Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Proud New Father to a Bouncing Baby Integra GSR

Old 05-13-2018, 03:42 PM

Received 3,358 Likes on 2,441 Posts

Originally Posted by noodels
Got rid of the underwing resonator it,all tapes together well for cai
Yes ! the stock intake is pretty efficient for the most part, just the odd snorkel off the top of the resonator sucks in underhood air and it narrows down a bit too much for my liking. A quick rework turns it into a decent CAI at no cost. I'm itching to boost this platform but that might be a 2019 project.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I made a simple change to the oem intake system and instantly turned it into a CAI. Intake air temp readings are now 15-20 degrees above ambient which is about as good as it gets considering the intake air temp sensor is mounted in the manifold. It's a bit too quiet but it works well. If I can get the suspension done by the long weekend the car should be ready for the track by end of month, hoping.
Are you planning on tracking this car?
Hope to see you out there!
Old 05-15-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by hawkman199
Are you planning on tracking this car?
Hope to see you out there!
Hey Robin, yes hoping to get this car to the track this season. I've been slowed down by some seized suspension bolts in the rear LCA's thus far.

I got my rear lower control arms replaced this weekend with new skunk2 aftermarket units. Now I can finally install the rear suspension - adjustable shocks and H&R springs and 24mm rear sway bar with bracing. The handling improvement has been substantial compared to the aged factory setup. Ride height is lowered one inch, spring rates are similar to the Type R spec.or just a tad stiffer. With the shocks at only 50% stiff setting they handle so much better than stock. The car corners really flat and I don't have any rear sway bar installed yet. All of the floatiness in the oem setup is gone, steering response is improved despite the slow 16:1 factory steering ratio. Variable speed steering assist still works well though.

15 inch Enkei RFP1's installed this weekend, at 9 lbs they shave 7 lbs per wheel, Wheels are more flush than the stockers, and camber looks better though I haven't measured.

Last edited by zeroptzero; 05-20-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:32 AM

Mugen twinloop exhaust came in this week and installed today. This is one of my all time favourite exhausts, as I had one years ago on my old Civic SiR. Perfect sound, and no loss of torque like you tend to get with many aftermarket exhausts on b-series motors. Fitment is perfect. Feels like power is up across the entire rpm band and it drives really nice, no drone. I might dable with a high-flow cat next. Looking to get a paint job within the next couple weeks with a type r front lower lip ready to toss on. . I'll try to load up some pictures once everything is done. Quick pic of the Mugen exhaust to post in a few minutes, excuse the dirty plate, rustproofing oozing out everywhere, lol.

Last edited by zeroptzero; 06-21-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:42 AM

Old 06-21-2018, 12:51 PM

Old 06-21-2018, 03:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice and tidy! Sweet!!!
Old 10-11-2018, 03:57 PM

It's been a busy summer progressing with lots of little fixes on the car. I've avoided posting pics until the car is complete, with paint needed and it being dirty with rustproofing ooze. . It goes in for painting and body work this weekend. Once it is done in a few weeks I'll post up some pics. I've been driving the car occasionally but it has not made it to the track. That's gonna have to wait until next year, the suspension upgrades took longer than expected. They are mostly done now, but I want to tear the front suspension apart over winter and make sure everything is tight up there. Hopefully I'll get it back from the paint shop in a couple weeks, snap some pics and put it away for winter.

Lots of time spent doing suspension, exhaust, and general maintenance work. The engine runs like a top, if I didn't see the odometer reading I'd guess the engine was practically brand new. The few mods added were the RPF1 rims and new rubber, Integra Type R leather shift knob , Integra Type R front lower lip, and mugen muffler. All interior and dash lights replaced, steering wheel restored, yellow high-beams. Yokohama S-Drive tires 205-50-15., rear upper strut bar and rear trunk support brace added.

Handling is pretty damn good, I am running the adjustable shocks at 3/4ths setting on all four corners and it feels great. I know the S2000 was the better handling car. The saving grace with the integra is that I can toss it into any corner at and not have to worry about the rear end kicking out / snap oversteer. While it almost never happened to me on the S2000 I always had that concern in the back of my mind and I never pushed it as hard as I could have. With the integra I just don't have that concern and I'll run it at 10-10ths for that reason.

Looking forward to posting up pics as it's been a while since picture requests came in on this thread. I was really hoping to have it done in time for the Niagara cruise but things just didn't work out in time, I wish I could have attended the cruise this fall.

Best part of this project has been teaching my son to drive stick , most kids his age don't even know what a manual tranny looks like these days lol. He's the only one among his friends who can drive stick and he's doing well. He hasn't burned up the clutch yet I never would have taught him on the S2000 though, lol.

Last edited by zeroptzero; 10-14-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:51 AM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Enjoyed the update
Old 10-12-2018, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by starchland
Enjoyed the update
Thanks Pal !

Quick Reply: Proud New Father to a Bouncing Baby Integra GSR