S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   Winter Tires Buyers (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/winter-tires-buyers-34188/)

S2K.TO 11-05-2001 02:23 PM

Winter Tires Buyers

can I get a show of hands for buyers of winter tires this year and your choices and prices~

i'm still debating on which tire to go with and for what prices the 225/205 layout should cost~

Mindcore 11-05-2001 02:39 PM

Sorry Bud, mine's sleeping in thr garage this winter :(

DoGMaN 11-05-2001 02:59 PM

How I wish I was going to have a winter where I could slap snows on and drive it. But where I live its not even remotely an option.

I keep saying I'll park it in another week...so far I keep stretching it out.

I'll park it next week.

Vince

PLYRS 3 11-05-2001 03:08 PM

S2K.TO

get the blizzak mz-01's - nice square cross-section similar to the SO-2's - perfect for the car IMO.

i have a set if you want to see them as not too many places have them regulary in stock - i'm in richmond hill.

lemme know if you wanna take a look...

mike/vince

just out of curiousity, why do you store your cars?

(seriously, i'm just curious as i don't know anyone else within my friend/social circle that stores a car (any car) for the winter)

nimesh

S2K.TO 11-05-2001 03:14 PM

TKG: thanks for your offer, i may take you up on it some time this month~ I frequent the RH area :)

Dog: its my understanding that we live in the "same" area :) Together with myself, I have 3 other friends driving their s2k's in the winter~

Mindcore 11-05-2001 06:32 PM

There are a few reasons I store my car..
1) I can't bare to drive it thru the salt.
2) I drive 300 km a day, odds are in bad weather my car will meet an untimely end :( snow tires or not.
3) I have a brand new accord that I have to justify owning :)
4) my sensitive ass is too used to heated seats!! :D
5) When the spring comes it's like christmas!
6) it ain't as much fun with out the top down

And that's just off the top of my head

DoGMaN 11-05-2001 07:03 PM

S2K.To

I live in Creemore area, and on a dirt road....I'll find a pic of my road last year. It not like the "dusting" that happens in TO :)

And like Mike said, I'm looking forward to Christmas in spring.

Vince

simon2000 11-05-2001 07:52 PM

TKG 26 - - just out of curiousity, why do you store your cars?

Nimesh you can't be serious with that question ?

I'll let someone else answer that..as having to answer that will give me a heart attack that I can't afford to have..

-simon2000

S2K.TO 11-05-2001 10:37 PM

mindcore/dog: good reasons.... about the Christmas in Spring thing anyway.... :)

PLYRS 3 11-06-2001 05:31 AM

simon,

i'm serious...

when my dad was growing up, all cars were rear wheel drive with 6 or 8 cylinder motors - he had a chevy nova in particular that was a monster of a car - yet i don't recall any of his friends or aunts/uncles storing their cars - even people that had a few cars in the family.

my first car was given to me by my parents - it was a RWD 1980 chevy malibu with a big V8 - if i think back to it, it had lots of power and i drove it year round.

i don't know the specs of that car - but i would say it felt similar to my 5.0 mustang in terms of power/traction (i drove that year-round too).

maybe people have more money these days and can afford multiple cars per single user.

also with the technology put into snow tire construction these days, i'm sure the products are head and shoulders above what was available back then.

the reason why i don't store my cars is because i don't keep cars for more than 3-4 years anyway (i get bored and something better has usually come along by then) and i'm sure that cars nowadays can handle the physical abuse of north american winters for the first 5-6 years of their lives anyways.

the S2000 in particular with it's very low torque output is quite easy to drive in the snow and dare i say not unsafe if you change your driving habits according to the conditions.

I'M STILL CURIOUS about other people's rationale and thinking regarding this...

these are just MY thoughts and opinions

nimesh