Sponsor S2000 Suspension, Brake and Handling Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 suspension and S2000 handling products

URGE Flow Rear Rotors; NOW IN STOCK

Old 05-13-2015, 05:23 AM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default URGE Flow Rear Rotors; NOW IN STOCK

Flow Rear Rotor Details
• 2 Piece, Vented (40 Straight Vanes), Floating rotors w/ 7 Straight slots
• 282 x 16.5mm (OEM is 282 x 12mm solid)
• Anodized 6061-T6 Aluminum Hat w/ Spring Clips
8lb mounted weight, Saves 4 lbs of rotational & unspring weight (2lbs per rotor)
Our Product Page

[attachment=79055:Flow Rear Rotors.JPG]

Benefits
• Reduce likelihood of rear bearing failures due to overheating rear rotors, $1000+ Repair
• Improved Rear Brake performance due to rear rotors not overheating & possibly more aggressive pads
• Reduced Front Brake Wear due to rear brakes carrying more brake load
• Overall Braking Performance improvement due to better brake balance

Testing Feedback
• Customer has been road racing, time trialing & professionally prepping cars for 20+ years
• Track records at 3 different track in 2 different cars
• AP2 Supercharged, 390-450 WHP depending on event/class
• Hoosier Tires, 3150 lbs w/ Driver, Street legal & full interior
• Testing done at VIR, 3 day weekend, 9 20-30 min sessions.

The short story is the car stops better-my lap times improved (I made no other changes)-my brake zones (2 areas from max velocity to threshold braking) where compressed-the "balance" of the car under braking is much improved-my car liked the fact that there was "more" rear brake-car is more stable under threshold braking-rear brake pad wear has reduced (I did not change brake compounds, I run Carbotech pads). I don't like that the brake pads need to be shaved but I have learned that every time you modify a car, there has to be a compromise, so shaving the rear pads is just a little compromise to get improved braking”

Note; Customer normally replaces Stoptech rotors after 2 weekends/12 track sessions due to cracks. The customer noticed no Stoptech cracks after 9 20-30 track sessions using our Flow Rear Rotors

Rear Pad Management
• When installing 2 new pads, each pad needs 2mm shaved off
• OR 1 new pad can be installed with a partially used pad, Continue swapping pads to maximize use across both sets of pads

Rear Bracket Modifications
• 1.5 mm needs to be removed from the long, inside of the bracket & 3 mm from the short, outside of the bracket
• We can do this for $50 + $75 refundable core swap (US only, International must modify locally)
• US customers can modify themselves to save time & money

[attachment=79056:Rear Caliper Mod.jpg]

1. URGE Flow Rear Rotors $700
2. Girodisc Front Rotor Combo $700 + $700 - 10% combo discount = $1260 + Shipping
3. Essex BBK Combo $2350 + $700; $300 off Race Pads/Shipping & $100 off rear rotors = $2950 - $300 off Race Pads & Shipping

Replacement Discs cost $175 per Disc & Replacement Hats cost $350 per pair

Girodisc is our manufacture and URGE is the investor and has the exclusive rights to these Rear Rotors.
Attached Thumbnails URGE Flow Rear Rotors; NOW IN STOCK-flow-rear-rotors.jpg   URGE Flow Rear Rotors; NOW IN STOCK-rear-caliper-mod.jpg  

Old 05-13-2015, 05:25 AM
Sponsor

Target Shipping is end of June.

1. SA; Rear Rotors, existing URGE BBK owner (1st Commit, Thank you!!)
2. VehicleFX, Rear Rotors, existing URGE BBK owner
3. Local Buyer, Rear Rotors, existing URGE BBK Owner
4. S4Speed, Rear Rotors, new customer
5. Bullwings, Rear Rotors
6. kt411gcn, Rear Rotors
7. michaelnyden, Rear Rotors
8. imstimpy , Rear Rotors
9. wowwitsgau, Rear Rotors, Existing URGE BBK Owner

Old 05-13-2015, 05:53 AM

Received 559 Likes on 391 Posts

Who is the supplier of the rotor rings? In the event that Urge is no longer around, how would one go about replacing the rings (assuming the rotor hat is still viable)?

Also, i'm assuming that once the bracket has been modified, it is no longer compatible with the OEM solid rotors? Please confirm. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:55 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bullwings
Who is the supplier of the rotor rings? In the event that Urge is no longer around, how would one go about replacing the rings (assuming the rotor hat is still viable)?

Also, i'm assuming that once the bracket has been modified, it is no longer compatible with the OEM solid rotors? Please confirm. Thanks.
Great questions, GiroDisc is the manufacture and Amazing to work with.

The bracket modification does not effect the ability for the stock rotor to be run. You should be able to change them out as needed.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:04 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Urge
Originally Posted by Bullwings' timestamp='1431525229' post='23611288

Great questions, GiroDisc is the manufacture and Amazing to work with. We will update up top.

The bracket modification does not effect the ability for the stock rotor to be run. You should be able to change them out as needed.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the Rotor hat any thicker or thinner than the Stock Brake Rotors?
Just wondering if it affects the offset of the Rear Wheel in regards to pushing the wheel out or pulling the wheel in.
Especially when running wide rear tires the clearance with the rear wheel fenders can be very close.
Thanks.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What front brakes were the test car running? Has this setup been tested specifically with your Essex front brake kit?
Old 05-13-2015, 03:37 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by S4Speed
Is the Rotor hat any thicker or thinner than the Stock Brake Rotors?
Just wondering if it affects the offset of the Rear Wheel in regards to pushing the wheel out or pulling the wheel in.
Especially when running wide rear tires the clearance with the rear wheel fenders can be very close.
Thanks.
Another great question, these hats were designed to have the same thickness as the stock rotors. So should be no issues.

Originally Posted by wowwitsgau
What front brakes were the test car running? Has this setup been tested specifically with your Essex front brake kit?
The Test car was running stop tech trophy kit. The customer had that kit we had our kit in production.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please add me to the group buy list = Andrew SA, Australia

Existing Urge customer with Essex AP front BBK. I have no affiliation with Urge and can say with confidence after dealing with heaps of vendors around the world that their service, R&D and products are 2nd to none. If you are serious about track work you will quickly find the caliper mod and pad shave are the very smallest of compromises to make. Thank you Urge for pushing into new territory with the S2000 allowing regular guys like myself to punch well above our class out on track!

Cheers
Andrew
Old 05-13-2015, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Urge, we have a few people in aus who love the sound of this, problem is the aus $ is so bad they end up a fortune for front and rear set. Can basically buy a bbk.
Hopefully you keep working with girodisc for a while and in the near future we can put some orders in.

Awesome

Quick Reply: URGE Flow Rear Rotors; NOW IN STOCK