Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

questions about mugen rep hardtop

Old 09-26-2015, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about mugen rep hardtop

I've had a mugen rep hardtop for a while now and I've really wanted to get it on, but I screwed up installing the seals, so the windows didn't seal properly.
I got the rear window put in, but my brother pushed it out moving it in the basement (which is not a bad thing because it probably would have come out when I put the windows down on the highway if it came out that easily)
so now i've got to find new seals and crap. Asides from OEM what's the best mounting hardware I can get for it? (does forbidden sell just the seals?)
Also, where can I get someone to install it? I'm tired of screwing it up, and asides from me screwing up, the fittment was amazing. everything lined up very well so it's a shame to have it just sit in my basement.

tldr:
need seals/ rear window/rear window seal for mugen rep hardtop
don't know where to buy
would rather not do it myself and would rather pay to have someone else do it for me. Where can this be done?

also on a side note, when my brother moved it, he left a pretty big scuff in the clearcoat, but I think it can be buffed out... any recommendations for that as well? anyone on here do paint corrections and wanna give me a price estimate on it?
Old 09-26-2015, 10:27 AM

nvm, gonna order the mugen hardware from forbidden and have it shipped to buffalo and pick it up there.

anywhere I can get this stuff installed? I'm sick of screwing it up because of my autism.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran into the same issues when i bought my forbidden usa top, but with the window seals. (drivers side ) i had to un stick it and do it a few times before i got it right. I got my window pre installed by forbidden so i didn't run into the rear window issue though when i got the top they used black window glue for the inside of the window and rubber seals on the out side. i hope that helps,

I think any body shop should be able to do it no problem . they should have all the toos/supplies and experience since they are used to installing new windows all the time

-jorden
Old 09-26-2015, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jorden
I ran into the same issues when i bought my forbidden usa top, but with the window seals. (drivers side ) i had to un stick it and do it a few times before i got it right. I got my window pre installed by forbidden so i didn't run into the rear window issue though when i got the top they used black window glue for the inside of the window and rubber seals on the out side. i hope that helps,

I think any body shop should be able to do it no problem . they should have all the toos/supplies and experience since they are used to installing new windows all the time

-jorden
I bought 3m window glue, which worked great to hold the seal in place, but the window popped out of the seal. so the 30$ bottle of glue I got didn't really help much then.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

=( aww shoot