Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

So Tugz, You loving it or what?

Old 12-10-2001, 07:08 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Tugz, You loving it or what?

You're lucky, we're still getting some driving days in. Putting the car away for the winter is a very, very bad thing!!

Mike
Old 12-12-2001, 05:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey, I havent put the car away...not until the snow anyways!!

Hopefully we'll get a nice weekend like the last....

As for the car, everytime I come home from work, i set out a lawnchair in the garage and just stare at it for at least an hour...

I just changed out the factory speakers with some Sony 160W 6.5" 3-ways.....Much, Much better!

Let me know of any GTG..

peace
Old 12-12-2001, 05:32 PM

Did you do the speaker change yourself? If so, was it difficult, if not, can you recommend a good shop to install them. I saw a 2002 at the dealership and they have smaller tweeters on the top door panels and two sets of speakers on the bottom of the door. It was the new blue one, very nice.
Old 12-12-2001, 05:37 PM
Banned

I did it myself....I found it very easy....email me if you would like some instructions
Old 12-12-2001, 05:44 PM

Geez, Tugz is going to be as bad as the rest of us soon.

I'll be really scared when he starts detailing his car and counting the coats of Zaino heh.

First thing I did when I got the car was replace the speakers as well...horrid factory crap. This winter its adding Lucid's panels and a new deck.

Welcome aboard
Old 12-12-2001, 05:47 PM

It really baffles the mind to spend so much money on this car and get cheap crappy speakers. What about the tuner and a more powerfull amp? Can anybody recommend a great sound install shop for tuners and amps?
Old 12-12-2001, 05:55 PM
Banned

CDX-MP450X CD/MP3 player 50WX4
Old 12-12-2001, 06:08 PM
Former Moderator

I'm thinking it's about time I go MP3 as well, the speakers are really easy to upgrade, just ask if you need help.

Oh and Tugz, Saturday is supposed to be cold but sunny, let me know if you wanna grab a coffee or something.

Mike
Old 12-12-2001, 06:29 PM

MP3 is the only way I'm going.

I posted in the electronics area asking if anyone liked the JVC SH-99 or the new Blaupunkt San Jose.

Its going to be either one of those for me.

I'll go with the Lucid panels and the PAC SW-3. I really don't want to lose the dash controls.

As for shops, I know there is a shop in Barrie that has some of the best installers in North America running it. The name escapes me right now, but if someone wants it I'll get it.

For me I want a fairly simple install, speaker panels, deck and maybe an amp..not boxes or custom work of any kind.
Old 12-13-2001, 07:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mike,

check the other thread, a few of us are getting together for a coffee on saturday morning.

the first thing i also did was change the deck, added a rockford fosgate amp, and put in 4 speakers (2 tweets/2 doors) - my car sounds AWESOME

i had my stuff done at kromer radio - the tweets are a work of art.

vince, what are the lucid's going for? i heard he uses sony speakers - i would love just the panels as i want to keep all my speakers the same brand - boston accoustics pro series.

btw, i'm not into/can't get into the MP3 thing.

regards

Quick Reply: So Tugz, You loving it or what?