Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

TOTAL BS: Toronto Police Officer give me 3 tickets for just going about my everyday life and maybe driving 8-10 km over the limit

Old 06-04-2015, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FluKy15
Originally Posted by kryptonite' timestamp='1433429976' post='23636121
[quote name='FluKy15' timestamp='1433418085' post='23635901']
Don't post saying people that you know are...
whoops
I'm pretty sure those that are police officers on our forums here wouldn't want everyone to know who they are.
[/quote]

Why? Are they afraid of something? Just wondering.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpidArman
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1433431345' post='23636162
[quote name='kryptonite' timestamp='1433429976' post='23636121']
whoops
I'm pretty sure those that are police officers on our forums here wouldn't want everyone to know who they are.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No need to call people out, if they want it known, they will chime in. Call it courtesy

Unnecessary Noise will nail every Harley.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:25 AM

Courtesy works for me.

Yeah I don't think I have ever seen a Harley pulled over, ever. Love the way the system works.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the police did not hold a speed testing gun then he could not just guess what speed you were.

Originally Posted by iDomN8U
Originally Posted by SpidArman' timestamp='1433444076' post='23636439
[quote name='FluKy15' timestamp='1433431345' post='23636162']
whoops
[/quote]

[/quote]

No need to call people out, if they want it known, they will chime in. Call it courtesy
[/quote]

I feel it is basic courtesy as well. There is a certain stigma towards police officers, and so those that are police, and are within our community, really don't need that. They are still people. Often times the ones that are police officers and on our forums, are against these asshole cops that give these stupid tickets too
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by iDomN8U
Originally Posted by SpidArman' timestamp='1433444076' post='23636439
[quote name='FluKy15' timestamp='1433431345' post='23636162']
whoops
[/quote]

[/quote]

Unnecessary Noise will nail every Harley.
[/quote]

Originally Posted by SpidArman
Courtesy works for me.

Yeah I don't think I have ever seen a Harley pulled over, ever. Love the way the system works.
Indeed, was a bit of a brain fart on my part
Old 06-04-2015, 07:42 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

at the Dragon this past April, Fluky, jvf1 and I met a great police officer at the gas station just before Ellijay Rd. He was talking about crashing on the US129 the previous year on his sport bike. I thought he was going to hassle us about burning around on his roads, but he just went on about his day.

nice.

darcy
Old 06-05-2015, 07:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There will be good cops and bad cops and this one just sounded part of the latter but since we don't have a video or any concrete evidence, it's hear-say from one party only.

I suggest you fight it and have your day in court and do the following (not limited to):
- Bring a FULL COMPLEMENT of photos of your exhaust (not just the tip - heheheheh, that's what she said) and some sort of indication that this was the Honda OEM exhaust (make sure it doesn't have any holes in it). This will help the court decide if it was an aftermarket. Since the cop wrote the ticket, the onus of evidence is on the cops but you showing the photos will cast doubt on whether it is truly OEM or not and they will have to get an expert (which wastes more time) and possibly throw it out. Again, make sure no obvious damage to the exhaust
- Bring your insurance papers and the temporary slip that you showed the cop (to prove the cop is wasting the court's time)
- Bring your best behaviour (the judges will be partial to guys who are polite, well mannered AND DO THEIR HOMEWORK). TELL THE JUDGE EVERYTHING and GET YOUR STORY STRAIGHT. No mistakes, rehearse, get it down pat. They will love you for it provided it is the truth and bulletproof.

Piss off a judge by wasting his/her time? Have your anus prepared for some reaming.

The system is annoying but will work if you do your part. I would suggest not accepting a plea but keep in mind, this is now going to be a bet on whether or not the cop had evidence. If he does, you're toast. If he doesn't, loudness and speeding need imperical measurements so "I feel it is loud" doesn't cut it and any prosecution lawyer would know this and you will be betting on getting off scott free.

I am by no means a lawyer or an expert in the matter - I speak simply from experience and thus am in no way responsible for the consequences as a result of taking the above 'advice'. Just trying to be helpful. Being an angry dick (not to say you are but in general) doesn't help so be nice to everyone and they can choose to accept that. No one likes angry dicks and trust me, the system can infuriate but don't buckle to that.

Good luck.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:51 PM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Of course being polite and not a dick roadside ( don't make him remember you and try harder to convict you) and in court help. You want a trial, any other option will not have your record go untarnished. And by the word of the law, isn't it the officers discretion what is deemed loud? Doesn't seem like that is based upon any system. Request disclosure, in hopes he sends you nothing to work from.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any chance he just nabbed the wrong guy because if he's caught giving you false tickets, his ass is on the line.

Also, got the same ticket for the printed registration thing. I don't think they care if it's not a pink slip, which is BS, but you can easily fight all of these tickets, especially if he didn't have you on radar. Seems like someone got shit for not making their "nonexistent" quota last month.

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
You probably know this, but go to court and plea it down, it is a waste of a day but fight for your rights and you will definitely get things/costs lowered. I don't know how anyone could mistake the oem exhaust for being loud, that is crazy. With all of the robberies murders, car thefts, and general violence in Toronto it amazes me how cops can waste people's time with stuff like this.
this. If cops are giving out BS tickets now, then fight it as much as you can. Hopefully it reaches the higher-ups and they have a "talk" with the rest of the OPP about ticketing people who aren't going to kill, injure, or put anyone in danger. They need to ticket the crapboxes that haven't been serviced in 100,000km's. Last thing I need is some stay-at-home mom rear-ending me because her GMC suburban's brakes decided to not work because mommy was too busy watching DR.Phil instead of servicing the oversized grocery getter.

passed a cop with a test pipe and the UK mod givin er the beans under a bridge, didn't realize it was an unmarked car on the other side of the road, hidden by an SUV. Didn't break the speed limit, but pretty damn loud and smelly. He/she didn't do anything. Had an invidia N1 in before I decided I liked my hearing, never got pulled over for that. Getting a ticket with stock exhaust is insane. It's quieter than my dad's C300, which is supposed to be quiet.

Quick Reply: TOTAL BS: Toronto Police Officer give me 3 tickets for just going about my everyday life and maybe driving 8-10 km over the limit