Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

z0mg the Ont. government is at it again...

Old 06-22-2007, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is still cases, of dumb cops pulling you over for nothing....

last time I was travelling 70km/h at the 60km/h zone.. just happen to have another s2000 beside me... and the cop said I was RACING.... and they treaten me, if I don't admit I was Racing, they can tow away my car..... I didn't plead guilty and they had to let me go....

Another time, I got pulled over for "HIGH BEAM" the cop..... which was only because of the bumpy road.....

and another time, I got pulled over for having tires with threads almost gone .....they said my car is considered "DANGEROUS" ......

I mean, they do generalize the people that modify cars.... some people modify cars for the track.... but cops see all of them as "STREET RACERS" ..... imo.... crushing up the cop is way over the line.... big ass fine would do better in the case... or suspension for a couple months... much more other things can be done instead of crushing up people's properties...
Old 06-22-2007, 10:21 PM

Politeness does work sometimes... but what if, you see cops that is racist... or have a thing with younger crowds... or they just don't like you at first impressions....

What I'm saying is... "some" cops can be an ass sometimes and try to give you trouble...
Old 06-22-2007, 10:29 PM
BKL

yea its pretty bs i agree

that time i got pulled over was because i was travelling 80 on on a back country road at 3 in the morning with no cars and no intersections. So yes it was a complete waste of my time and the cop pulled me over simply because I drive a modified car.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by MikeyCB,Jun 21 2007, 05:17 PM
Damnnit, the Toronto typo police busted me again.
Error corrected. Thank you for the discrete manner in which you brought it up
at least he didn't do it like this... RACE RING
Old 06-23-2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by JsRacingS2K,Jun 23 2007, 01:21 AM
Politeness does work sometimes... but what if, you see cops that is racist... or have a thing with younger crowds... or they just don't like you at first impressions....

What I'm saying is... "some" cops can be an ass sometimes and try to give you trouble...
Sure, some cops can be asses. but chances are, something catches their attention and something sets them off.

Is it fair, maybe, maybe not, but who said life's fair?

Racist? Maybe. But then again I'm a big supporter of racial profiling.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:19 AM

Racial profiling is really just using visual cues to identify people. The phrase has a negative connotation now, but it shouldn't. If I look like a racer in my car, fine, pull me over. If I'm not doing anything wrong then I'm not gonna worry.

Security and safety are two things that I'll never argue about people being overzealous in pursuing. If I'm at the airport and you want me to strip down to my underwear for a search because you think I might be a danger to other people then I'm not gonna argue. If you think somebody on the road has the potential to be a danger to others, then at least pull them over and do a quick spot check of things.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:49 AM

Profiling guys walking down the street at 3AM with a crowbar in their hands and backpacks full of jewlery is wrong too.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:52 AM

They have rights just like anyone else, just walkin around mindin their own business...
Old 06-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned

Im with them street racing is just plain stupid.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:57 PM

I am against street racing too.... just think that the government should've done something "different" to the problems. Crushing up people's car is over the line...

couldn't a big ass fine with suspension of couple years work just as well??

if cops pull me over, because I look like a racer... fine, I won't argue.. but sometimes they pull you over and try to accuse you of stupid things such as things I mention earlier... those things is what I don't get....

also, have anyone notice.... when you get into accident, you call cops.. they show up either a long time or don't bother to come...

makes me think if they have the time to pull over problem cars that MAY cause problems, maybe they should show up for problems that had already occured more often

maybe there is things I'm not aware of...but this is the impression they gave me..... just my 2 cents..

Quick Reply: z0mg the Ont. government is at it again...