Sponsor S2000 Engine and S2000 Drivetrain Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 engine and S2000 drivetrain products

▀▄ Berk Technology 3" Single Exhaust GB!

Old 11-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ▀▄ Berk Technology 3" Single Exhaust GB!

BERK TECHNOLOGY 3" SINGLE EXHAUST. Dyno proven by TWO third parties to make well OVER 10hp to the wheels.

Non-catted exhausts are IN STOCK NOW!
High Flow Catted exhaust will ship in 3-5 days after ordering.

ORDER ONLINE HERE:
http://www.berktechnology.com/shop/product.asp?P_ID=514

THE INTRO
We've been developing this exhaust for some time now and I think it's about time to spill the beans. There are a TON of exhausts on the market today but this one has many design features that has not been seen in one complete package. We're proud to introduce the Berk Technology 3" Single exit exhaust for the performance minded enthusiast. Don't be scared by the size baby, let me explain.....

THE MYTH
You still hear people talk about the need for backpressure in exhaust threads and to this day many people spread wrong information on the subject. The internet myth that "some back pressure is good" still persists. Let me just kill it now, back pressure is never good and any motor will perform best with zero back pressure. The myth confuses back pressure with velocity (exhaust gas speed) and in our case we are lucky that Honda makes one of the best flowing cylinder heads in the world, bar none. When you mate an exhaust system up with lots of flow capacity without any kinks, flanges, or resonators to deal with you end up with the best of both worlds. The lowest backpressure possible while maintaining exhaust gas velocity for low to midrange RPM performance. This all translates to power production from down low all they way up to redline.

THE TRUTH
Enter the Berk Technology 3" Single for the S2000. We designed this to be as light as possible, with a slightly understated look, and most importantly to make POWER everywhere. We utilized a header back design to minimize the extra weight and complexity from extra flanged connections. The efficient layout also allowed us to make the exhaust as straight as possible to keep velocity up for better all around performance in any RPM range. We use a V-band connection and a single bomb proof Clampco clamp that has never failed us in our 6 years of turbo system development and manufacturing. The design of this system keeps weight to a minimum, shaving off almost 1/2 of the weight of the stock system.

Our muffler is a true straight through 3" muffler with a proper perforated core that does will not slow down the flow of exhaust gas while still offering an excellent amount of sound attenuation without too much harness. This definately isn't what I would call a quiet exhaust but it is quieter than some of the already available 70mm exhausts on the market.

THE SMOG NAZIS?
Need to stay SMOG legal? We have full custom fabrication in house and can add a high flow cat to your exhaust. It doesn't have to be as fancy as the quick release V-band HFC/TP option I have shown at the bottom of the post but it gives you an idea of what you can do.

THE SPECS
•3" Single exit exhaust (76.2mm)
•4" Straight cut tip
•Header back, meaning the "test pipe" or "High Flow Cat/HFC" is an integral part of the exhaust
•Built in CEL fix is included with the non-catted or high flow catted option
•Single V-Band connection that uses zero gaskets and is quick release with only one nut to remove.
•Extra support hanger is included. Prevents "wobbling" of the exhaust.
•OPTIONAL: High flow cat option with or without quick release V-band connections.
INQUIRE FOR THE QUICK RELEASE V-BAND SETUP THAT IS SHOWN IN THE PICS BELOW. THE HFC OPTION WE OFFER ON THE WEBSITE IS A NON-REMOVABLE SETUP!

Reserved for DYNO:
X

Reserved for VIDEO:
X

Some early prototype work at the old shop. That place was cramped!

Custom work that is available for the Berk Technology 3" Single. Catted option with V-band flanges. Makes for an easy 10 minute HFC or test pipe change with only 2 nuts to loosen.
INQUIRE FOR THIS V-BAND SETUP. THE HFC OPTION WE OFFER ON THE WEBSITE IS A NON-REMOVABLE SETUP!

Old 11-08-2010, 03:18 PM

Received 680 Likes on 387 Posts

rdered:

My exhaust basically just fell off. so this discount came at just the right time

btw: used first 150 discount
Old 11-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Gilly, sent you an email! Thanks!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:58 PM

Heh waiting for sound clip
Old 11-08-2010, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bryan@BerkTechnology.com,Nov 8 2010, 09:47 PM
Gilly, sent you an email! Thanks!
thanks for the response! was expecting one tomorrow I know you're a few hours behind me but it was still past business hours
Old 11-08-2010, 07:10 PM

Sent you an email for dealer app.. Thanks!!!

Mike
Old 11-08-2010, 08:31 PM

any sound clips?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Imma wait untill sound clip and pic of tip.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:37 AM

I was going to wait until sound clip... but i figured it can't be TOO much worse than my 2.5" uncatted Megan.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:42 AM

to a great vendor. A little over $500 shipped for a 3" single with a test pipe? Great job guys! If I didn't already have a custom exhaust I would have jumped on this in an instant.

Quick Reply: ▀▄ Berk Technology 3" Single Exhaust GB!