Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

TOTAL BS: Toronto Police Officer give me 3 tickets for just going about my everyday life and maybe driving 8-10 km over the limit

Old 06-03-2015, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, makes my blood boil just reading it.

Was this a young gun, newbie cop just showing off how tiny his dick is by flashing his badge?

Similar to what's posted on here above - just book a first attendance and request for full disclosure

For those that have gone through this before - for item (1) -- is taking pictures sufficient? or do you need something like a letter from dealership to certify the exhaust is OEM?

Item (2) - hopefully the cop didn't follow protocol and didn't show you the radar (providing you requested to see it) -- i've used this site before (someone captured the info and put it as a PDF now) -- basically just poke holes in the cop's notes and challenge everything related to the charge; as long as there shows reasonable doubt - you're off

http://fyst.ca/fyst0499.pdf

Item (3) - that one's easy -- show both the copy of the PDF and when you get your pink slip in the mail (it will probably arrive by the time you get your first attendance) and the prosecutor will throw it out

One thing I learned about tickets in Scarlem (technically I got my ticket in North York, but they sent me to the Milner / Markham Rd area to file it) -- don't go too early to exercise your option -- I did that one (got a ticket on a thursday / friday - went to the ticket office on monday) -- after wasting 30 min. to line up -- the worker behind the counter said the cop didnt' even submit the ticket to be filed yet. Wait a few days (but not before the X days you have to exercise your option is up!)

Good luck!
Old 06-03-2015, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've talked to people who are police officers, it isn't actually a requirement to show us the radar they tell me. That's just a bullshit thing people make up as far as I've been told by police officers
Old 06-04-2015, 03:41 AM

Don't post saying people that you know are...
Old 06-04-2015, 03:51 AM

If you are too loud don't they make you go to a shop to prove it's not or something? Just get a mechanic stating everything is OEM or something.

You can also do a police complaint online. It's a provincial department I think.

Cops have busted me for no reason too...

I was just doing a u turn and revved like up to 6000 to test my new dash cam with Torque for android. Then like 7 cops walk out of a pizza place in my apartment building and just f@#king harass me and call me stupid say I'm street racing. They didn't give me a ticket or anything though. Maybe because I said I was testing my dashcam? Funny thing it didn't work...
Old 06-04-2015, 04:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Items 1 and 3 can easily be dismissed in court.

- For item #1 all you need is a letter from Honda Canada that the exhaust system you have on your car is OEM. This will have to cover all components of the exhaust system (i.e. muffler, tips, convertor, etc.)
- For item #3 you will need to show that your insurance coverage was started before the date/time shown on the ticket.

Item #2 will be difficult to prove without radar and/or video evidence either yours or the officer's.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FluKy15
I've talked to people who are police officers, it isn't actually a requirement to show us the radar they tell me. That's just a bullshit thing people make up as far as I've been told by police officers
This is true. Don't ask me why.

you cannot give excuses about why you weren't going fast, means nothing. You have to understand a Police officers word is stronger then yours. You cannot prove with fact that what the officer testifies is false then you cannot win the case regarding speeding. What is important is that you can ask to see the radar speed and the police denies you, it's worth mentioning, you can also state how there were cars next to you, traveling faster then you and swear that you were doing X speed, perhaps he had lasered the wrong car? Also ask when was the last time the gun was calibrated, how was it calibrated, did he do it or someone else. Hopefully in those answers, the judge will see something that will let you off.

The other two is a easy win. Depending on the Judge and the type of day he/she is having, they might let you off on speeding since the other two charges were BS.

Be lucky you didn't get shot 8 times because he didn't like the way you looked or the colour of your skin. The way the system is going, it's going to get like this as more and more cops are getting paid breaks when they do something illegal. If they did 1 thing illegal and it's proved, life time ban on any type of similar role
Old 06-04-2015, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, you better fight all of that and not pay a penny. None of those things are valid reasons to give tickets, and to be honest I hardly think he had just cause to pull you over in the first place.

Last time I got a ticket it was for pulling a quick 180 u-turn in the street. I was waiting for traffic to clear so didn't notice when a cop pulled up behind 3 cars back. She had a fairly clear view of everything however when she pulled me over and gave me the ticket she recorded that I squealed my tires, left the road, fished tailed, and endangered the public. Personally it was the cleanest turn around I have ever done, my tires don't squeal because they are so soft (lol!), I never left the road, and as mentioned before, waited for it to be clear. When I fought the ticket I basically denied everything she recorded and ended up getting a "fail to perform safe stop in public" ... or something along that degree, instead of a careless driving which i think is 4-6 points?

I was going up against a lot of claims, but held my ground and came out with something reasonable. I hope you have a similar positive experience and am sorry to hear you were stereotyped so poorly. My exhaust is crazy loud, ask anyone who has driven with me, and I have never received a comment for excessive noise from an officer (maybe its cuz they like the sound of it ). And the general public drives at least 10-15km/h over the speed limit all the time so for a cop to bust you on ~10km/h over thats garbage. Its not worth an officer's time to give a ticket for anything less than 16 km/h over and even if you are speeding, if the flow of traffic is going the same speed as you then it's generally fine and safe. Obviously not if everyone was going 50km/h+ but lets be realistic. I have seen flow of traffic on the highway be ~30 km/h above speed limit at times and you wouldn't notice any difference if not checking the speedometer.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:59 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by FluKy15
whoops
Old 06-04-2015, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1433418085' post='23635901
whoops
I'm pretty sure those that are police officers on our forums here wouldn't want everyone to know who they are.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:32 AM

Well, I was thinking if you get the 2 easy ones cleared. You show the officier is unreliable and incompetant and just out to get you to get the third one clear.

Quick Reply: TOTAL BS: Toronto Police Officer give me 3 tickets for just going about my everyday life and maybe driving 8-10 km over the limit