Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Roll Bars

Old 02-05-2002, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Triple-H:

I found a set of sweet roll bars...

Check:

http://www.zigzagasia.com/zza/cars/s2000/0.../project01.html

And keep hitting 'next'. That's one of the Zig Zag/AMUSE Power House tuning cars. I don't know if that is an AMUSE bar or someone else's...can anyone provide input on this? Maybe even duplicate it?

Peace.
Old 02-06-2002, 04:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry man to rain on your parade. That is the Cusco bar and the manufacturer and the two distributors I have contacted all said it is not track worthy. It is just bolted together with metal brackets and the foam wrap makes it look better than it is. I know I was excited when I found it too.

However - this is the design is like very much and will be using this as a model for my bender.

Let me know if you hit on anything else and I will keep you completely posted. So will you be at the Salamander Run on 7/6? I will be!
Old 02-06-2002, 08:22 PM

Track worthy bars...

I used to have a Z3 and it's real PIA to find a track worthy setup and I ultimately traded it for an used M3 (along with other reasons)

Have you (for people who are more serious about real track protection) thought about a custom-made unit? Some of my friends have had their cars fitted with custom-made rollbars and rollcages (in E30 dedicate race car and E36 M3 track/daily driver, sorry to bring these in guys) by two shops in Toronto. The price is actually quite good considerign the good quality and the fact that they meet the racing regulation.

I wish I could find the pics but that would take some digging through my piles of photos.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:02 PM

Triple H: ARgh, it's always too good to be true, but yes, I would definitely be interested in approaching a bender to price out a copy that is track worthy...

I like the design of that cusco bar... Which shop are you using?

FC in TO: Welcome to the group dude, got any contact info for your pipe guys?

Peace...
Old 02-07-2002, 08:55 AM

FC in TO - I know this is no longer useful info but you might know someone who needs this info. For a Z3 or an M roadster there is a company in Massachusettes called HMS. I'm sure a quick www.google.com search would turn them up. Their bar has some of the most beautiful welds I have ever seen (maybe only the son of an engineer could get so excited over a weld, but believe me they are art, a beautiful weld is often the strongest I might ad!). If even a safe bar was needed this would be the way to go for a Z3. They come in a wonderful black mild crinkle finish or a chrome finish that is top notch! Works perfect under both the soft top and the BMW hardtop (if you can call fiberglass hard).

Here it is:

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/

Yes, I will be going the custom route. This is the only way to go for me because the S2000 has been bought specifically to replace my track car of 10 years, the original Triple-H, my trusty '90 CRX-Si.
Old 02-07-2002, 09:04 AM

1badride - maybe FC in TO will come on back with some other contacts. The guy I'm just starting to talk to is in Vermont. I will share contact info as soon as I take our conversations to the next level. He has already taken apart the interior of an S2000 to check it out for rollbar solutions but I'm not crazy about his solution so I am still debating the details with him. I just do not want to remove the OEM hoops and get stuck with all sorts of unsightly unfinished strange looking incomplete plastic interior parts.
My car is due very close to 4/15 and I want to have the bar done by 5/30 so that will give you a feeling of time frame. I want a final plan on what I'm doing before I receive my car.

1badride & FC in TO - you planning to attend the Salamander run 7/6? If yes we can meet then because I'm coming up!
Old 02-07-2002, 11:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

polished ones - a la boxster - would be way coool.

i'd be all over that.....
Old 02-07-2002, 11:38 AM

Yeah, I'll be at the sal for sure.

Chrome? Dunno about that. Anodized blue for me.

Peace.
Old 02-07-2002, 11:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when i said polished, i didn't mean chrome.

if i meant chrome, i would have typed CHROME!!

more like that brushed aluminium look...
Old 02-07-2002, 11:58 AM

U gettin all technical on me? LOL

Brushed aluminum isn't polished...

Yes, polished, chrome, whatever - they're similar.

I had the Racing Beat twin hoop chrome "style" bars on my Miata...

I definitely want to do the "blue chrome" look though...

Peace.

Quick Reply: Roll Bars