Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Winter...what in the hell am I gonna do?

Old 11-14-2001, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter...what in the hell am I gonna do?

Ok this false sense of never ending summer I'm sure is going to come to an end abruptly when I least expect it.

Its been great all month aside from a bit of rain, and its looking very promissing this weekend as well, possibly into next week too. However I can just feel that nature is going to come in and slap me in the face.

I haven't driven the car all day, and I already have the shakes (2 double espresso's don't help). The question I have is.

What am I gonna do all winter with the darn thing parked in the garage?

I'm open to suggestions, I'm sure others in the group feel the same way.
Old 11-14-2001, 05:04 PM

I don't know about the others, but I plan on driving mine all winter long and just across the lake from you, too Life's too short to miss out on some brisk winter drives...
Old 11-14-2001, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah yes - the November temps have been a bit warm. To get through the winter I suggest some of us from the Not Really New England Region come up and visit you. The last I knew Mindcore was buying all beers!
Old 11-14-2001, 06:28 PM
Former Moderator

What was it 17c today? I had the top down all day, but ya winter is coming, no doot aboot it, what I do is sit in the car and make race car noises. Gets me by just a little.. Last winter I was really depressed, I think the S2K had a lot to do with it.
Old 11-14-2001, 06:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mindcore
[B]What was it 17c today? I had the top down all day,
Old 11-14-2001, 06:53 PM

I can definitely attest to these awful winters...

This is what I used to do when I had my 93 mr2 turbo..Get a couch and put it into your garage, or a lazyboy.. Simply sit and have drink, maybe two. and simply stare a wonderful machinery. I'm assuming you'll have gas heaters going...(electric ones use waay too much energy) It was so warm in my garage in Jan/Feb that you could literally wear short sleeve . I would simply warm water rinse and the odd time, even wax..

So grab a chair and sit and admire...

OR

work extra hard to find a job in the warm US skies like I'll be doing in 2003... I can't wait to move...and to become a southern cal or south florida owner..

simon2000
Old 11-14-2001, 07:04 PM

Sorry to hear your dilemma to the north

I simply put my blizaks on and 20 pounds of sand and keep on going. Though I have to admit it sure does take a long time to get where I am going when that white stuff is about.

I have not had any problems with the car in the snow.
Old 11-15-2001, 02:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HAH!

that's ANOTHER reason why i don't store my car - it gets you all depressed and shit!

your car may look better than mine come spring, but i won't be going to withdrawal therapy ALL WINTER.

just keep driving it.........
Old 11-15-2001, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still a virgin - the '02 S2 in Spa is due in April.
I will not drive the '02 S2 in the snow when I do get it because I just hate what salt does to them and I would like to keep the S2000 for a very long time! I have a 4x4 V6 Nissan truck so I love to drive in the snow with that. I'm with Simon and his strategy. I spend a good deal of time in the garage during the winter, visiting with my '90 CRX-Si that has always been stored from November to May. I usually use the winter months to make changes and upgrades for the following year. My car has spent half of its life at Watkins Glen so the winter is a time for serious maintenance to take place. I can even admit to laying under the car for hours looking over everything, making as sure as I can that nothing is cracked or out of place. It is a bonding ritual for me. Next winter is going to be different though. I plan to put the two of them away next to each other in the garage, cover them both with their blankies, turn off the light and close the door. I'm hoping they mate, a child from Red CRX-Si and a Yellow S2000 I would imagine to be a lot of fun!
Old 11-15-2001, 04:39 PM

You can move to California.

Quick Reply: Winter...what in the hell am I gonna do?