Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

T.O. Intn'l Auto Show worth the $15 ?

Old 02-05-2002, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on going.
Old 02-05-2002, 05:05 PM

$15 bucks! I see admiss. prices went up again! To me personally, its not worth it! The only good memory i have of the Toronto Auto Show was back in '96 with the debut of the Ferrari F50!!!! Had to use a baseball bat to fight my way through the crowds! Now that was worth my 10 bucks!
Old 02-05-2002, 05:40 PM

LOL !! you guys are too funnny :-)

-simon2000
Old 02-06-2002, 04:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ooopps, I better not say any more. I have spent lots more than $15 to come up and spend the weekend, eat like a king, take in the car show, swim in the hotel pool, eat like a king, go out for a few drinks and some billiards, and did I mention eat like a king?

Toronto is a great city! Have a blast if any of you decide to go...
Old 02-06-2002, 05:25 PM

Man, we've got a bunch of whiney babies on this board! Toronto is a very good autoshow. I've been to quite a few, San Francisco, San Jose, Boston and Detroit, and the only one better is Detroit. You guys haven't seen a crappy autoshow if you think Toronto is bad.

Actually, it's quite good. It really is about 80-85% as good as Detroit, which is not bad. I'm going, even though I've been to Detroit already. Should be fun. Mitsubishi's even going to be there.
Old 02-07-2002, 09:03 AM

Last year's sucked, except when the Subaru rep started slamming 'stangs... heheheh

Ok I think I'm in...anyone know the dates/times of the show?

I heard a radio station (103.5? 92.5?) broadcasting live from there TODAY...

Peace.
Old 02-07-2002, 11:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

on second thought, screw it. everyone's right, they're so boring nowadays....
Old 02-12-2002, 05:41 AM

If they were going to have the GT40 there I'd tell you run, don't walk, to check it out. But I don't think it's on the roster.

However, Mitsubishi is going to start selling in Canada and they'll have their line-up there. This could include the EVO when it hits the US (next year?).

Also if you haven't seen the Mini in person yet, you should check it out.

There is also a "Sport Compact Revolution" section in the Skydome.

I'm there tomorrow and thursday (Media Days) to cover it, if I remember, i'll let you know if there's anything else there worth the trip.

That GT40 was the highlight of the Detroit show for me. Then again, the Williams F1 didn't hurt either. The NSX was.. ehh.. okay I guess. I think I like the older styling. The 350Z looks SOOO much like an S2000 it's not funny. The skyline gtr concept was hideous. The new Tiburon is awesome (looking). Hyundai is making some smart styling decisions this year.

I dunno, I love car shows.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by taylor
[B]If they were going to have the GT40 there I'd tell you run, don't walk, to check it out. But I don't think it's on the roster.
Old 02-13-2002, 06:26 PM

Uhh no.

Mazda showed the RX-8. (or the Mazda S2000 as I like to call it). Also they had a Mazda 6 there (but it was a plain old Sedan one, nothing like the sport coupe one they had in Detroit.. really striking car)

Civic SiR is there. A special edition Civic is new. The new NSX is there. CL TypeS.

A half dozen of the part car, suv, wagon things.

Volvo has a sweet looking sport concept wagon. (I hear their first one was a sedan).

Mitsubishi showed an interesting concept half car/truck thing. Damned hybrids.

The new Benz SL is there. Gorgeous.

Porsche GT2.

Masarati.

The Sport Compact section was only half ready, kinda messy and all. But like last year, that area is low light. I'm doubting the section will exceed much more than a mini show-n-shine.

Yeah.. if I type any more I might as well write my article now.

So there's stuff to see, but having seen a number of these things in Detroit it's hard to say it's a must see show. Depends on what you're into. Press days are nice because you can get clean photos, and inspect the cars without a crowd.. no wait to sit in a car or what have you. Plus you can get questions answered quite easily. (which I guess IS the point of Media days eh?)

Quick Reply: T.O. Intn'l Auto Show worth the $15 ?