Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Finally, finally, finally! :D

Old 04-28-2005, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Finally, finally, finally! :D

I've always loved S2000 and finally I am one proud owner!

Old 04-28-2005, 10:07 PM

Very nice, I can't believe that you were able to pick it up with the TE-37's on it. Now jsut bring it out to the next mini meet so we all can enjoy it. Also the TE's look like they are 18's?
Bryan
Old 04-29-2005, 07:57 AM

Looks hot!!!!!!

AUTOCROSS This weekend. AUTOCROSS This weekend. AUTOCROSS This weekend. AUTOCROSS This weekend. AUTOCROSS This weekend.

It looks modded. What have they done to it? (other than the wheels )
Old 04-29-2005, 08:39 AM

Nice car and welcome!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:37 AM

Thanks guys and gals.. can't get rid of the grin off my face..

The mods from previous owner are wheels, Tein Flex EDFC(?) coilover and tint.
I really want to autox this beauty but the ride height and alignment need some work. The front tires rub during sharp cornering..I feel all the alignment numbers are far from optimal..(lots of negative camber in the rear, much less in the front...no toe out in the front...and so on)...
Whenever you're available, could we meet up and chat a little? I'd like to set this car up for track (not fully but upto certain degree)...and have bunch of questions. Lunch/dinner or beer/tea is on me.

oh, BTW, what's legal tint in TN? The guy said side is 15% and wind shield is 35% No problem from inside, but I do not want getting pulled over by a cop. Would it be much trouble to get the tint redone?

Grin Grin again
Old 04-29-2005, 11:29 AM

Anytime you want to get together just let me know.

I can't remember what the legal limit is, but a quick call to a tinting shop will get you the answer. I was thinking that the sides were 35% and front was illegal without a permit. I know that I ran super illegal tint on my talon without hassle from the police.

BTW, there is a track day at Carolina Motorsports coming up. You might be able to pick up an open spot. Break it in the hard way.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Kaolinte,Apr 29 2005, 03:29 PM
Anytime you want to get together just let me know.

I can't remember what the legal limit is, but a quick call to a tinting shop will get you the answer. I was thinking that the sides were 35% and front was illegal without a permit. I know that I ran super illegal tint on my talon without hassle from the police.

BTW, there is a track day at Carolina Motorsports coming up. You might be able to pick up an open spot. Break it in the hard way.
Jason, thanks for the info.
so I would be able to get away with this tint? Can you recommend me a good local tint shop? To believe or not, I have never had tint the window on my car so far

I do not have roll bar installed yet...that I will have to take care of first..
I am going to Ohio to help my friend pick up his M3 this weekend...but will definetely PM you for a meet sometime next week.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of our guys got pulled over in Alcoa for his tint, but the cops were probably just making sure we werent drinking.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by jonam,Apr 29 2005, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys and gals.. can't get rid of the grin off my face..

The mods from previous owner are wheels, Tein Flex EDFC(?) coilover and tint.
I really want to autox this beauty but the ride height and alignment need some work. The front tires rub during sharp cornering..I feel all the alignment numbers are far from optimal..(lots of negative camber in the rear, much less in the front...no toe out in the front...and so on)...
Whenever you're available, could we meet up and chat a little? I'd like to set this car up for track (not fully but upto certain degree)...and have bunch of questions. Lunch/dinner or beer/tea is on me.

oh, BTW, what's legal tint in TN? The guy said side is 15% and wind shield is 35% No problem from inside, but I do not want getting pulled over by a cop. Would it be much trouble to get the tint redone?

Grin Grin again
From what I understand about the Flex is that they are more of a show type coilover and not really a good track/autocross setup. You could probably sell them on here for a good bit of change and get something else. You can always raise the ride height and then work with the alignment from there. Jason is the person that you would need to meet up with to talk track/autocross setups with. About the guy from the MC crew getting pulled over I will have to agree with Jason about the cop jsut checking to see if they had been drinking.
Bryan
Old 04-29-2005, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cragspider,Apr 29 2005, 06:36 PM
From what I understand about the Flex is that they are more of a show type coilover and not really a good track/autocross setup. You could probably sell them on here for a good bit of change and get something else. You can always raise the ride height and then work with the alignment from there. Jason is the person that you would need to meet up with to talk track/autocross setups with. About the guy from the MC crew getting pulled over I will have to agree with Jason about the cop jsut checking to see if they had been drinking.
Bryan
Thanks Bryan,
I figured it about Flex EDFC(?) before I bought the car, so there was no suprise..
Yeap, as you said, I will probably sell them and go with so KW V3 or OEM or just Konis with GC adjuster. Flex has only abou 500miles on it..so should be easy to sell.
Also, my volks look good but I might sell them as well for track wheels..they also have only around 500miles...

I will post the pic of tint when I have a chance... it's reallly dark! I don't think I can get away with it from a cop unless top/windows down..

Quick Reply: Finally, finally, finally! :D