Sponsor S2000 Suspension, Brake and Handling Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 suspension and S2000 handling products

SakeBomb Garage | Custom FPSpört Ohlins DFV Group Buy

Old 05-14-2017, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pm'd to purchase. How does it work if you sold 10. You won't sell 11 or 12? >.<
Old 05-19-2017, 08:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got my kit yesterday and I am impressed so far. The packaging was great. The customer instructions and settings recommendations were handy.

I plan on installing tomorrow and getting the car aligned and corner balanced soon.

Thanks Sake Bomb Garage!
Old 05-28-2017, 06:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up my kit earlier this week and can't say enough good things about this product.

Packaging and boxing was all superb, owners manual and setup cards were helpful and showed how to assemble and set ride height/preload settings. Installation was relatively straightforward if you can follow pictures, I have never assembled a set of coilovers before and didn't have any trouble putting these together. The coils themselves are works of art, I didn't even want to put them on the car they looked so nice. Everything has this precision feel to it and nothing feels of questionable quality. One of my favourite parts is the billet lower forks, they look so beefy in comparison to the OE Ohlins mounts.

Installed onto the car, again without any issues. Set the preload to the recommended 2mm and adjusted the ride height. I will say if you are looking to dump your car, these are not the coils for you. However if you want a functional ride height that still looks miles better than OEM, this will work well. I picked up the FPspec adjustment wrenches and would definitely recommend them for another $50, they make adjusting these way easier, no more slipping wrenches!

Once everything was installed and set correctly I went for a quick test drive to make sure there weren't any questionable noises. Everything sounded tight and already I could tell I was going to like how these ride. I kept the drive short as I could tell my alignment was way out. Had the car aligned the next morning and took for car for a nice long drive.

Prior to these I had an old set of DFV's that were imported from Japan. They had stock valving, spring rates in the 12-14k range and had a few KM's on them already. I ran those for a year and then went back to the stock suspension while deciding what setup I wanted to go with next. In comparison to stock suspension, this is miles and miles ahead. Going directly from one to another it's surprising how much better this DFV kit can handle street driving. I live in an area with terrible roads, expansion joints and old asphalt with years of half assed patching jobs. This kit soaks up these bumps and doesn't get unsettled on uneven rough sections like I felt the OEM suspension did. I started with rebound on the softer side and found that the ideal setup for me is more on the firm side as the car likes to bounce a bit more when soft. Taking off-ramps and hitting patched sections mid corner no longer feels unsettling, the car just takes it in stride. My wife even commented how much nicer the car is to ride in!

In comparison to the old set of DFV's, this feel similar in how well they respond to changing pavement conditions, but superior in every way. I feel the spring rates and valving combination on this kit are more appropriate for the conditions I drive in and they feel softer and more compliant, but at the same time more capable and provide more confidence that the previous set. Also, the old set was beginning to show some corrosion on the lower forks, nothing concerning, it just looked bad. I don't think 'll have the same problem with these lovely billet forks.

I had them out for an autocross event yesterday and again, nothing but great things to say. To give some context, I have a Karcepts front sway bar, 17x8.5 wheels running 245/40/17 RE71R's and the car competes in STR. The pavement surface is once again, poor, old asphalt with years of patch jobs and bumps. I began the day 3 clicks off firm in the front and 5 in the rear. I felt this was a bit too firm, the car felt a bit squirrley in the slalom and broke away unexpectedly in some long sweepers. I softened a bit more to 5 in the front and 7 in the rear and it tamed those issues down. Slaloms felt excellent and I was able to hold some great speed through the sweepers. I could feel the vehicles limits more than I ever have before. Even when the rear broke away, I found it to be controllable and was able to pull it back in with ease. This car has never felt this predictable and I love it. I then tried softening a bit more to 7F and 10R, this made things a bit bouncey over the rough pavement, I ended up going back to 5F and 7R for the remainder of the day. I'll continue to play around in this range to see if anything changes.

Haven't had the chance to get this on a road course yet, that's next month which I'm anxiously awaiting. Will update with thoughts about track use then.

