Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Shout out to some locals!

Old 05-11-2014, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shout out to some locals!

Hey guys! Prepare for a wall of text but these dudes deserve it!

I'm Jason Lawhorn-- stationed at Fort Campbell in the Air Force. Some of you know me but I've only been in the area a little over a year. My S is an 03' Sebring with 96k miles on it... I've been pretty upset about it for a while now because I knew something was wrong with the valves. I did a leak down and confirmed it. You guys recommended I take it to Jordan Kwolik (jordanksartell) to get it fixed. This man is a wizard! He supplied me with a totally refurbished head with the ap2 retainer upgrade and solid valves. I exchanged mine out with the new one he supplied (CHEAP) and I was on my way. He prices his work extremely fair and does an immaculate job.. I'm thoroughly impressed by this new head on the car and it makes me incredibly excited about my S again. He even offered to do the entire job for an extremely low price but I'm hard headed and wanted to get my hands dirty. About 2 hours into it I completely regretted the decision to do it myself, but now that it's done I can look back and say I learned a thing or two! Seriously, take your problems to Jordan because he'll square it away in an amazing fashion!

On to my second shout out, Trevor Morris up here in Clarksville helped me with the head install.. walked me through the timing setup and all of the torque specs and sequences. The manual tells you most of this stuff but it's just reassuring knowing the dude has done so many F series head jobs. He did the valve lash job and made sure my car was good to roll before we cranked her up. The valves were a little noisy last night when the engine warmed up and he took it upon himself to come over early this morning to my place to make sure the job was done correctly. If you're ever in need of some help around Clarksville with your S, get in touch with him because he knows his stuff and prices fairly as well! My car is pulling harder than I've ever remembered it and I attribute it to these fine gents!

I'm gonna get off of my soapbox now but this has made my week.. Thanks again guys and seriously if anyone needs help with their S in this area, hit these fellas up!

P.S. Big shoutout to Brandon Earhart (USAF_S2K) for letting me use his garage for a couple of weeks to fix this badboy.. He's a dirty man though because he sold his GPW to get a project 300ZX that turned into a god within a month. Jeez man, you jobbed the hell out of that car!
Old 05-11-2014, 06:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good deal and nice write up. I know Jordan and he is stand up
Old 05-11-2014, 06:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Jason! I'm definitely glad I was able to help you out and get you running right again.

It was awhile back when you originally posted the issue in this thread.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/105...l-and-whatnot/

All your retainers were in perfect shape, so retainers would not have fixed it at all. You clearly had a burnt valve either from being slightly bent causing it to not seal fully, or burnt from it being out of spec (valve lash too tight). Either way the head had to come off to fix it and this way you have a 100% refreshed head on there and will be good to go for many many more miles. Just keep up with your valve adjustments and you'll avoid the same issue you just fixed.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Second that for Jordan's work. He helped me replace the soft top in my S and it was a fantastic job.

Prob going to have him to the tranny when time comes.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:11 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Jordan saved me from needing to basically get a new engine. Basically a dealer under tightened a spark plug and it backed out, destroying the threads on the engine. Jordan repaired it and I've had no issues since then. Love the fact that he is passionate about s2ks too!
Old 07-26-2014, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am new to Clarksville. Does Trevor Morris work in one of the local shops?
Old 07-27-2014, 08:47 PM

Nah, Trevor used to own an S2000.. . It was in an accident last year but he's just a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to the S2000. You'll see him out and about at local meet-ups from time to time.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by MM3Kwolik
Thanks Jason! I'm definitely glad I was able to help you out and get you running right again.

It was awhile back when you originally posted the issue in this thread.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/105...l-and-whatnot/

All your retainers were in perfect shape, so retainers would not have fixed it at all. You clearly had a burnt valve either from being slightly bent causing it to not seal fully, or burnt from it being out of spec (valve lash too tight). Either way the head had to come off to fix it and this way you have a 100% refreshed head on there and will be good to go for many many more miles. Just keep up with your valve adjustments and you'll avoid the same issue you just fixed.
Hi Jordan, Just came across your name while looking for some info on replacing the top on my '03. Great feedback for you too. Are you in the Nashville area? Please get in touch if you are. Would love to get my top replaced. Thanks, Jack
Old 07-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

Jack,

He moved to Texas a few months ago.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:20 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruno216
Hi Jordan, Just came across your name while looking for some info on replacing the top on my '03. Great feedback for you too. Are you in the Nashville area? Please get in touch if you are. Would love to get my top replaced. Thanks, Jack
Hey Jack, Yeah Jordan moved to Texas a little while ago, but if you're willing to, we could prob replace your top no problem. I assisted Jordan in replacing mine around 2 years ago and it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I'm willing to give it a try and help you do it. I could prob get a couple of friends to help. I'm local, a little north of Nashville.

If your willing to tackle it, let me know.

Lane

Quick Reply: Shout out to some locals!