Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

As requested, pics of my garage/S2k bedroom.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As requested, pics of my garage/S2k bedroom.

Ok so I have gotten alot of requests to see my garage in full view. Well here it is, the S2000's bedroom (as my wife calls it).

First pic is of the whole garage when we bought the house.

Second pic... The wife and mother in law told me to find a colour so they could paint the garage and ceiling, since it was insulated they just had to do some putty repairs. Then yes I put down outdoor carpet, I did this for the simple fact of... Have you ever worked under your car in the dead of winter on the concrete? Well then you know why I would do this! I have worked on my car many times in my PAJAMAS!! The other reason is looks, just looks better. Worried about spills?? I use a shoe matt when I am changing fluids incase of a spill! My neighbours think I am nuts when they walk by and see a bedroom for a car.

Third pic... The first pic is a poster of random girls at SEMA that signed our poster for me and my wife (also the last poster)

We are thinking of setting up a 19" flat screen with dvd player built-in to hang up in this corner. This also holds my Grandfathers knight axes, not sure he got them but I used to play with them when I was a kid (he past away a few months ago, so since he was always interested in my cars I thought it would be nice to put something that reminds me of him) This is also where the heater goes that works really well.

Second wall... Importfest posters I have had my previous cars at. And a Lamborghini Diablo picture.... who's room did not have one when they were a kid!

This also has my team jersey, picture of my many award winning MX3, and my Ferrari customer/owner pass from the Wynn hotel in Vegas.

Back wall... This is where my tool chest, awards from my MX3, a portrait of all my other cars my wife made me, my winter to do list, my SEMA pass, compressor, and lounge chair.

Front wall... This wall I just insulated and have yet to put up the drywall (I am waiting till I move the S2 outside for the day).

As you will see there is NO garbage cans in my room! I keep it very neat and tiddy just like the inside of my house!
And that is my Garage!
Old 03-05-2011, 02:38 PM

That's super nice =D
Old 03-05-2011, 03:47 PM

Received 3,358 Likes on 2,441 Posts

That is awesome, I love it,thanks for posting the pics. I like the carpet idea but I am always dropping fluid or some type of spray lubricant/rustproofing/grease on the floor. I use those big 2x2 foam floor pads when I'm working on the floor, they are pretty comfy but a carpet is cool. I'd like to work on fixing up my garage a bit too, I'd like to get some posters up. All I have is a Neon SRT4 sales banner that the dealer gave me from the showroom floor when I owned my SRT4. I have an official Spoon sports shirt that doesn't fit me, might be a good wall decorating item. The only other thing I have is a Jack Daniels thermometer, lol. I definitely need more wall candy though. Thanks for posting, great job !
Old 03-05-2011, 08:26 PM

That is fricken awesome!! Dude i love it especially naming it a bedroom and having the carpet to accompany it, hahaha

Arent you concerned about bringing in crap from your tires tho? I would think they would make it dirty a lot more than the odd spill?
Old 03-06-2011, 03:47 AM

Not really, since it's outdoor carpet I can just hose it down or vacuum it up!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:51 AM

I've got an S2K To Do list as well, but it sits beside my bed in my bedroom, I've had it all winter as I've been knocking off projects during the off-season. Having one in the garage would be nicer though, cool touch.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:39 AM

Received 88 Likes on 79 Posts

nice, cant wait to get my own garage. how do you find the width of your garage when working?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:29 AM

Those single car garages work okay for access if you keep from storing things on the side walls or the ground. My current house has a 1.5 car garage which gives you some added breathing room. I miss my old house which had a 2.5 car garage, that thing was really nice.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by starchland
nice, cant wait to get my own garage. how do you find the width of your garage when working?
As long as it's in the middle it's fine, I can jack up the car and open the doors 3/4 of the way. Since I did all the front end work and so on in this garage I think it works well. Just keep it very tidy and your good! Have a shed in the backyard and you shouldn't need to put any lawn care things in the garage. Our next house will be a 2 car garage!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:09 AM

that garage is awesome.. carpet is a great touch. i would need more room though. love what you did with your space colin. i'm very jealous

Quick Reply: As requested, pics of my garage/S2k bedroom.