry, my attempt to lube the shift fork didn't solve the squeak. There is barely any door dings, maybe one on the entire car, and the front bumper has almost no stone chips in it which is quite remarkable. Three of the wheels are in good shape after a simple cleaning, with no curb rash, the original GSR blade rims, one rim has some scratches on the clearcoat only. That's it, I hope to have it on the road in late spring once the body work is complete. The car has two ashtrays, lol, plus a cigarette lighter, the ashtrays have never been used and I don't smoke but I love having them for some odd reason.

Last edited by zeroptzero; 04-09-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:06 AM

Is this thread broken?!
Old 04-09-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by starchland View Post
Is this thread broken?!
It must be. The pics aren't working.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by 6013641 View Post

It must be. The pics aren't working.
yeah thought it was my computer monitor. The guy was giving me strange looks at bestbuy. Nerd squad guy was confused or whatever they call them

Quick Reply: Proud New Father to a Bouncing Baby Integra GSR

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands