S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Sponsor S2000 Engine and S2000 Drivetrain Deals (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/sponsor-s2000-engine-s2000-drivetrain-deals-186/)
-   -   Berk Technology 50mm Exhaust Manifold Group Buy #2 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/sponsor-s2000-engine-s2000-drivetrain-deals-186/berk-technology-50mm-exhaust-manifold-group-buy-2-a-537328/)

Bryan@BerkTechnology.com 10-24-2007 02:20 AM

Berk Technology 50mm Exhaust Manifold Group Buy #2

THIS IS THE OFFCIAL GROUP BUY #2 FOR OUR S2000 HEADER.

GB SOLD OUT.... Thank you!

Specs & features:

HPC Ceramic Coating Inside & Out (or polished stainless)
True 50mm primary header
True 63.5mm exit
True SUS304 stainless steel, flanges, & tubing
True 1.6mm thick wall tubing
Silicon bronze welding rod at the flanges for ultimate fatigue resistance
Secondary wide band port for EMS tuning (plug included)
~11.5lbs (stock is ~23lbs)

This coating is good to 1600F and will not discolor, flake, or scale like the silver coatings do. GREATLY reduces skin temp of the header itself and reduces underhood temps. Great for you guys in hot & humid climates.

Our header will mate perfectly with our 2.5" test pipe, or our new 2.5" high flow metallic cat.

On the AP1 test car we were able to pickup a max of 6HP & 6TQ to the wheels with the addition of our header and our test pipe. (see details below)

On the AP2 test car we were able to pickup a max of 5HP & 5TQ to the wheels with the header only. (see details below)

I have several other 3rd parties on S2KI reporting midrange gains of 10 wheel HP with the addition of our header alone.

Our header stands true to our mantra of dyno proven & track tested products without the "JDM" price tag. You will see REAL gains with our header, not just a lighter wallet.

http://berktechnology.com/forums/bt1615-hpc.jpg

Dyno #1
AP1 (2003)
38K Miles
http://berktechnology.com/forums/ap1header.jpg
Baseline Conditions:
Spoon Replica Air Duct
K&N Drop in replacement filter

Test Conditions:
Berk Technology Prototype 50mm header
Berk Technology V2 Test pipe

Some notes about the runs. The stock ECU is very good at adapting to changes in engine VE. When you start out with a change, you'll see the changes in the motor with a richer A/F. With the richer A/F the car will actually loose power. What we had to do was load the car on the dyno and make several passes. As you make more passes, the A/F curve will lean out and bring you back to the same A/F curve that you began with. Once you have the same A/F, this is where you stand as far as power goes.

Excellent gains in torque throughout. Torque gains consistent both on & off VTEC engagement.
Good HP gain down low, even better with VTEC engagement.

Dyno #2:
AP2 (2004)
25K Miles
http://berktechnology.com/forums/ap2header.jpg

Baseline conditions:
J's Racing Tsuchinoko Intake
T1R 70mm Exhaust

Test Conditions:
J's Intake System
T1R 70mm Exhaust
Berk Technology Prototype 50mm header

Picks up lots of torque (for a S2000), excellent increase in area under the curve.

ORDER HERE!

Shipping will be calculated based on your zip. The website will give you your shipping rate before checkout.

Thanks for the support guys!

Bryan

Phone: 949-716-0544
Email Contact: bryan@berktechnology.com
Web: www.berktechnology.com

VTEC_WAR_CRY 10-24-2007 03:20 PM

Just ordered one! Should see some decent gains with this and my J's 60rs.

tooshay 10-24-2007 10:46 PM

you have a combo deal for the headers and the high flow cat? also, you're only a few miles away from where i live, is there an option for pick up or installation? thanks.

Bryan@BerkTechnology.com 10-26-2007 01:22 AM

[QUOTE=tooshay,Oct 24 2007, 10:46 PM] you have a combo deal for the headers and the high flow cat?

eugenechoo 11-01-2007 05:27 PM

Just to let you guys know it does not fit properly on a RHD car as it knocks the steering rack. I managed to force it in but now my steering wheel vibrates when the engine rocks on hard shifts

VTEC_WAR_CRY 11-01-2007 10:15 PM

Just placed an order for the high flow cat....Received the header yesterday and I must say it is a really nice looking piece. Definitely lighter than the stock header for sure. As soon as I get the cat I am gonna run up 200 miles so I can get it dynoed...Will let you guys know the results! :thumbup: ..... Hey Bryan where is the exhaust to go with the header and cat? :vtec:

Bryan@BerkTechnology.com 11-05-2007 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by VTEC_WAR_CRY,Nov 1 2007, 10:15 PM
Just placed an order for the high flow cat....Received the header yesterday and I must say it is a really nice looking piece. Definitely lighter than the stock header for sure. As soon as I get the cat I am gonna run up 200 miles so I can get it dynoed...Will let you guys know the results! :thumbup: ..... Hey Bryan where is the exhaust to go with the header and cat? :vtec:

The exhaust prototype is done. We'll be running the exhaust on our S2000 at the Super Street/Primedia Super Lap Battle Finals on 11/7.

I'll have some pictures & vids up of the car shortly.

A little info on the exhaust. We've dubbed it the Berk UHV exhaust, I'll tell you what it means tomorrow. :)

100% Titanium mufflers, not just the tips!
Each can weighs 3.5 lbs!
Dual muffler
HUGE weight savings. Forgot to put it on the scale, but it's roughly 1/2 the weight of the OEM system.

agent 11-06-2007 02:24 AM

Ultra High Volume? :)

A friend of mine said that ceramic coating falls of easily in our winter (lots of slush and snow and salt on the roads). is it true? have you had any feedback concernig this problem?

Jenady 11-06-2007 09:53 AM

I just ordered the header and high flow cat. This is the first major mod to my '06. I guess I can kiss the warranty goodbye.

Now I am waiting to see the exhaust.

VTEC_WAR_CRY 11-09-2007 01:15 AM

Why would you be "kissing the wrranty goodbye". What kind of problems would a bolt-on header and cat cause? Maybe I am missing something here...lol