Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Were getting old but still there!

Old 06-29-2007, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Were getting old but still there!

http://www.motortrend.com/features/112_070...st_handling_car
Old 06-29-2007, 08:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would have been nice to see the AP1 in the test
Old 06-29-2007, 09:40 AM

cool and fun test. would hope the s2k does well.

hm, to bad they didn't/couldn't include the Type-R and old E30 M3...that thing sticks like glue.

no surprise at the winner (GT3) tho, sick car...but i woulda guess the lotus actually. but them newer porsches are getting easier to drive at the limit without losing it (compared to the old ones)...thus can be pushed more to the edge.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:06 AM

so if the GT3 was the best, which one was the worst??
Old 06-29-2007, 10:18 AM

I have the Magazine....here's a page scan of summary...(SORRY SCAN of ARTICLE is too big)

Old 06-29-2007, 10:38 AM

This is definitely one of the best handling review article ever published by an American rag. I'm glad they called out the Corvette for it's crappy driving feel. Too many internet fan boys talk out of their ass about how great the Corvette is without having ever driven one. It drives like a wet noodle.

It also shows why Honda need to stop f-cking around with the Civic chassis and build another real sports car. The Si got completely outgunned by the MS3 and MINI.

The Cayman.. Beating the GT3 in chassis control and almost matching the Exige in everything. Wow..

I think car and driver (?) did a similar article not too long ago and it was a great read too.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:42 AM

Yes but stilll (ME NO VETTE FAN).....you must respect it did make the group....1st or 10th ALL these cars are considered WINNERS from previous reviews.......basically Bang for the BUCK/Average overall performance!

Note:

"Step one in any such venture is to select the contestants. To shed some meaningful light on the topic of dynamic handling, we decided to invite top-handling cars representing the four major driveline layouts-front engine, front drive; front engine, rear drive; front engine, all-wheel drive; and mid- or rear engine. We brainstormed a list of 32 great-driving cars, our eight favorites in each category, then combed through past road-test data, reread our subjective reviews, and winnowed that list down to 10 finalists. (You'll find the full list and our reasoning behind the eliminations at motortrend.com.) We also endeavored to keep the finalists relevant to our readers by eliminating ultra-rare, unattainable exotica. Let's meet the finalists." (Motor Trend June 2007)
Old 06-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Former Moderator

The article is America's best handling car....they only tested one AMERICAN car...
Old 06-29-2007, 12:14 PM

HAHAHAAH Sorry I pledged to only RIDE in an american car (TTC) if that was my last OPTION!!! That's how much I love them.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by THEOLDMAN,Jun 29 2007, 02:46 PM
The article is America's best handling car....they only tested one AMERICAN car...
Yeah but can you think of any other current American car that handles like a sports car? I can't. The Solstice wouldn't stand a chance against the S2000.

The US auto industry is so f-cked. All the smart US engineers are stuck slaving away on shitty products while a bunch of clueless f-cks back at the corporate HQ spend all their time playing politics and waiting for retirement. That's how they end up in the shitter with products like the Aztek and the Jeep Compass.

Quick Reply: Were getting old but still there!