Southern Ontario For Sale Items for sale by Members in Southern Ontario
Mark this thread as Unsold

2003 Silverstone Metallic s2000, 117K kms, $20,200

Old 04-18-2018, 05:18 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts
Default 2003 Silverstone Metallic s2000, 117K kms, $20,200

Means of Contact: email (drwinch at cogeco.ca), PM.
Description: 2003 Silverstone Metallic s2000 with clean Carfax
Mileage: 117,377 kms currently- not likely to increase as the car sits in the garage and isn't going to RTD
Price: $20,200 CAN.

I always loved Honda's and at some point wanted a convertible. When I was 38, I figured it had been 12 years since buying my last car (2000 SiR- still my DD). So began the search for an s2000 following the advice I'd read and researched about in GRM- buy the cleanest, lowest mileage, s2000 you can. For a year I scoured the ads and eBay- bid on a few, missed out on a great one (CR), but around Father's Day 2011, finally found a low mileage (32K miles- 51K kms), not winter driven, accident free, 3 owner US car in Alabama. I flew down to Birmingham, inspected the car, and had it serviced at the local Honda dealership there (oil, Diff fluid, battery replacement, tires, new windshield) and promptly drove to US 129 for the first time. I have returned back for 6 years (RTD) and enjoyed this car for what it was meant for- this is a driver's car like none other I've driven. My wife and I have enjoyed touring with this s2000 putting about 7000 kms on each year.
The pure joy of driving this car can not be described- it has to be driven to be enjoyed. It steers, shifts, and drives beautifully.

The car was properly imported and has a Hamsar DRL unit to meet Canadian standards.

So why sell it? Right? I had every intention of keeping this car for a very, very long time, but...my friend was selling her 2006 Suzuka Blue- the colour both my wife and I really love. The price was right so the deal was struck. I don't have the room to store 2 s2000's in a garage, either.

This particular car has been maintained to a high standard and all records are included. All work, except alignments and tire mounting, have been done by me as there are no s2000 mechanics locally. And really, this car is easy to maintain for a responsible owner. Every single fluid has been changed over this winter in anticipation of a new owner, including coolant.
Oil- 10w30 Amsoil Signature Synthetic every 6000 kms with PCX-004 filters ONLY.
Annual Brake fluid change- Pentosin Dot4
Biannual trans Fluid change with Honda MTF
Clutch Slave cylinder fluid monthly until I changed the Clutch Slave Cylinder last summer- ATE Dot4
Annual Diff Fluid change- Amsoil severe Gear 75w110
Coolant at 10 yrs old and this past winter with Honda Type2. New coolant hoses installed this winter with OEM.
K and N filter cleaned.
OEM Spark plugs replaced at 55K kms with new valve cover gaskets.
Aggressive alignment within range of stock adjusters- I really think this helped improve the handling dramatically, but at the expense of needing to replace the tires every 3 yrs.
Brand New Continental Extreme Contact Sport tires in AP1 OEM size on the stock rims.
Annual valve adjustment and retainer checks- INTAKE .008. EXHAUST .010
Brand new OEM red floor mats.
Vibrant performance SS in cat O2 sensor extender.
Front upper A-arm mounts welded preventatively- common to AP1.
s2ki.com rear axle nut retorque immediately upon importation (OEM torque plus 45 degrees).
Clutch interlock bypass was installed year 2 of my ownership. Given that these cars are typically not driven daily, this feature allows the car to be started without pushing the clutch in, thereby significantly wear on the crank thrust bearing.
The car came with this heavy duty aluminum underside brace the previous owner installed.
New rear Hawk HPS rear pads last summer. New Front Hawk HPS pads the summer before.
This car has an aftermarket Alpine headunit/CD player, iPod integration, and under seat sub which came with the car. I have included an OEM head unit as well.
Tinted windows came on the car. There are some smudges but no tears.
Leak free diff and engine mounts.
I installed a low mileage, near mint condition OEM AP1 steering wheel (thanks jvf1!) last week since the original had an area where the leather was pulling away from the spokes near the air bag.

