Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Winter Storage

Old 09-24-2017, 05:42 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by haga888
Why in reverse?
because owner's manual.
​​​​​​​darcy
Old 09-25-2017, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wassup Jeff.
I'm in Mississauga, close to Heartland Center.
Been pretty busy since I got hitched and kids though.
LOL
gord
Old 09-26-2017, 06:05 PM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by kookiemonster
Wassup Jeff.
I'm in Mississauga, close to Heartland Center.
Been pretty busy since I got hitched and kids though.
LOL
gord
I have lots of mtf and diff fluid too if you need some. Pm me I work in westend Toronto
Old 10-01-2017, 06:44 PM

thanks. got all the fluids.
Just no time or expertise to change them.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:39 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Doesn't take real expertise and there are photo essays in the maintenance section to hold your hand (like they did mine!) thru the process. Remove fill plugs before removing drain plugs so of you can't get the fill plug out there's still lube in there.

I just moved my S2000 from cold, snowy, salty winter roads Cleveland (OH) to Richmond (VA) and hope to get a couple more months of driving from now on. But, despite knowing internet posts know more about this than the idiot Honda engineers who wrote the manual, I'll stick with the manual's procedures. Takes about 15 minute to run the car up to full operating temperature (two fan cycles). No more wear than starting the car any other day.

-- Chuck
Old 10-03-2017, 05:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Another question easily answered by reading the owner's manual. (At least this isn't another "what oil should I use?" question.) The manual lists a lot more than put on jack stands if more than a month in storage.

I like mine off the floor because my other cars bring in salt and slush.

-- Chuck
I know what the manual says, hence my referencing it. I just wanted to know what others are doing, as most go against what the manual says about having it on stands, I wondered what other actions people take. Raising the car off the floor for the whole season will strain the suspension bushings, so I don't know the rationale behind the manual recommendation. I'm also going to be putting wood underneath the car to manage condensation as my floor is bare concrete.

I think I'm also going to raise mine off the floor as my other side will bring in salt and slush too, plus will make it easier for some winter maintenance hahaha
Old 10-16-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by starchland
I have lots of mtf and diff fluid too if you need some. Pm me I work in westend Toronto
OEM or aftermarket brand?
Old 10-16-2017, 03:03 PM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Amsoil
Old 10-17-2017, 01:59 PM

In regards to condensation from concrete floors, I personally just lay a sheet of plastic through out the entire garage floor (single garage) and tape the ends with tuck tape (red one used for insulation). Everything from home depot. A roll will last for as long as you own the car.

In regards to flat spots in the tires, I just pump the tires pressure to 45 psi during storage.

Reverse gear, no ebrake

Fluids changed. For this winter I just drove 4k km (that's what a newborn does lol) the entire season so I will just be changing the oil. I changed transmission and diff last year.

Top unlatched but up.
Wash and wax job

Battery unplugged and on a trickle and maintainer charger.

Fuel tank full and fuel stabilizer in.

Some stuffing on exhaust pipes and air filter housing entrance to avoid mice nesting in case mice decide to pay me a visit.
And I think that's all I do
Old 10-18-2017, 09:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I also just pump my tires up and leave in reverse. I use dryer sheets to help keep the mice away.

Quick Reply: Winter Storage