Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

wolfgang vs. klasse

Old 08-22-2004, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post wolfgang vs. klasse

it was on this forum that i learned about these two products, so i thought i'd report back my nerdy car detailing research: my brother ordered klasse and i ordered wolfgang. we detailed our cars together and i applied klasse on one panel of my car. here are ther results:

klasse all-in-one and wolfgang prewax gloss enhancer share the same ease in applying and removing. terrycloth applicators and microfiber buffing towels used.

klasse sealant glaze is a lot more liquidy than wolfgang deep gloss sealant. it is easier to use less klasse than wolfgang because of this - a little goes a long way.

after the application, we did side by side comparisions. the klasse product produces a brighter shine while the wolfgang is not as bright. however, the finish of wolfgang was noticeable smoother to the touch.

for me, i'm sticking with wolfgang. however, it's reported to not last as long as klasse. time will tell. i'll report back on the longevity of the two products as they wear on my car.

ps: the car was claybar-ed before any of the products were used. my previous detailing regime was claybar+3m imperial hand glaze+one grand blitz wax. i've never seen a product that was as good as that, but thought i would try these new synthetic waxes to see if they live up to the hype (zaino did not).
Old 08-22-2004, 07:56 AM

i should add that both were a lot easier to apply and remove than carnuba wax
Old 08-22-2004, 09:05 AM

I still have Zaino left.. and since I'm not that anal about detailing, I'll be using it until I run out.. Did the car yesterday.. buttah smooth.

Old 08-22-2004, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask simon. It's not about the feel.

Klasse is better
Old 08-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Banned

No Jay, Zaino is better....

Old 08-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Banned

No it's not
Old 08-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Banned

yes it is...

Only 2 coats on 5 year old paint...

Old 08-22-2004, 03:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok im convinced after today when simon used klasse on my car.......
KLASSE all the way....

Old 08-22-2004, 04:46 PM

nice post.

Personally I have tested many cars already with both systems. WolfGang has shown poor durability. Klasse has shown excellent durability.
At the moment , I have been testing different sealants and different pre sealants similar to "klasse" like dexterity. These will be available next season. All i can say is that it will blow away anything currently on the market today.

However, different strokes for different folks..

Also, both products WolfGang and Klasse are entirely different imho. why ? The types of finishes they produce.

Some customers like the super smooth slick feel, some like a really "wet looking " finish, some like a "shiny look" and some like that "dipped in salad oil" look

For those who don't know, there are all different products on the market today producing those individual results..

Furthermore, I think the key also is what product is used in the pre work up of the finish ? What type of swirl mark removers and dacp's are used is also a significant factor in Klasse's or WG's end result.

Many detailers are laying a Klasse base with WolfGang on top

NOTE: Today, I put a layer of Klasse as a base on Darren's car for durability and then added Poorboy's EX-P for even more durability.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Fob

If I'm to use wax, first consulter I'd speak to is Simon....

Quick Reply: wolfgang vs. klasse