Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Why didn't they make the price 90K?

Old 02-07-2005, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys will get used to it. I hated the maturity level of RSX meets back when I owned one, and I was only 18. I'm almost 21 now, and I really enjoy hanging out with the "older" owners...

but we all still have to try our best to put up with some of the immature stuff that's going to happen. Specifically the community organizers are going to have to be able to take people aside and tell them when they're stepping over the line at meets. A lot of young people will come around and understand that a certain level of maturity is required...

For those that don't, we unfortunately have to make it known to them that unless they can behave, they can't be welcomed to meets. Last thing we all need (out there, or here in Alberta) is an accident during a meet, guys racing, cops getting involved, etc.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:52 AM

I just got into this game, I'm not "old" either but I am on Dogman's vibe with this one.

Case in point, I was at the dealership the weekend before last, looking at that GPW S2k. I took a look at it and a "kid" was checking it out with his "homie".

Long story short, he was loving the S2000, he asked me if I enjoyed it, I said yes.

Then he's trying to decide on the '03 used or leasing a new '05. And his final words were, "As long as I get it before Dark Nights in July".

Oh boy, I thought to myself.

A) WHY???
B) Having a Stock S2k at Darknights is pretty silly
C) WHY?????
D) He's going to crash it with his homie on the way.
E) WHY??????
F) He's going to get arrested or 10,000 TICKETS on his way to DarkKnights
G) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Then I left wondering if I could get an Elise
Old 02-07-2005, 11:54 AM

P.S. Koala I love your colour combo!
Old 02-07-2005, 11:55 AM

tried that.. they listen for that time being then speed off and continue their "pimping ways" you can only do so much.. you can only say so much..

overall it makes us as a car club community look bad becuase the cops don't see the "driver" inside, they just see the car and immediately make that wrongful association..

its only going to get worse.. 2005 is just the beginning of the end.. it really is.. poor outlook to hold, but its the grim reality

I've been trying to prevent a Toronto s2000 Civil War from happening, but i'm afraid i may not be able to hold the two sides together this 2005 season..

and after what happenend last season.. geesh ? I dunno.. I just really don't know..
Old 02-07-2005, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by triniexr' date='Feb 7 2005, 03:19 PM
If these young kids are getting their hands on them and drive wrecklessly, it will in return, drive up the insurance rates on the S.
A couple months back somebody posted the insurance industry collision index on the S2000 either in the S2000 Chat forum or on VWvortex. The S2000 wreck rate has been way above the industry average since 2002. It's only going to get worst, but hopefully the acturary will make the distinction between the FnF assclown age group and the 25-39 group and not penalize everyone across the board.

But ultimately it'll be down to the insurance companies to reign in the kids. Can you imagine a few years from now when kids start getting their hands on 250hp Accord and Altima V6 with worn all-season tires? Scary..
Old 02-07-2005, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by wing' date='Feb 7 2005, 04:52 PM
Case in point, I was at the dealership the weekend before last, looking at that GPW S2k. I took a look at it and a "kid" was checking it out with his "homie".

Long story short, he was loving the S2000, he asked me if I enjoyed it, I said yes.

Then he's trying to decide on the '03 used or leasing a new '05. And his final words were, "As long as I get it before Dark Nights in July".

Oh boy, I thought to myself.

A) WHY???
B) Having a Stock S2k at Darknights is pretty silly
C) WHY?????
D) He's going to crash it with his homie on the way.
E) WHY??????
F) He's going to get arrested or 10,000 TICKETS on his way to DarkKnights
G) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Then I left wondering if I could get an Elise
heh heh ..

nice one..

i get into that kinda talk every time i stop for gas ..
Old 02-07-2005, 12:50 PM

I'm shocked...second page and

Old 02-07-2005, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by DoGMaN' date='Feb 7 2005, 03:31 PM
If it hurt when I shit i'd call Mikamaya, but not on socio-economics heh

I don't think this has anything to do with old or new money, I don't think it has anything to do with a thin wallet, its got everything to do with attitude.

Lots of people like the car, some are real enthusiasts who just couldn't afford it at a 48k+ range, some just don't buy new etc...perfect bring those guys out.

The kids who can afford the car, or are given the car and just want to bling and look cool and street race... like we need that. I'd say this at any price really.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, sometimes people feel mine is too extreme but look at things, who remembers when we have a good run for more than a few weeks? Someone comes out and blows the car off the road and into a ditch at high speed and everyone remembers it forever...its how we are viewed. It taints things. Higher potential for mass doucheing is not something I look forward too.

Age also tends to be viewed as the main problem..its not we have some young guys in the group who are good drivers, strive to become better, act like adults etc. Knowing the limits of what you know and what the car can do is the way we really need to look at things sometimes. I'd say experience would be a better way to view someone with this car.

I trust the guys I know and drive with...the guys I don't know I don't trust implicitly because they own the same car.
Dogg, when I wrote

"however, at times, some on this board appear to be too elitist and deprecating to members of a socio-economic group from whom, in reality, they are likely not that far removed."

I was not making any reference to "new" or "old" money. Perhaps one or both of us have misunderstood.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. You can call on me anytime, even if you don't care for my opinion on socio-economic matters.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:22 PM

Thanks Dr Longfinger

I understood you just fine, you were wrong but I got it.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by climacus' date='Feb 7 2005, 04:58 PM
Can you imagine a few years from now when kids start getting their hands on 250hp Accord and Altima V6 with worn all-season tires? Scary..
This has some merit except that those and most other family sedans with 250hp are FWD and setup for nice, safe understeer. The S2000 is setup very neutrally with at the limit handling that requires advanced control skills if you choose to approach those limits. It has no traction control or dynamic stability assist, you screw up on this car, there is no computer to save your a$$. So yeah, there will be a problem as the used S becomes more affordable for younger people if those people don't have the maturity to research and respect the handling of the car. As so, I fear more spin outs and crashes in the future.

Quick Reply: Why didn't they make the price 90K?