Sponsor S2000 Engine and S2000 Drivetrain Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 engine and S2000 drivetrain products

Competition Clutch - Performance Clutch & Flywheel

Old 01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Competition Clutch - Performance Clutch & Flywheel

hi guys --

After some time experimenting with various clutch options, we're excited to add the complete line of Competition Clutch products for the Honda S2000 to our lineup.

Competition Clutch manufactures drop in clutch kits with specific "stages" geared toward the user's specific application of the clutch. Unlike other manufactures, they do not offer a one clutch for everyone.

Our two most popular clutches are the stage 2 and stage 4 clutch.

The stage 2 clutch is the most popular using a full face organic / Carbon Kevlar friction liner. Engagement is very smooth and easy to manage on the street or track. This clutch has a torque capacity of approximately 80% over stock - I'd recommend this clutch to be used in cars producing up to 380 wheel horsepower.

The stage 4 clutch is the logical choice for the user producing more than 400 wheel horsepower. The clutch is a little more aggressive than the stage 2 as far as engagement quality, but still manageable.

There are other options available, however, these are our the most popular. For a complete overview, please see this page:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/dri...tch/clutch_kit/

In addition to clutch packages, we offer Competition Clutch's forged one piece lightweight flywheels. The flywheels are one piece forgings machined to the specifics of the S2000. The one piece design offers the best strength and are offered in weights of 11.5 and 8.5 lbs. The flywheels are extremely well made exceeding anything we have used from Japan. In addition, the flywheels are extremely well priced for one piece forged flywheels (compare the Toda forged flywheel to the Competition Clutch Ultra Lightweight and you'll see what I am saying). For a complete description, please see this page:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/dri...orged_flywheel/

We recently replaced the clutch assembly in our Time Attack S2000 which produces around 420 crank horsepower. We elected to install the Stage 4 clutch with Ultra Lightweight flywheel. I was incredible impressed. The clutch was easy to drive having a pedal effort that is "sportier" than stock, but not overbearing like others I have driven. I would say the effort is less than 10-15% over stock. The complete rotating assembly was reduced considerably with the flywheel making toe heel downshifts and rev matches lightning fast. This clutch and flywheel gets a big thumbs up from ScienceofSpeed.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Old 01-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Former Sponsor

As an introduction special, we're offering free shipping on all Competition Clutches for the month of January (this ends on 1/31/08). Also, we're offering a $50.00 discount if both a clutch and flywheel are purchased together. To receive this discount, just enter "50-clutchandfly" online when you check out, or give us a call to place your order. This also ends 1/31/08.

best regards,
-- Chris
Old 01-12-2008, 01:21 PM
DM1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a new clutch and I wanted to know what you could recommend? My S is my daily driver and I can drive rather aggressive at times. I need something durable and can handle a bit of abuse at times. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 01-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DM1,Jan 12 2008, 03:21 PM
I need a new clutch and I wanted to know what you could recommend? My S is my daily driver and I can drive rather aggressive at times. I need something durable and can handle a bit of abuse at times. Any suggestions? Thanks
I would recommend the stage 2. We've been using these on cars in the 360-370 wheel horsepower range with great success. The feel of the clutch is excellent and it will certainly be more durable than a factory setup.

best regards,
-- Chris
Old 01-16-2008, 12:21 AM
DM1

Could you pm me the price shipped to 92509 of that setup and what's included with it? Is the throw out bearing included?

Thanks,
Danny
Old 01-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DM1,Jan 16 2008, 02:21 AM
Could you pm me the price shipped to 92509 of that setup and what's included with it? Is the throw out bearing included?

Thanks,
Danny
hi Danny --

Yes, both pilot and throw out bearings are included.

You can determine shipping by clicking the "local shipping" bottom next to the price which will calculated based on your ZIP and state.

However, please note that these are shipped for FREE until the end of this month (a $30-40 savings). You can see the price on our website.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

-- Chris
Old 01-28-2008, 10:31 AM

How much clutch "buzzing" do you notice with the Ultra Light Flywheel/Clutch setup? I plan on getting a supercharger and dont know which flywheel setup to go with..Ultra Light or Light.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LilRedMachine,Jan 28 2008, 12:31 PM
How much clutch "buzzing" do you notice with the Ultra Light Flywheel/Clutch setup? I plan on getting a supercharger and dont know which flywheel setup to go with..Ultra Light or Light.
Not sure what you mean by buzzing. The flywheel does not make any sound when the clutch is engaged or disengaged. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

-- Chris
Old 01-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Former Sponsor

hi guys --

Please note that this Thursday is the last day for the free shipping offer as well as the $50.00 flywheel discount offer mentioned above.

thanks,
-- Chris
Old 01-29-2008, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Chris@SoS,Jan 28 2008, 06:20 PM
Not sure what you mean by buzzing. The flywheel does not make any sound when the clutch is engaged or disengaged. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

-- Chris
I see some members mention some "buzzing" while decelerating. It probably wont matter anyway because with all the other sounds going on (exhaust, intake, wind) it shouldnt be that bad.

Quick Reply: Competition Clutch - Performance Clutch & Flywheel