Overall impression at this point is this is an excellent kit. I question if you could get a better package for a street driven car that also sees some time doing motorsport events.The support I received from Sakebomb Garage was superb, I sent them a laundry list of questions prior to purchasing and they took them time to answer and explain everything to me. I'm thankful there are still vendors developing these kinds of products for my 17 year old car.

I know all 10 of the original kits are spoken for, but if another run of these happen, you would be missing out if you did not get yourself a set.
The following users liked this post:
SakeBomb Garage (06-12-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 08:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I couldn't echo Nhil's statements more.

Had an autocross this weekend and the car felt amazing. I went from Megan street coils with 55K miles on them and a UK alignment to these with a slightly more aggressive alignment and what a difference. I was able to be much more competitive and placed (which usually only happens if the faster guys aren't there or botch their runs). And I botched 2 of the 4 runs trying to relearn the limit.

Customer service was excellent as was shipping/packaging.

Well worth the money!
The following users liked this post:
SakeBomb Garage (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Nhil
Picked up my kit earlier this week and can't say enough good things about this product.

Packaging and boxing was all superb, owners manual and setup cards were helpful and showed how to assemble and set ride height/preload settings. Installation was relatively straightforward if you can follow pictures, I have never assembled a set of coilovers before and didn't have any trouble putting these together. The coils themselves are works of art, I didn't even want to put them on the car they looked so nice. Everything has this precision feel to it and nothing feels of questionable quality. One of my favourite parts is the billet lower forks, they look so beefy in comparison to the OE Ohlins mounts.

Installed onto the car, again without any issues. Set the preload to the recommended 2mm and adjusted the ride height. I will say if you are looking to dump your car, these are not the coils for you. However if you want a functional ride height that still looks miles better than OEM, this will work well. I picked up the FPspec adjustment wrenches and would definitely recommend them for another $50, they make adjusting these way easier, no more slipping wrenches!

Once everything was installed and set correctly I went for a quick test drive to make sure there weren't any questionable noises. Everything sounded tight and already I could tell I was going to like how these ride. I kept the drive short as I could tell my alignment was way out. Had the car aligned the next morning and took for car for a nice long drive.

Prior to these I had an old set of DFV's that were imported from Japan. They had stock valving, spring rates in the 12-14k range and had a few KM's on them already. I ran those for a year and then went back to the stock suspension while deciding what setup I wanted to go with next. In comparison to stock suspension, this is miles and miles ahead. Going directly from one to another it's surprising how much better this DFV kit can handle street driving. I live in an area with terrible roads, expansion joints and old asphalt with years of half assed patching jobs. This kit soaks up these bumps and doesn't get unsettled on uneven rough sections like I felt the OEM suspension did. I started with rebound on the softer side and found that the ideal setup for me is more on the firm side as the car likes to bounce a bit more when soft. Taking off-ramps and hitting patched sections mid corner no longer feels unsettling, the car just takes it in stride. My wife even commented how much nicer the car is to ride in!

In comparison to the old set of DFV's, this feel similar in how well they respond to changing pavement conditions, but superior in every way. I feel the spring rates and valving combination on this kit are more appropriate for the conditions I drive in and they feel softer and more compliant, but at the same time more capable and provide more confidence that the previous set. Also, the old set was beginning to show some corrosion on the lower forks, nothing concerning, it just looked bad. I don't think 'll have the same problem with these lovely billet forks.

I had them out for an autocross event yesterday and again, nothing but great things to say. To give some context, I have a Karcepts front sway bar, 17x8.5 wheels running 245/40/17 RE71R's and the car competes in STR. The pavement surface is once again, poor, old asphalt with years of patch jobs and bumps. I began the day 3 clicks off firm in the front and 5 in the rear. I felt this was a bit too firm, the car felt a bit squirrley in the slalom and broke away unexpectedly in some long sweepers. I softened a bit more to 5 in the front and 7 in the rear and it tamed those issues down. Slaloms felt excellent and I was able to hold some great speed through the sweepers. I could feel the vehicles limits more than I ever have before. Even when the rear broke away, I found it to be controllable and was able to pull it back in with ease. This car has never felt this predictable and I love it. I then tried softening a bit more to 7F and 10R, this made things a bit bouncey over the rough pavement, I ended up going back to 5F and 7R for the remainder of the day. I'll continue to play around in this range to see if anything changes.

