Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Winter Sucks

Old 01-19-2015, 05:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Winter Sucks

I was doing alright the first bit of winter forgetting about my S, but now this past week has been really tough. Been on here a lot looking at stuff and buying a few parts. Been wanting to get back in the driver seat, I really 'want to go for a rip bud'. Anyways how are you guys fairing out? I know there are a few who drive in the winter which makes me jealous sometimes, other times not so much with all the salt. I put my car into storage the day I got it back from Speedstar with the overfenders/wheels done. So I am really excited for April because I missed out on last season's final few weeks. Any plans for next season? I have a few mods lined up: OEM flush mount spoiler, Stoptech front BBK, matching rotors/painted calipers/stainless steel lines for the rear, JDP rear diffuser. I can't wait. Hopefully this year I drive it more than I have it in the shop. Looking forward to coming out Wednesday nights to Don Mills if I'm home and maybe Thursday nights to Mississauga
Old 01-19-2015, 06:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm dying slowly to say the least. I have the itch to buy parts and shit I never even wanted and my bedroom is slowly filling up every week with more shit. I feel the pain
Old 01-19-2015, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once I put car cover up, maxed out tire pressure and pulled negative terminal on battery, I try to forget about it for winter hibernation. Time to time I will lift up the cover a bit just to see the paint, but then realize it is not ready yet until the roads are clean.

Winter is definitely a good time to stock up parts for the summer. I've got Intake, ETD, Modifry DCI lined up and AP2 lip / calipers to be paint matched. Other stuff including adjustable FRP and VAFC 2 to be hooked up for some mild street tune on open loop condition. I'd really hope to hit the dyno and participate on a track day this year if time allows and I'll have to see~~~
Old 01-19-2015, 07:37 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Imagine getting to drive the car 1 month in the year. That's been my life for the last year and this coming season.
Pretty sure there are guys on here who have put on more mileage in the last year than I have in the last 5.

My first year with the car, I wasn't on s2ki. Car was stock, I had no urge to buy crap. Then my buddy with a 350z convinced me I needed wheels. That's when I caught the mod bug.

Since then, spent the cars value + in parts, collecting every winter and then going nuts first week of summer getting it all installed.

This year, I'm trying my level best to calm down on the new parts and focus on getting my car in top shape.

I made a list of things to do in April.
Things to do for car:
1. Change radiator pipe.
2. Change fluid
3. Change oils
4. Change drain bolts (bought magnetic bolts last season)
5. bleed brakes
6. get corner balance
7. Fix hardtop dent
8. swap exhaust (bought a new exhaust last season)
Old 01-19-2015, 08:27 AM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

I just spend my days on here reading other peoples' build thread and try not to think about mine.

Another thing is to drive something that's equally as fun in the winter. Last winter I had an automatic TSX and I hated my life, so this year I bought an Integra GSR and it's sad to say but I almost forgot about my S2000 entirely. I've been having a blast driving this thing around that revs to 8500rpm and it genuinely makes me feel like a 9 year old.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:53 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by fernando.
I just spend my days on here reading other peoples' build thread and try not to think about mine.

Another thing is to drive something that's equally as fun in the winter. Last winter I had an automatic TSX and I hated my life, so this year I bought an Integra GSR and it's sad to say but I almost forgot about my S2000 entirely. I've been having a blast driving this thing around that revs to 8500rpm and it genuinely makes me feel like a 9 year old.
Only downfall to the integra is that it's wrong wheel drive. RWD or AWD for that winter fun
Old 01-19-2015, 09:48 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm dying. This happens every winter for me. I've been riding motorcycles for 15 years and mine again sits in my garage on stands under a cover... and to top it off this year, I now have a car that I can't drive either

I've bought a few things I want done in the spring but I'm trying to control myself and not go over board... bought a set of Shine rear overfenders and H&R 20mm DRM spacers as well. I'm planning on refinishing my wheels over the winter in a new colour and I need new tires too.

I really want a JDP diffuser but damn that thing is expensive
Old 01-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by d1000rr
I'm dying. This happens every winter for me. I've been riding motorcycles for 15 years and mine again sits in my garage on stands under a cover... and to top it off this year, I now have a car that I can't drive either

I've bought a few things I want done in the spring but I'm trying to control myself and not go over board... bought a set of Shine rear overfenders and H&R 20mm DRM spacers as well. I'm planning on refinishing my wheels over the winter in a new colour and I need new tires too.

I really want a JDP diffuser but damn that thing is expensive
You and Jordan are gonna be twins
Old 01-19-2015, 10:10 AM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Originally Posted by fernando.' timestamp='1421688455' post='23473627

Only downfall to the Integra is that it's wrong wheel drive. RWD or AWD for that winter fun
Oh I agree with you 110%! I was dead set on buying a Miata this winter for some top down drifting fun, but in reality there's only snow on the roads for 20% of the winter, otherwise the road is just dry and salted.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:23 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by fernando.
Originally Posted by myflys2k' timestamp='1421689992' post='23473657
[quote name='fernando.' timestamp='1421688455' post='23473627']

Only downfall to the Integra is that it's wrong wheel drive. RWD or AWD for that winter fun
Oh I agree with you 110%! I was dead set on buying a Miata this winter for some top down drifting fun, but in reality there's only snow on the roads for 20% of the winter, otherwise the road is just dry and salted.
[/quote]
I hear ya. Previous daily was an RSX-S..Great car with great gas mileage. There's just something about plowing down a back road in AWD making my own tracks after a heavy snow fall.

Quick Reply: Winter Sucks