Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Question about an AP2 front lip

Old 03-26-2016, 03:02 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
My Silverstone front lip (still in the box) was purchased earlier this year from Majestic Honda. It may have been drop shipped or sent from Marysville, Ohio though. I don't think the dealers physically stock them and just order them as needed.

Silverstone is the most common S2000 color. Your color may be harder to get.

I thought everyone in Ontario had a shipping address in Michigan, or New York. No customs there. A local garage can put it on in an hour.

-- Chuck
Ontario is this size.

[attachment=92815:Ontario.JPG]
Attached Thumbnails Question about an AP2 front lip-ontario.jpg  
Old 03-26-2016, 03:35 PM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

That's the theory but no one lives there.

Everyone knows Ontario spans from the Blue Water Bridge in Sarnia to the about Cornwall near the Quebec border. Very easy to have a US mailing address.

Absent literary license:

-- Chuck
Old 03-26-2016, 03:51 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Chuck S
That's the theory but no one lives there.

Everyone knows Ontario spans from the Blue Water Bridge in Sarnia to the about Cornwall near the Quebec border. Very easy to have a US mailing address.

-- Chuck
Two years ago the population was 13.5 million in Ontario, now we have at least 25k more.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by s2jizzer
From what I've heard, bayson R makes a really good fitment replica and for the price you can't go wrong. Urethane is flexible so I wouldn't worry about that either
Thanks for the positive input, I have done a little research and you are spot on with your suggestion.

Placing the order tomorrow but will add an AP1 lip to the mix to save on shipping. Win, win!
Old 03-27-2016, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hfreak
Originally Posted by s2jizzer' timestamp='1458995383' post='23919771
From what I've heard, bayson R makes a really good fitment replica and for the price you can't go wrong. Urethane is flexible so I wouldn't worry about that either
Thanks for the positive input, I have done a little research and you are spot on with your suggestion.

Placing the order tomorrow but will add an AP1 lip to the mix to save on shipping. Win, win!
Let me know how you make out, I am thinking of getting one as well for my AP2 Chicane Silver. Also advise if you find a shop to paint and install, and what they charge.
Thanks
Jim
Old 03-28-2016, 04:56 PM
Community Organizer

^^They are ordered but will be installing them myself.

I don't live in the GTA area but S2jizzer has recommended Luxury Autobody and by the look of his car, they do nice work.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll be ordering one of these in a few weeks, if anyone else wants in to save on shipping, pm me
Old 03-28-2016, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please don't delete post..

I got my BNIB OEM RYP AP2 Lip from Teknotik.
Eric hooked it up after 3 weeks shipping, came to about $525~ after tax.

Urethane will flex = flaked paint = looks bad
Old 03-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by tr1xst3r
Please don't delete post..

I got my BNIB OEM RYP AP2 Lip from Teknotik.
Eric hooked it up after 3 weeks shipping, came to about $525~ after tax.

Urethane will flex = flaked paint = looks bad
Just for the heck of it I checked with my local dealer and the best he could do for OEM was about $560+tax and he gave me a descent discount. Couldn't justify the cost.

If the Urethane flexes then I hit something, if I hit something with an OEM lip then it will be cracked.

I will post any fitment or quality issues with the Urethane lip.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Community Organizer

Well, I received both lips on Thursday and they were packaged well with no damage.

Today was test fit day and I have to say that I am really impressed with the BaysonR products. Fitment on the AP2 lip out of the box was about 8/10 but after I broke out the heat gun it is more like 9/10. The fitment on the AP1 lip is a 9/10 without adjustment.

Both lips are OEM replica versions and have clean lines but will need some finish work mainly around the edges from the molding process. THIS IS NOT A DIRECT INSTALLATION LIKE AN OEM LIP!

I spent half the day finishing, prepping, priming and painting the AP2 lip and now I am waiting for the paint to cure so that I can install the lip and show the end product to those that are wondering if this is a viable option to an OEM lip.

The AP1 lip is certainly worth the money as everyone knows they are no longer available and the fitment is really good.

More to come....

Name:  Q6szlOP.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  404.1 KB

Quick Reply: Question about an AP2 front lip