S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Sponsor S2000 Engine and S2000 Drivetrain Deals (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/sponsor-s2000-engine-s2000-drivetrain-deals-186/)
-   -   URGE Unicorn headers (Best tested S2000 header) (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/sponsor-s2000-engine-s2000-drivetrain-deals-186/urge-unicorn-headers-best-tested-s2000-header-1191352/)

Urge 01-23-2019 06:52 PM

URGE Unicorn headers (Best tested S2000 header)

The URGE Unicorn header went through 3+ years of design and test and 3 different iterations before we cracked the code on S2000 headers.
Its not 4-1, nor is it sequential cylinder pairing, its the tried and true 4-2-1 that Honda designed with a few specific tweaks.
Most other headers seem to gain some here and lose there, we make power everywhere.
Also, all of our dynos are provide by customers, not controlled by us.
Each dyno is tuned before and after so results are not skewed by tuning the aftermarket header only.

Please spend a few minutes reading our header story with four customer provided dynos.

Design Details
  • Heavily tested primary and secondary diameter and lengths.
  • Laser cut flanges
  • High velocity collectors
  • Manufactured locally in the USA
  • Optimized primary, secondary and final collector diameters
3 Manufacturing Options
  1. Standard; 304 Stainless Steel for stock bottom S2000s ~13 lbs $1650
  2. Stroker; 304 Stainless Steel for 2.4L + built motors ~13 lbs, larger diameter primary and secondaries $1650, with 3" connector option $1850
  3. Superlight; 321 Stainless Steel thin wall, ~8 lbs, $2950
email us @ urgedesigns(at)gmail.com with questions
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...7495c3fe38.jpg

Boostmaniac 04-29-2019 06:04 PM

Best tested S20000 header?

gotembro 09-17-2019 08:51 PM

Would love to see some dyno charts of your header vs others besides the berk ect Toda, Hel, Blade header would love to see them vs yours

Urge 09-18-2019 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Quad-Damage (Post 24644885)
Would love to see some dyno charts of your header vs others besides the berk ect Toda, Hel, Blade header would love to see them vs yours

Agreed, we would love to see them as well, but we would need some volunteers to that have these headers.
There simply is not enough volume in this business to buy these headers on our own and perform these tests separately.

Again, all the dynos on our product page are tuned vs tuned and provided by customers or 3rd parties so they are unbiased and convey real gains vs simply changing the AFR of a stock ECR.
I have not seen similar controlled tuned vs tuned, same AFR, customer provided dynos of others aftermarket headers? I think that is the best way to compare unit we have some 3rd party dynos you are requesting.

Coil222 12-16-2019 09:02 PM

how do these do on the 2.4L?

Urge 12-18-2019 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Coil222 (Post 24672298)
how do these do on the 2.4L?

We have an XL/Stroker version to handle the higher flow.
We also have larger collector and outlet options as headers usually choke the top end of stroker kit, you can see the torque curve drop quickly after 6K on most stroker dynos.

ECaz34 03-05-2020 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Urge (Post 24672685)
We have an XL/Stroker version to handle the higher flow.
We also have larger collector and outlet options as headers usually choke the top end of stroker kit, you can see the torque curve drop quickly after 6K on most stroker dynos.

would you recommend the xl header for supercharged applications?

Urge 03-09-2020 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by ECaz34 (Post 24698591)
would you recommend the xl header for supercharged applications?

Somehow we missed this note. We would recommend stock header for SC so we have some back pressue during cam overlap in VTEC. We don't want all that positive manifold pressure moving through the piston at high RPM.

hd17f 06-03-2020 04:25 PM

I have a question, how does this header compare to a Myers header both similar in price. This being wether n/a or supercharged. Would love to see skunk 2 vs urge vs Myers header. Need to k is is spending 450 on a header or 1349 or 1700 on a header.

Urge 06-09-2020 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by hd17f (Post 24736307)
I have a question, how does this header compare to a Myers header both similar in price. This being wether n/a or supercharged. Would love to see skunk 2 vs urge vs Myers header. Need to k is is spending 450 on a header or 1349 or 1700 on a header.

My apologies for the delay, I didn't get a notification on this question.

As far as comparisons to other headers, I dont feel anyone has spent the time an effort designing an S2000 header that we have.
We actually started with a 4 into 1 design and it didnt made some power in some areas and lost power in other areas vs OEM, so we scrapped it.
Then we moved to a "Software Designed" 4 into 2 into 1 where we gave a bunch of measurements to a modeling program and designed a header with the same results, inconsistent gains/losses through out the RPM band and scrapped it too.
Spending some time with my mentor, we did a thorough analysis of the OEM header and figured out the Honda S2000 secret, it is a really well designed header.
We made some old school adjustments and we have consistently tested 5-10+ HP vs an OEM header everywhere.

To date, I haven't really seen any header on the market with more than 1 dyno outside a manufacture controlled dyno that made power everywhere.
We have 4 customer provided dynos on our site and they all tuned vs tuned, meaning the gains of our header are truly the header.
They are are not dynos that are simply leaning out of the overly reach OEM tune that is hiding the negative resonances that many headers have.

We do have a controlled and compared dynos of Skunk vs another manufacture that promoted sequential pairing vs our 4 into 1 vs OEM.
This was done by a third party, tuned vs tuned and the other aftermarket headers did not fair well, this dyno is on our site in our R&D section.

I understand our header is $1350, but there is a lot of R&D behind it, using high quality 304SS, laser cut flanges and master welders in the US.
$450 dont have the same quality materials, welding experience or fitment. You can find many complaints and issues on this forum with low cost headers.
Not to mention, no consistent power gains, so your $450 is simply going towards weight savings.

I hope I answered your questions.