S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   Questions about a recaro pole position (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/questions-about-recaro-pole-position-1174506/)

Yellow&DK 06-23-2017 04:40 PM

Questions about a recaro pole position

Hello,

I'm currently looking for bucket seat for MY06.

My knees are tired to manage G force at open lapping :LOL:

So I found Recaro pole position or Sparco evo 2 us would fit me when I checked their dimensions. (I'm 35-36 waist)

But from my research that recaro pole position have very lower shoulder harness holes.

And evo 2 us seems pretty wide for s2000.

After that I can't order them because what if I don't fit them well... or seat doesn't fit well for MY06.

Is there anywhere that I can try these seats? (Most of them don't have stock so)

Or If someone have recaro pole postion, I will be very happy to drive anywhere to try the seat.

Please let me know :)

Thank you for the read!!!

starchland 06-23-2017 05:40 PM

Location?

Yellow&DK 06-23-2017 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by starchland (Post 24242295)
Location?

I live in north york. But I don't mind to drive 2-3hrs :)

swfk 06-24-2017 01:13 AM

I have a Pole Position in my Vancouver car I'm trying to ship it here to put it in my Toronto car.

I wear size 33 pants and find that the Bride seats are too tight. Bride seats also have the bolsters at the thigh-knee area too high. The Pole Position having it slightly lower there makes it easy for us to get in and out of the S2000 while providing enough hold.

In about 2 months I'll have my seat. Hope this helps!

hawkman199 06-24-2017 03:39 AM

Hi DK, if you put in a seat and want to use a 4 or 5 or even 6 point harness, you will need a harness bar at the correct height. This means a roll bar, like a Hard Dog or other similar make.

Cheers,

Robin

starchland 06-24-2017 04:35 AM

I am 32 waist and about 5 10 and I think it's a good fit. Any wider shoulders I think I would be uncomfortable though. Pm me.

I also have a bnib recaro red velour for sale I remember you said it wouldn't look good on yellow :p

Yellow&DK 06-24-2017 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by swfk (Post 24242383)
I have a Pole Position in my Vancouver car I'm trying to ship it here to put it in my Toronto car.
I wear size 33 pants and find that the Bride seats are too tight. Bride seats also have the bolsters at the thigh-knee area too high. The Pole Position having it slightly lower there makes it easy for us to get in and out of the S2000 while providing enough hold.
In about 2 months I'll have my seat. Hope this helps!

Yeayea I tried bride seat at the shop. But it was too tight for me too haha. Good to hear that easy to get in and out. Thanks for the input!

Originally Posted by hawkman199 (Post 24242411)
Hi DK, if you put in a seat and want to use a 4 or 5 or even 6 point harness, you will need a harness bar at the correct height. This means a roll bar, like a Hard Dog or other similar make.
Cheers,
Robin

Hello Rob. I will do roll bar after I get seat. And as you saw me on track last time.. :( I need one right? haha. Thanks for the advice!

Originally Posted by starchland (Post 24242424)
I am 32 waist and about 5 10 and I think it's a good fit. Any wider shoulders I think I would be uncomfortable though. Pm me.
I also have a bnib recaro red velour for sale I remember you said it wouldn't look good on yellow :p

Oh you got a perfect size for those racing seat :drive: haha I still want to try it first though. Hmm if you are good fit with 32waist.. I might need another seat or diet soon lol. Wish your recaro was black!!!! I want red interior so bad but as you said it wouldn't look goon on my rio yellow ughhh. Thanks so much for the information. PM sent!

brownasaurus 06-24-2017 12:18 PM

Usually someone at the monthly meet will have a pole position.

I am 5'10 with a 34" waist and fit fine. I live in Mississauga if you want to try it out.

Yellow&DK 06-24-2017 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by brownasaurus (Post 24243448)
Usually someone at the monthly meet will have a pole position.

I am 5'10 with a 34" waist and fit fine. I live in Mississauga if you want to try it out.

Oh really?

I haven't seen one yet haha

Since I didn't go every month.

Are you coming next week monthly meet?

Or I can go Mississauga for try the seat :)

Thanks a lot :argh:

PM sent.

Singh_snisen 06-24-2017 08:53 PM

Both seats r great.

I personally liked the sparco evo 2 better when on track.