Sponsor S2000 Accessory and S2000 Style Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Accessories and S2000 Styling products

SUPERVISION HID KITS (3K,4300, 6K & 8K)

Old 03-17-2010, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUPERVISION HID KITS (3K,4300, 6K & 8K)

These kits use Panasonic capacitors, TDK conductors and Siemen USA IR chips and are insulated with GE silicone. The main board is designed from a clean slate with every circuit laid out in CAD. I've been testing these kits for a little over a year now and now I'm releasing them publicly

What makes these kits better then the competition?
Unlike many kits that are sold for much cheaper, these kits use current generation HID components that AREN'T cheap-o made-in-China knock-off. And yes, I'll be the first to admit that the ballast assemblies are made in China, however, due to the components used, the quality of the kits are on equal to those made in Taiwan or Japan. Also we use round capacitors in our kits which tend to be more reliable as well as minimize the chance of grounding out to the ballast chassis; an issue that we do see in many other kits.

What wattage are your kits?
We use 35 watt kits as the difference between 35 and 55 watt kits in terms of luminance output has been negligible in our opinion. Also, the 35 watt kits also run cooler, giving increased lifespan and value. However, if a 55 watt kit is wanted, we can do a special order for you.

What colors are available?
We offer 3000K, 4300K, 6000K and 8000K due to a function standpoint. The amount and intensity of light being put on the road will be the most functional at these color ranges. 10000K and 12000K, in our honest opinion, you're better off sticking with halogen in terms of light output.

I see a standard size ballast. Do you offer a slim ballast?
At the current time, we do not offer a slim ballast in our current line-up. The reasons behind this are: slim ballast offers less vibration resistance for the main board (lower lifespan), slim ballasts does not dissipate heat as well as standard size ballasts (lower lifespan), the likelihood of chassis grounding is higher, statically higher failure rate, and increased cost (less value). If you do want a slim ballast, we can do a special order for you.

What is the defect rate on your kits?
We have a less then 1% defect rate on our standard 35w kits. 55w standard and 35w slim kits are seen with around a 1% defect rate with 55w slim units seeing upwards to 3%.

What advantages do I have with your HID kits over staying with Halogen?
1: Increased night time visibility
2: Longer lifespan
3: Increased value of product purchased
4: Increased night time safety (this kinda ties into #1)
5: Less drain and wear on your vehicle's electrical and charging system
6: More eco-friendly due to longer run time and the decreased wear on electrical system (more "green")

What warranty is offered?
We offer a 1 year manufacture defect replacement warranty on all of our kits. This warranty covers issues with defects and workmanship only. All of our kits are serialized to provide you with better and faster turn-around time on your warranty challenges. Just call us to receive an RMA and the serial number from your kit, when we get it, we ship out a brand new kit to you.

What do you do with the defective kits?
We send them back to our factory to be torn down and locate the location of the failure so we can continue to provide a better product. Afterwords, the kits are discarded and recycled, never rebuilt and resold.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:44 AM

bump!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:21 PM

bump!
Old 03-21-2010, 04:55 PM

Increase visibility at night! Makes it easier to drive on roads without lights. If anyone drives from state to state or long roads without lights, you will benefit from a set of these HID's.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im guessing you're aren't getting any interest because if S2000 owners wanted to upgrade they would get a 55watt kit.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:56 PM

the 55watt kit will not last as long as the 35watt kit. As far as sales, i've gotten some interest privately. However, to each his own.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:59 AM

Here's 6000k's on my 02 yukon xl.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 AM

kits starting at $110 shipped for most cars!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:39 AM

i don't see a wiring harness with relay in your kit.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:51 AM

it comes with everything needed for it to work

Quick Reply: SUPERVISION HID KITS (3K,4300, 6K & 8K)