Haven't had the chance to get this on a road course yet, that's next month which I'm anxiously awaiting. Will update with thoughts about track use then.

Overall impression at this point is this is an excellent kit. I question if you could get a better package for a street driven car that also sees some time doing motorsport events.The support I received from Sakebomb Garage was superb, I sent them a laundry list of questions prior to purchasing and they took them time to answer and explain everything to me. I'm thankful there are still vendors developing these kinds of products for my 17 year old car.

I know all 10 of the original kits are spoken for, but if another run of these happen, you would be missing out if you did not get yourself a set.
Thanks for the support! We have several more sets of dampers incoming from Ohlins for our second run of FPSport, PM us or checkout on the website to secure your spot! We've decided to include the remote adjusters again this round due to their popularity.

FPSpört Öhlins DFV (S2000) - SakeBomb Garage LLC
Old 06-21-2017, 09:04 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I was wanting to improve the suspension handling of the s2000 even more, I was in search of more grip for the rear wheels. After working with Sakebomb Garage they allowed me to test out their new FP Spec front sway bar coming out. I will hold off on the specs until they are ready to release them. But all I can say is good job once again and be ready for this as it should be releasing soon it pairs with the FP Spec Ohlin DFVs very well.

The swaybar install was very straight forward, there were no fitment issues at all. I am currently running the sway bar on the soft setting. I have run sway bars on previous cars and the biggest thing I always notice typically is the ride quality goes down over bumps. I can reassure anyone here that I am happy to say that nothing has changed regarding ride quality. The car feels a lot more planted when driving and less twitchy even when cruising around or going over big bumps. When taking it out for a spirited mountain ride over the weekend I felt very in tune with the road and this was a great addition to the FP Spec Ohlin DFVs. As I am still playing with my settings to figure out what I really like but its all smiles on this side.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:28 PM
Sponsor

Components for FPSport Batch #2 have landed! We will be putting up a new thread for them as well but there are currently 8 sets up for grabs! As with the last batch, these come with remote adjusters included in the package. To reserve a set just check out on the website! These sold out very quickly last time around, but if they are "in stock" on the website then your set will be in this batch. We will have these built and shipping in the next week!
Old 06-24-2017, 12:33 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Still the price above? Is the discount added in cart? Thanks!
Old 07-03-2017, 12:35 PM
Sponsor

Currently is on sale for July 4th! Use Coupon Code FIREWORKS2017 for best pricing.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:04 AM

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

I installed the kit this weekend and so far am very happy. I was worried that the 11k springs might be too stiff for the street, but softening the struts (I'm experimenting around the 16-18 clicks range) gives a better ride over small bumps than stock. It's noticeable that the springs are firmer on bigger bumps, and the soft setting (really only rebound is being adjusted) is apparent. For cruising it's a good compromise, but for aggressive driving, you'd want to go firmer. I'll try them out on the track in about 2 weeks which will be the real test.

Two small things I learned about installing the kit:
1) It's better to remove the old shock/spring combo from both sides before you install the new ones. Otherwise, once you install the new shorter shock/spring on one side, you'll need to remove an ARB link in order to drop the lower control arm on the other side enough to get the shock over it and out. Or you could use a spring compressor if you have one.

2) Install the remote adjuster on the driver side before you install the shock. The fuel lines make it hard to get an allen wrench on the adjustor hat once the shock is installed.

My wife and I drove around downtown Denver and she didn't say anything about the ride being different. I'm sure if I asked her, she would have commented as it is different, but the fact that she didn't say anything, even after she saw me installing them earlier in the day, says that the changes are small. Like I said up top, I'm quite happy that the street characteristics of this kit are as reasonable as they are. Can't wait to try them out on the track.
The following 2 users liked this post by DanielB:
keeptrying56 (12-19-2021), SakeBomb Garage (07-04-2017)

Quick Reply: SakeBomb Garage | Custom FPSpört Ohlins DFV Group Buy