Sponsor S2000 Suspension, Brake and Handling Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 suspension and S2000 handling products

Eibach Multi-Pro R2 Evasive-Spec Exclusive

Old 12-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

bump
Old 12-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Former Sponsor

We are having a Christmas sale on all items on our website. Please enter coupon code RUDOLF to get 5% off all items
Old 12-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Old 04-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Getting more EVS spec R2 in soon
Old 04-27-2012, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EvasiveMotorsports
Ok Great - - looks like an interesting product, but the original post has more information about how to pay for the product than vital, technical information. We still seem to have questions. And the link to MaxRev's testing is appreciated but recently it was revealed that MaxRev is using 'Roll-Center-Adjusters' to make his suspension wizardry work and his car looks lower than some other racetrack chassis. It was also written in a recent post, just after MaxRev's March-2012 posting there that the overall effect seems to almost lower an S2000 by an inch.
So is that to always be expected? Are we choosing to lower our car that much by buying in to this suspension? I am unaware of how RCA's work and what would happen if someone omitted these additional cost suspension parts. This is the kind of hardware that could be detailed in all the set-up info of your original posting. Is there some negative consequence if I am ignorant to the ride-height alteration or RCA purposes? It all looked like a simple bolt in set of coil-overs until I read and read through the technical path which made MaxRev a potential record setting racer at Thunder Hill. Not that we all have that goal, but we need to know these things about set-up and what additional parts and set-up needs.
Please can you add to your "features list" with resulting chassis lowering or an expected range within which we are not going to bottom out and we are not needing [hopefully] to modify our suspension further to compensate? Thank you, -jeff
Old 05-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jdeacon
Ok Great - - looks like an interesting product, but the original post has more information about how to pay for the product than vital, technical information. We still seem to have questions. And the link to MaxRev's testing is appreciated but recently it was revealed that MaxRev is using 'Roll-Center-Adjusters' to make his suspension wizardry work and his car looks lower than some other racetrack chassis. It was also written in a recent post, just after MaxRev's March-2012 posting there that the overall effect seems to almost lower an S2000 by an inch.
So is that to always be expected? Are we choosing to lower our car that much by buying in to this suspension? I am unaware of how RCA's work and what would happen if someone omitted these additional cost suspension parts. This is the kind of hardware that could be detailed in all the set-up info of your original posting. Is there some negative consequence if I am ignorant to the ride-height alteration or RCA purposes? It all looked like a simple bolt in set of coil-overs until I read and read through the technical path which made MaxRev a potential record setting racer at Thunder Hill. Not that we all have that goal, but we need to know these things about set-up and what additional parts and set-up needs.
Please can you add to your "features list" with resulting chassis lowering or an expected range within which we are not going to bottom out and we are not needing [hopefully] to modify our suspension further to compensate? Thank you, -jeff
The Evasive-spec Eibach R2 do not require RCA's to work properly. If you chose to run your car with zero fender gap, we would recommend running RCA's, whether they're R2's or SRC's. Dustin's (don't know his s2ki alias) car is actually about as low as my car with RCA's - maybe a rotation higher - and he does not have bottoming out issues as far as I'm aware. Eibach came down to take measurements and found the shock has enough compression travel. With the springs removed from the shock and compressed, the wheel would hit the body and suspension joints would bottom out before the shock. With a spring in place, these issues should not arise. It may visually bring up concerns of insufficient compression travel but after seeing that there is enough room, we can assure it's not an issue.

Keep in mind pulled OE or aftermarket fenders can make the fender gap look bigger than they really are when compared to stock fenders so we would advise against using fender gaps as a comparison for ride height.

Daryl
Old 05-13-2012, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by EvasiveMotorsports
Originally Posted by jdeacon' timestamp='1335588522' post='21650461
The Evasive-spec Eibach R2 do not require RCA's to work properly. If you chose to run your car with zero fender gap, we would recommend running RCA's, whether they're R2's or SRC's. Dustin's (don't know his s2ki alias) car is actually about as low as my car with RCA's - maybe a rotation higher - and he does not have bottoming out issues as far as I'm aware. Eibach came down to take measurements and found the shock has enough compression travel. With the springs removed from the shock and compressed, the wheel would hit the body and suspension joints would bottom out before the shock. With a spring in place, these issues should not arise. It may visually bring up concerns of insufficient compression travel but after seeing that there is enough room, we can assure it's not an issue.

Keep in mind pulled OE or aftermarket fenders can make the fender gap look bigger than they really are when compared to stock fenders so we would advise against using fender gaps as a comparison for ride height.

Daryl
Very interested in this setup, my only concern is that I want to lower the car 1.25" from stock height. Is this going to compromise the ability of the suspension to perform to its full potential??? I dont mind having to run RCAs but just want to know what I need to budget into the install when I finally pull the trigger. Im not concerned about bottoming out, but more concerned about too much preload being put into the springs to lower the car to my desired height.

Im also assuming they include a spanner wrench to make the adjustments in height since they are not pictured above
Old 06-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Reapur
Very interested in this setup, my only concern is that I want to lower the car 1.25" from stock height. Is this going to compromise the ability of the suspension to perform to its full potential??? I dont mind having to run RCAs but just want to know what I need to budget into the install when I finally pull the trigger. Im not concerned about bottoming out, but more concerned about too much preload being put into the springs to lower the car to my desired height.

Im also assuming they include a spanner wrench to make the adjustments in height since they are not pictured above
If the main spring starts to preload at 1.25" drop, I would back it down to around 1.5" drop. You can crush the helper spring completely as long as the main spring does not start to compress. At this height, RCA's are not needed. Eibach does supply a pair of red wrenches which are pictured in the first photo.

Daryl
Old 06-22-2012, 02:34 PM

Please pm with best price on these as well,

thanks
Old 06-23-2012, 03:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

FYI I broke the wrench already

Good suspension

Quick Reply: Eibach Multi-Pro R2 Evasive-Spec Exclusive