Sponsor S2000 Suspension, Brake and Handling Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 suspension and S2000 handling products

★ GEN 6 TH SPEC Fortune Auto Coilovers! BEST PRICING GUARANTEED! ★

Old 06-28-2018, 10:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default ★ GEN 6 TH SPEC Fortune Auto Coilovers! BEST PRICING GUARANTEED! ★

You wanna go fast Ricky Bobby? Well let me tell you about these here coilovers.

Fortune Auto and TH Motorsports have combined their powers to make Will (math nerd) crunch numbers and build suspensions.

I've been building mountain bike and dirt bike shocks for over 14 years. I've been playing racecar driver for 10. I MIGHT know a thing or two about how to valve a shock.

So holler, let's have a conversation. Tell me I'm pretty.

So of course, the goal with our platform is to build a shock that can do what the s2000 does best, handle. This is a tall order, stock dampers on s2000s are actually quite good. In fact, many entry level coilovers actually DETRACT from the handling and ride quality.

Many looking into streetable coilovers look towards the Bilstein PSS series. This is a great street coilover, but has its shortcomings. 1. They're on national backorder, nobody has them. 2. They're very soft. Spring rates are barely stiffer than stock CR and they're massively overvalved on the rebound side of things with poor low piston velocity control (doesn't really do much till 3in/sec or more). So this results in a shock that rides REALLY well on the street, but leaves some to be desired on track.

Now a motorsports grade damper uses something that's called a digressive piston or digressive valving. This means that it applies a high amount of damping force at low piston velocities to control body motions, but blows it off at higher velocities to stay settled and composed over large bumps, irregularities, curbing, etc. The tradeoff is that extremely digressive plots with a high nose tend to give up some small bump compliance.

The Fortune 500s are truly a dual use coilover in that they're a linear/digressive hybrid. This takes cues from both sides of the fence to build a damper that rides both well on the street and also handle competently at the track. For a sub-$1300 coilover, they can't be touched in terms of performance. I've done the math, crunched the numbers, and campaigned this platform extensively and taken the findings into consideration to help you build the best possible damper for your setup, driving style, and needs.

These are built right here in the good ol U S A. These can be inexpensively serviced and upgraded at Fortune in Virginia. They're coilovers that can truly grow with you, your setup, and your driving. Let's say your car is a daily now, great. Let's spring it a bit softer, valve it more for street use. Now let's say you hit a giant pothole and blow one. No big deal, send it back to Fortune, $50 later, you're on the road again. Now, a couple years go by, you start tracking it. Ok, awesome, let's bump up the spring rates and rebuild and revalve in one move, get you set up for that. Now a couple more years pass, and you're hardcore now, you're basically Senna. Awesome. Let's send these off for the double digressive piston (think Penske) and add an external canister for more fluid volume, and additional high and low speed adjustment. And the cost to do so? Just the difference in cost in the first place, and you get a free rebuild out of it, so it's like having gotten to use it up till now for free.

So give me a call, let's talk. Let's nerd out. Let's talk about valving, digressive knees, preload, bump, droop, suspension frequency, critical damping.

Last edited by THMotorsports; 06-28-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Call now for 4th of July specials!
Old 08-31-2018, 08:27 AM
Former Sponsor

You want to go fast in a straight line? We can make that happen. You want to run tons of aero? We can set it up around that. You just want a nice comfy ride on the street? We can do that too. Give me a call!
Old 11-23-2018, 07:48 AM
Former Sponsor

1050 shipped for Black Friday only!