I check the oil level every time the car goes out- cold, level ground. It uses 500 ml of Amsoil every 7000 kms- don't be surprised as this is common on AP1's. Oil level is critical with the s2000, and AP1's in particular.

Rear view underside

BILLMAN gen3 TCT installed

Billman TCT gen3

This car has an aftermarket Alpine headunit and under seat sub which came with the car. I have included an OEM head unit.

I continued to maintain the top with 303 and repair interior top wear. There are no holes or breaks in the top. That white stuff is a little snow that fell on it tonight while taking photos.
All VIN tags are there, except on the front bumper. I picked up a near mint used AP1 front bumper from Nick and had it repainted NH-630M then I installed 3M PPF. Why replace the bumper? I hit a piece of retread which cracked the original bumper (which I still have) and OEM lower lip (which succumbed to the retread as well)
I also installed 3M PPF in strategic areas and can remove it if the new owner likes. Being as this is a driver, I like this product.

To reiterate, this is a driver quality car maintained to a high standard. It is not in mint condition- it is after all, 15 years old- but this is not a daily driven car. The seats are in excellent condition with minimal wear. There is virtually no bolster sag on the driver's side. The seats are conditioned monthly with Griot's Garage UV leather protector. The rear plastics on the seat show as new. I detail the interior at least monthly. There are some small paint chips in the paint but no rust- OEM paint on s2000's is quite thin and part of the reason for the PPF. The underside shows well- I spray down underside bolts and the nooks and crannies with Rust Check regularly, even though this is NOT a winter driven car. It stays in the locked garage all year long and comes out for RTD, WTD, tours and slalom.

I will include a front bumper plate mount, tonneau cover (which I used all the time), OEM service manual (which I used all the time) and OEM car cover. It only has one remote, but 2 keys are included. The car sits with a full tank of PetroCan premium.

As I said, I really love this car. It has been a dream to own, drive, and maintain. I can send along a more extensive photo package if a prospective buyer likes. I'm happy to discuss the car. I encourage you to see the car. Have the confidence to drive this car to Tennessee and back for RTD 2018!

So, let the pictures continue...

Last edited by darcyw; 04-18-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:29 PM

centre console

Diff Fluid magnet after 7000 kms

F20C

Front under tray

rear suspension

DS front suspension- welded upper A arm mounts as preventative

s2ki rear axle nut retorque both sides

Underside

Underside

rear suspension

rear suspension

Top repairs

Interior top repair
Old 04-18-2018, 06:05 PM

Passenger seat

Passenger foot well

driver's seat

Driver's seat

Rear view

Front bumper and hood

Driver's side tail light

Passenger side tail light

Last edited by darcyw; 04-18-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:05 PM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts

this is an awesome S2000, should sell fast, great price and great condition, good mileage, very clean well maintained car. Great car for someone that wants a super clean example.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:28 PM

Thanks, Joey! Here's more photos...

Driver's side

Front bumper underside

Driver's side rear

Passenger side rear

Front bumper underside

Mileage and dash
Old 04-19-2018, 04:27 AM

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts

Shes a beaut! GLWS!
Old 04-19-2018, 12:55 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Free bump for an awesome guy and meticulously maintained s2000!

see you at the dragon!
Old 04-19-2018, 01:28 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Free bump for an awesome guy and meticulously maintained s2000!

see you at the dragon!
+1. GLWS Darcy!
Old 04-20-2018, 10:28 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

This thing is pristine. Great price for the miles and condition.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:56 PM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts

You should find the right buyer without an issue , this car is really well maintained, I've seen it up close many times. Plus every car that I've lent my opinion on has sold , so you've got that backing you up Darcy lol.

Quick Reply: 2003 Silverstone Metallic s2000, 117K kms, $20,200