Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

US boarder pick up service for Canada?

Old 11-08-2016, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question US boarder pick up service for Canada?

hi all, i'm wondering if any one have used any services that will pick up your package from US and bring it back to Canada for you.

which provider is good / reliable? I've heard of "cross border pick up", are they good? is there other options?

i normal would go down myself and pick up my US purchase but now I don't have to time to drive down.

any insights of past experience would greatly be appreciated...thanks!
Old 11-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

never heard of this service, but I live under a rock in a border town (sarnia). I ship all my stuff to SCC in port huron and broker it over myself. If you can drive to a border town, then you can make the quick drive over.

you can PM me if you want some advice.

good luck

​​​​​​​darcy
Old 11-08-2016, 06:49 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Crossborderpickups is A+++

for the price of you can easily get to 401/Dixie, I don't know why you'd want to drive across the border.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

+1 for CrossBorderPickups.

Ship your online purchase to CBP mailing address in Niagara falls, CBP will instantly e-mail you. Log into your CBP account and request for pick up, within 24hrs the item will be at their Dixie/401 warehouse for pick up.

GL
Old 11-08-2016, 08:44 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by haga888
Crossborderpickups is A+++

for the price of you can easily get to 401/Dixie, I don't know why you'd want to drive across the border.
Hmm, i stand corrected. We don't have anything like that in our neck of the woods. thanks for posting and don't listen to me.

good luck!
darcy
Old 11-09-2016, 07:15 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ive been using SCC Parcel for years now...
I registered for Crossborderpickups but have never used them... maybe i'll give them a try soon.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was with CBI USA until haga888 recommended CBP

CBI requires you to physically cross the border to pick things up in Niagara Falls
You ship the items you've purchased to their address (they will give you a special 'mailbox' number) and they will hold it indefinitely for you
I usually order a bunch of stuff throughout the year, and once in a while I'll go pick up my items when I head down there (probably 3-4 times an year)
I'm quite honest when it comes to declaring items that I'm bringing back. The Canadian border people are generally nice and let me go, besides this one time where they actually ask me to go in and pay (and search my car). Didn't mind it since I have nothing to hide

CBP requires you to self-declare the monetary amount of what you're purchasing, and they'll charge you the 13% tax on top for you
Good thing is, you don't have to physically drive down to the states since they will bring it back to Mississauga for you and you pick up from their warehouse
The 13% tax you pay is probably worth it compare to paying gas and spending time to drive down to Niagara Falls (and potentially getting in trouble with the Canadian border if you're the type to lie about what you're bringing back in)

Of course, both companies have some sort of service fees, but very minimal if you ask me. Especially when you look at how expensive it is to purchase things in Canada
Old 11-09-2016, 08:02 AM

Awesome, good 2 know many of u guys enjoy cross border pick up service

How does the self declare tax work ? Say I buy a $100 item, I go to cbp website n tell them the item is $100 and they will charge me $13 tax later when I pick up the item?
Old 11-09-2016, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by aznsupastar

How does the self declare tax work ? Say I buy a $100 item, I go to cbp website n tell them the item is $100 and they will charge me $13 tax later when I pick up the item?
+1 for CBP.

Once the package is received at their facility in the US, they'll send an email asking for the value of the item. That 13% tax on your item value will then be tacked on to CBP's service fee that you will pay upon pickup.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aznsupastar

going to pick up my BalladeSports mugen HT glass window @CBP right now as I type this out...

I brought the glass window for $315USD, I declare the value of $60USD LOL, pay $9 tax.

Quick Reply: US boarder pick up service for Canada?