Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > North America East > Southern Ontario S2000 Owners
Reload this Page >

S2000 Crash in North York, Driver Deead

Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

S2000 Crash in North York, Driver Deead

Old 07-25-2018, 04:04 PM

Received 86 Likes on 84 Posts

Sad to see, be safe out there people. Condolences to the family.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Condolences to the family

Just curious, how fast could he have gone in a residential neighborhood for the car to end up like that?
Old 07-25-2018, 05:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My condolence goes to his family.

If there's a GoFundMe page set up, please let the community know.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:16 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm gonna be "that guy" so feel free to call me an asshole or anything else, but it's hard to feel for someone who drives this like on residential streets or anywhere that isn't a racetrack for that fact.

Doing pulls onto the highway is one thing, pretending city streets are a racetrack is another. Stay safe out there people.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:20 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hectorteto View Post
Condolences to the family

Just curious, how fast could he have gone in a residential neighborhood for the car to end up like that?
Not sure if it was raining at the time but it did rain earlier in the evening for sure. So the roads were probably wet. But that bend is just that, a bend. You wouldn't slow down for it in the dry doing 80km/hour and even in the rain doing anything near the 50km/h speed limit you wouldn't need to slow down unless you were on slicks. To do that kind of damage to the car, I'd guess he was probably approaching 100km/h, lost traction, panicked, locked it up, and unfortunately hit a heavy stationary object that 1 metre to the front or back it would just be a write-off.

It's sad. Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.

This is where it happened and I circled the pole I think he hit. Not the tree but the pole a bit past the tree.

Last edited by haga888; 07-26-2018 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:53 AM
Community Organizer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for g-mapping it out. That's a pretty gentle bend in the road - the speed must've been pretty high to cause such damage to the vehicle. The pole is also quite a ways from the curb.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fernando. View Post
I'm gonna be "that guy" so feel free to call me an asshole or anything else, but it's hard to feel for someone who drives this like on residential streets or anywhere that isn't a racetrack for that fact.

Doing pulls onto the highway is one thing, pretending city streets are a racetrack is another. Stay safe out there people.
Yup, you are an asshole. We've all made mistakes and done stupid things. Unfortunately this young man paid the ultimate price. RIP.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the roads were wet, its been raining everyday and maybe he had bad tires. Either way RIP, I'm sure everyone is aware of the dangers of speeding. A loss of life is still a tragedy no matter what.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fernando. View Post

Your holier than thou attitude is inane.

There is a mother and father out there that lost their son. They will never get to hug their son again. Never see him get married. Never see him have children. Never again hear him say "I love you". You don't feel for him? Feel for them.

You ****ing asshole.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When someone loses a person they love, it is a tragedy no matter what. I wonder if the people choosing to s..t on fernando, would take the same approach, if it was a vehicle that the person hit and not a pole, and innocent people were also killed because of some mistake that was made that should not have been made. My turn to be called an A..hole.

Quick Reply: S2000 Crash in North York, Driver Deead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands