Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

Dragon Trip Details (April 11-15)

Old 12-06-2011, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragon Trip Details (April 11-15)

When: April 11th - 15th, 2012
Where: Fontana Village Resort www.fontanavillage.com
Registration ENDS 3/23/12 @ 12am
What: WTDX 2012 (Wake the Dragon 2012), our 10th annual Spring Honda S2000 event on the famous Dragon!
318 curves in 11 miles and plenty of opportunity to socialize with other S2000 enthusiasts. Located in the beautiful mountains of NC/TN, this is an event not to be missed!

Registration links: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/912...pdated-012112/

Hello all!

It's almost time for WTD 2012! As some of you know we had an absolute blast last year. So much, we are talking about going a day earlier this year. I will be leading a group up to the Dillard House on Wednesday April 12th leaving at approximately 7am.

Obviously more details will develop the closer we get but the plan is as follows:

Wednesday - Drive straight through to the Dillard House in GA. We will try to get there at a reasonable time so that we can enjoy the outlandish buffet and have a few cocktails that night. It is so nice up there and I feel we didn't get to enjoy as much last time.

Thursday - Leave Dillard around 9am, take War Woman Road up to the usuall spot to pick up refreshments for the weekend. (Don't park by the yellow CR..his brakes no worky ). We will then make our way to Fontana. After we arrive at Fontana I assume it will be a "whatever you wanna do" day.

Friday - Saturday - Dragon events

Sunday - Leave for home at approx 7 - 8 am.

This is just a group that I will be leading up to the Dragon. Depending on how many cars we get I will split the group as we did last year. That seemed to work well. If there are people that want to head up another day, please feel free to start another group, this is for people who want to head up early. Plans may change but the dates etc. are set.

Roll Call:

Metcalfe +1
BumblebeeCR +1
ScutrCR - Luggage car lol
Indyana
Blacknot +1
EvilS2K +1
ZacksDad2
Itsnoe30 +1
rstreeperUM +1
S2KWALT +1
JohnsS2000

Dillard House Reservation Info

Ok, I took care of the Dillard house details. Same deal as last year for those that made it.

They have designated a block of rooms in "The Meadows" for our groups rooms so that we can all remain in the same vicinity. I told her around 10 rooms perhaps a few more.

The price(for now) is the same $79 as it was last year. I was told they have not posted their new rates for this year so if it does increase it would only go up a max of $10.

When calling to make a reservation please inform them that you want a room for Wed April 11th and would like to stay in "The Meadows" area as you are a part of the "S2ki" group and they should keep us all together.

Our block of rooms is listed under "S2ki" as the group.

Please call as soon as you have time to make your reservation. 1-800-541.0671
Old 12-06-2011, 06:44 AM

In! Of course pending me getting time off now.

I had an idea, would anyone be interested in seeing if there of anywhere to go ziplining up there? If so I'll look into it.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in for this. The only thing is I might want to leave Dillard house earlier then 9am since I'm an early riser and really want to make the most of the day. We can work that out at a later date. I will also have Piper with me
Old 12-06-2011, 07:58 AM

Like I said, details we can figure out later.

I'll pass on the zip lining..too much to do already lol.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:08 AM

Meh, someone might be in to it. Something to get us out of the car for a bit considering Friday and Saturday are open.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please don't let my gf see this thread... She is dying to go to the Dragon.

I'm in assuming I can get the time off work.
I'm also down to go ziplining
Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by evil s2k
Meh, someone might be in to it. Something to get us out of the car for a bit considering Friday and Saturday are open.

Hmm, Drive the S or go Ziplining.............Well lets see I drove 500 miles so i can do some driving why would I want to go hang from trees?

Oh and Friday and Saturday are not "open" there are plenty of drives to take!

I would like to do the Thursday evening run to TN for Dinner anyone else interested?
Old 12-06-2011, 01:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Zip lines are alot of fun but I have no intention of not being behind the wheel unless its raining out. I'm also planning on leading a group drive like I did last year after The group rollout. I'm definitely interested in joining you for dinner Thursday night Barry. I'm getting very excited for this
Old 12-06-2011, 01:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stupid stupid stupid wedding......
Old 12-06-2011, 01:50 PM

luggage car? ha ha ha. no one even think about asking me to carry any of their shit...

Quick Reply: Dragon Trip Details (April 11-15)