Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Who's Running An Oil Pressure Gauge ?

Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,443 Posts
Default Who's Running An Oil Pressure Gauge ?

I tried a search of oil pressure gauges and got mixed results. I'm just wondering if anyone here is running a reliable high quality oil pressure gauge. I'd like to run one to monitor pressures rather than waiting for the factory "your engine is toast" light to turn on after the damage is done.

Price isn't a concern, quality and reliability are most important. I won't be running any other gauge so I need something that just works on it's own. I don't care about data logging capability as I wouldn't have a need for that. I'd appreciate any reply and pics if possible, thanks for reading.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:58 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

As you probably already know I'm running an oil pressure gauge. It's added to the aem ems and displayed through the serial gauge (19 in 1). It's actually probably the best setup just because you can program the ems to shut off the car if the oil pressure drops below a set value, to prevent further damage.

I've used plx gauges before but found the pressure reading unreadable as it bounced around on the LCD screen. There are a handful of gauges out there that will work on their own. Like this one
http://www.aemelectronics.com/oil-pr...to-150-psi-768
My gauge is mounted in the radio controls where the mode button use to be. It's right in view but not in view of passing cars. IMO it's the best spot for a gauge. I never used the mode button anyways and all the other controls work as normal.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 AM

Also forgot to mention that the sensor is mounted in a greddy sandwich adapter. I read oil pressure and feed oil to the blower from there. Oil temp is measured at the pan drain bolt.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Also forgot to mention that the sensor is mounted in a greddy sandwich adapter. I read oil pressure and feed oil to the blower from there. Oil temp is measured at the pan drain bolt.
Thanks for the reply Nick !. I remember seeing your AEM gauge but I didn't realize it monitored fuel pressure too, auto shutdown is cool, very nice setup. I don't have an EMS so I might go for the other gauge you listed. I won't need a sandwich plate correct ?. Also, what do I do with the factory wire connector that is currently on the sending unit/sensor ?, to keep the oem idiot light turned off ?.

I'll start looking for a mounting spot, I'd like to keep my radio controls if possible. Thanks bud
Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 AM

I don't have FUEL pressure but i could add it quite easily
Old 01-16-2013, 04:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I run an autometer for the last 4 years. No issue exempt the little fog when getting out the garage. Plug in a sandwich plate.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:12 AM

I don't have FUEL pressure but i could add it quite easily
Sorry I meant oil pressure .
Old 01-16-2013, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sylvain2000
I run an autometer for the last 4 years. No issue exempt the little fog when getting out the garage. Plug in a sandwich plate.
Thanks I was looking at the autometer digitals, I'm using one of their fuel pressure gauges.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:16 AM

It's funny that you posted this because i remember the discussion about the S2000 for sale with an oil pressure gauge and the speculation that it was previously boosted. Sometimes people just want to know what the oil pressure is
Old 01-16-2013, 05:43 AM

It's funny that you posted this because i remember the discussion about the S2000 for sale with an oil pressure gauge and the speculation that it was previously boosted. Sometimes people just want to know what the oil pressure is
Yeah paranoid OCD people like me who don't want to lose a second engine , I can't ever sell this car anyhow so I won't have to field questions about the extra parts at any time in the future. lol.
Sending a pm for more info.

Quick Reply: Who's Running An Oil Pressure Gauge ?