Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Suspension deals?

Old 01-31-2002, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension deals?

I know this does'nt involve my S2k but i thought it would'nt hurt to ask.

Anybody know where is a good/cheap place i can get a coilover setup for my Civic Si.?? I'm looking for a race setup, possible koni shocks revalved with eibach ers springs or teins.
Old 01-31-2002, 07:02 AM

Speedtech
Old 02-01-2002, 09:00 PM

Try Kennedy HiFi in Scarborough on Nantucket Blvd. They carry Tein coilovers. I think they might have something in stock for your civic. Their good quality and competitively priced for coilovers. Try bargaining with him. The owner's name is Allan. I bought coilovers for my s for $3200 tax in.

Good luck,
Old 02-01-2002, 09:31 PM

Kennedy HiFi in Scarborough is the biggest scam alive. They know squat about almost any kind of installation. I;ve only heard complaints. And there prices are crazy. See what you guys have to do is get organized like the Toronto Prelude Club. We got over 150 members. So what we did is we made affiliates with various aspects of the car indistry. Aftermarket parts, paint, dent removal, rims, you name it. ie we get Tiens HA for just under 1600 (TAX IN) and Koni Yellows for under 850 tax in. We $20 a year membership and we save tons on parts. We even have mechanic affiliates that give us really good quotes. I remember when I went for my CAI when I first got the lude. I was quoted from this shop $350. So I became a member for $20. Then went to the same shop which was an affiliate and picked up the AEM CAI for $250. But if you guys are able to create a TS2KC then I recomend you pay the 20 at TPC, become members and get the deals.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:35 PM

Just cause you guys have the expensive rides that doesn't mean you have to get handed when it comes to parts.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:04 PM

What kind of coilovers are you looking for?? What is your budget ??
If you are looking for a full race coilover system, you should look into Zeal function B6 becuz of the piston valve technology that they have, i prefer them over Teins becuz of the shorter piston inside to allow shorter travel distances and it is rebound/compression adjustable.. unless you are planning to use Tein RS model which is a higher model.. For that price ($4000), you can go for the Ohlins...
But if you are less hardcore, you can try Zeal function B2, buddyclub racing spec, tanabe sustec spec, Tein HA/HR.. Have u heard of DMS from Australia?? they have a coilover kit for the S2k which is around $3200cad .. the build quality is superior. My mechanic has try them out in the race circuit in chuhai (china), and he said that it is more sRperior that the Tein's or other brands, although i'm not sure about that..
I know rev performance carries many JDM goods including Tein, Zeal etc.. maybe you can ask for the prices... the other choice is AJ racing in vancouver(www.ajracing.com), their prices are competitive and last of all if you have connection in hk.. you should really get it there since the stuff are so cheap there...
hope that helps..
Old 02-01-2002, 10:08 PM

Originally posted by Ouzo Lude
Kennedy HiFi in Scarborough is the biggest scam alive. They know squat about almost any kind of installation. I;ve only heard complaints. And there prices are crazy. See what you guys have to do is get organized like the Toronto Prelude Club. We got over 150 members. So what we did is we made affiliates with various aspects of the car indistry. Aftermarket parts, paint, dent removal, rims, you name it. ie we get Tiens HA for just under 1600 (TAX IN) and Koni Yellows for under 850 tax in. We $20 a year membership and we save tons on parts. We even have mechanic affiliates that give us really good quotes. I remember when I went for my CAI when I first got the lude. I was quoted from this shop $350. So I became a member for $20. Then went to the same shop which was an affiliate and picked up the AEM CAI for $250. But if you guys are able to create a TS2KC then I recomend you pay the 20 at TPC, become members and get the deals.
o well... i do agree that thieir prices is not the best in Toronto but their work is awesome;especially audio stuff..
Old 02-01-2002, 10:44 PM

BB:

You have a Lancer EVO?? In Toronto????

Peace.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:03 PM

hmm i still think BC auto - biggest scam ever
Old 02-01-2002, 11:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1badride
[B]BB: