Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

How active are ya'll

Old 03-14-2005, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How active are ya'll

Hi Everyone,
My name is skye (krikkit) from Southern California, but next year I'm moving to Kingsport. We have bought a house which we'll rent out until then.

I haven't been very active here in So Cal with the local clubs, but they don't do much either. Was hoping things would be busier there, at least during the summer months.

My husband drives a conv mustang, but he's very envious of my 2004 Rio Yellow Pearl S, which only has about 9,000 miles on it. I have a Ford Focus to drive when it rains - the best way to own an S is to only drive it with the top down.

So, I sure hope I get to join in on this forum, and meet ya'll in person when we get there.

Happy motoring!

Skye
Old 03-14-2005, 06:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another S owner is always welcome to this side of the planet.
Not to much activity over here either but there has been recent attempts (by a brave few) to breathe some life back into the forums.
There's not that many S's where I live and even fewer owner's on this site.

Luckily, there are three major events a year in the area that will definitely be of interest to you. The "Dragon runs" done in the spring and fall (the spring run is about a month away and already 85 cars have paid good money to participate).

You'll love the Dragon - trust me.

And there is the SESM (Southeast Super Meet) that happens in the summer. 51 cars participated last year. This one moves around. Last year it was above Atlanta. This year it's in Huntsville Alabama.

Lot of good roads to explore in the area. I'm sure you'll like it here.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:35 PM

Welcome to Tennessee Skye. My name is Jason, and I am the community organizer for this forum. I wish that I could tell you that we were very active, but we not. We do have smaller mini meets, but nothing compared to Dragonball or Southeast Super Meet. Myself and a few others on this forum are trying to get more people involved with our S2000 community.

Luckily for you though, a majority of the active members in this forum are in the Tri-cities area (Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City...I think this is the tri-cities area), so planning smaller meets with those guys will be rather easy.

I hope that your move goes very smoothly and I hope that your employer is paying for the moving expenses. I am sure that it will cost a fortune to move across the country.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:37 PM

Hey, wait...I just read the title a little closer.

"Ya'll" ........tsk....tsk....You must live here at least a year before you can start saying that.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kaolinte,Mar 15 2005, 12:37 AM
Hey, wait...I just read the title a little closer.

"Ya'll" ........tsk....tsk....You must live here at least a year before you can start saying that.
I duno Jason, I don't think that its even right for people to say it unless you are really a southern person. But thats just my thoughts on it, or untill you lose what ever accent that you had and learn the ways of the south.
Bryan
Old 03-15-2005, 11:02 AM

Hey folks,
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm looking forward to living in TN, even though I've never lived anywhere except So Cal (well, there was that 6 months in England, but not long enough to count)

As for the expense of moving... no employer is paying for the move as the entire reason for the move is so we can afford to retire! And you aren't kidding that moving a 4 bedrooom household, 3-4 cars, 5 cats all the way across the country is expensive! Wooeeee! I've started checking on prices, and it's gonna be over $1,100 per car for a closed hauler - that just seems way high to me. But we gotta do it, ya know! Can't have the babies hurt in any way.

As for the "ya'll" thing... I have a friend here who is from Knoxville, and she's given me the scoop on when to you ya'll vs. all ya'll, etc. I know I'm gonna pick up the accent in about a week. My husband has spent his adult life hanging around with nascar guys (he's a professional motorsports photographer) and expects to be talking with an accent very quickly too. My apologies if I jumped the gun, but it seems so natural already!

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Will keep checking the site regularly, and maybe post a bit so you can get to know me better. You have some lovely S' there, and I can't wait to go on a few twisty road trips with all ya'll (oops, there I did it again)

Ok, that's all for now. Cya!
Old 03-15-2005, 11:46 AM

I always thought it was yall and not ya'll?

Welcome to the south!!
Old 03-18-2005, 05:45 AM

yes yall is the "correct" spelling yhear? I live here in Johnson city so when you guys get here give some of us E. Tennesseans a holla.

There are some great roads up here. Our group is trying hard to be more active but we haven't quite matched the monthly meetings of the Atlanta, or SoCal group.

Is you husband going to be working for Bristol Motorspeedway?
Old 03-18-2005, 12:36 PM

Ok then... yall it is

My husband is a freelance photographer, and is in serious anticipation of living so close to BMR. When we passed through that area last December, we actually stopped at the racetrack so he could take pictures of the speedway. But to answer your question, no, he won't be working for BMR. He has done some Nascar photography, but gave it up when Nascar got too yuppie in their ideas about the press.

He has contacts which may allow him to get a photo credential for the racetrack, since he'd like to photograph the drags, etc.

If you know of any insiders at BMR we'd love to know about them, and have an intro, since this could help in those endeavors

Looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying some awesome rides throughout the area. We took one drive while we were there a couple of weeks ago, and we were in my in-laws minivan so it was disappointing, but wow some beautiful roads and scenery. Can't wait to see it all in the spring, summer & fall!

Keep posting!
Skye