S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   Shops in TO. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/shops-29626/)

Nabs 79 09-27-2001 09:15 AM

Shops in TO.

Any good Shops in the toronto area who deal with S2ks? Anyone have any good experiences?

I'm not looking at buying anything in particular right now, maybe just browse and see what they might have for my car. I'm talking Performance wise.

taylor 09-27-2001 10:15 AM

"Performance" parts for the S2K don't exist. They're a myth.

The only thing that'll make your Stook faster is a supercharger.

DoGMaN 09-27-2001 03:40 PM

I'd just like to find a place to get a decent X-Brace in CDN dollars.

Hate thinking of paying $600 CDN for one from Rick, regardless of how nice it is.

Vince

evolution 09-27-2001 07:27 PM

There is a really good one with great prices but I can't think of the translation into english. I can say it in Chinese but...argh. It's on Silver Star Rd I think.

Whatever you do, DO NOT GO TO BC AUTO. The guy there is a crook. He sold a 5Zigen (he's distributor that's why we went to him) exhaust meant for a 2-door Impreza 2.5RS to my friend who has a 4-door Impreza 2.5 RS. We asked him specifically if the exhaust would fit the 4-door Impreza and he said yes. Turns out he was wrong. My friend had to spend $200 in modifications and waste many hours to make the 5Zigen fireball fit his 4-door Impreza.

Also tried to take us for fools by trying to sell fake parts (fibreglass bodykit) as real wings west parts. Hmm what else. Oh, a friend with a e46 bimmer had a bumper replaced, but Bell Chan (the owner) told my friend the old bumper broke so he had to throw it out. Bull $hit. He probably sold it to a deal as parts. I heard he did that to several IS300 owners too.

Several other car shops in the GTA area also have horror stories about BC Auto. A lot of former BC Auto clients went to them after BC Auto screwed up their cars.

Anyways, as you know the import industry is a cut throat so there may be some exaggerations, but from what I have seen BC Auto does not seem to be that trustworthy. Anyways, be careful at BC Auto.

GOOD PARTS STORE: The store on Silver Star Rd. (Scarborough/Markham)
GOOD PAINT SHOW: Technik (Thornhill)
GOOD REPAIR STORE: Wings Auto (Thornhill)
GOOD STORE FOR JDM GOODIES: Little Auto stores in Pacific Mall (Markham)

S2kRob 09-29-2001 07:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by taylor
[B]"Performance" parts for the S2K don't exist. They're a myth.

S2K.TO 10-02-2001 11:22 AM

Originally posted by DoGMaN
I'd just like to find a place to get a decent X-Brace in CDN dollars.

Hate thinking of paying $600 CDN for one from Rick, regardless of how nice it is.

Vince

REV Auto Performance & Accessories
ask for Samson @ 416-838-8447
tell him K sent you~

MR2T 10-02-2001 01:52 PM

Check out IPC in Brampton. This guy is supposed to be good. He does a lot of turbos and stuff. he wont touch anything but Hondas/Acuras.

baka 10-02-2001 07:13 PM

My brother have a Spoon X Brace (100% new) for sale
email him at

cts@asia.com

Also He has a Spoon Tower Bar (100% new) for sale too

All of them are in original packagings.

FFWD 10-19-2001 08:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by evolution
[B]There is a really good one with great prices but I can't think of the translation into english. I can say it in Chinese but...argh. It's on Silver Star Rd I think.