Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

2018 Pinnacle Advanced Driving Academy Autoslalom Course

Old 01-04-2018, 06:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2018 Pinnacle Advanced Driving Academy Autoslalom Course

Hi folks!

As most of you know, almost the ENTIRE PADA crew autocrosses regularly or at least attends several events throughout the year and our partnership with the Push-It-To-The-Limit (Welcome To the PITL Web Site) series has now expanded to a full on autoslalom intro and tune up course for the 2018 season.

Details! Details! Details!
This course is for all sorts of drivers ranging from new to auto slalom (or have limited experience) who want a solid start to the sport, all the way to experienced drivers who want to improve their skills and shave off those last few tenths. Students will learn and hone their driving skills through the day with 1 on 1 instruction on course and in the classroom with instructors who have years of auto slalom experience. Students will learn how to deal with specific auto slalom obstacles such as slaloms, bus stops and others.

Our instructors will show students how to break down the course and use proper techniques to achieve a faster lap time.

A full day of instruction focusing on in classroom and on course training with our experienced team of instructors which will include:

-2 hours of classroom instruction
-3 hours of specific auto cross drills and exercises
-2 hours of practice on the PADA auto cross course
-Fully catered lunch

When/Where:
May 20th, 2018 from 9am-5pm
Brampton Powerade Center - 7575 Kennedy Road

How much?
$175.00 (Taxes Incl.) if you register on January 31st or after.

[size="6"]EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT![/size]
$150 if you register before January 31st!

Waaaait a second, who's qualified at PADA to teach this?
Previous PITL winners such as Colin Caissie, Ian Drew and current champ: Val DiPietro (who also did pretty good in Regionals). I'm also not too bad myself

OK! OK! OK! WHERE DO I SIGN UP???

Last edited by LemonJus; 01-04-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:40 AM

So I've received a couple of very good questions regarding actual seat time at this school.

This is NOT a standard autocross event. Normal PITL events give you 4-5 runs in a day with the run being around a minute or so. Which means like 4-7 minutes of actual driving time with the rest watching and waiting.

This is vastly different.

We are aiming to have 5 of the 8 hours on site to be spent on the course. We will likely split the track into two sections with each section working on a specific drill again and again and again. I can't really give a good number on actual total driving time but this will definitely be more than what PITL gives you in an entire day.

Keep in mind:
3 hours of drills
2 hours of autocross style competition.

Both of these activities will be styled so that you line up, run, rejoin the lineup again. I expect actual driving time to be at least an hour if not more. The reason I say driving time is because after your run, the instructors (like myself) will break down your run with you and discuss what you are doing right, could improve on and try to gain insight into your behaviours to set a new bar for you improve to and off you go again to immediately apply.

Hope that helps explain the plan.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:32 PM

With just over one week left to go before the early bird discount of $150 for the Pinnacle Advanced Driving Academy autoslalom school! Come learn from previous series winners and get tuned up before the season kicks into full gear! Sign up at Autox