Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

(ATX) S2000 Enthusiasts and Friends: Drive on Saturday November 14th!

Old 11-07-2015, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (ATX) S2000 Enthusiasts and Friends: Drive on Saturday November 14th!

It’s that time again (weather permitting)!

True sportscars are made for driving, and Central Texas has thousands of miles of twisting backroads with plenty of scenic spots to visit. So we’ve put together a drive that will introduce you several good roads and spots with the hope that you’ll go back to explore further.

The Route

You can join us for a half-day or a full day. The drive will include stops for both lunch and dinner. If you need to leave after lunch, you’ll have a convenient route back to Austin. Otherwise stick with us to end our day with a group dinner at the Fredericksburg Brewing Company. We’ll arrive there early so that everyone will have time for holiday shopping ahead of dinner. After dinner you’ll be on your own to drive home when you are ready. Austin, Houston (route 10), San Antonio, and Fort Hood are all within easy reach.

We’ll start our day just north of Austin with a mandatory participants meeting at 9:15 AM and we’ll leave at 9:30 from the start. All the roads are paved and without water crossings.

The first half will also include a scenic photo stop with a canyon wall backdrop, so bring your camera (unfortunately the sun will be on the wrong side of us there, so we’d suggest a lens hood if you have one). We’ve also scheduled a gas stop during the second half so that those of you with unnaturally aspirated engines won’t run low.

Weather

We’ll only drive if it’s not raining: keep in close touch with us right up until the morning of the event. If we have to delay because of the weather, we’ll announce a rain date for early December.

Important!

Speeds will be at the posted limit – this is not a performance drive. We’ll be going past and thru people’s homes and ranches so your best and most responsible behavior is a must. We’ve designed the route with many “technical” sections, with “transit zones” in between. It’s important in drives like this to keep up with the group so that you don’t miss a turn and get lost. Everyone will be given an envelope with an emergency map in case you do fall behind.

Preparation

Check your car over carefully, especially tire pressures. Fill up with gas ahead of time. Be prepared for both cool and warm weather: the way the weather has been this year anything could happen.

RSVP

Let us know if you can join us, if you are tentative, or if you can’t. You must RSVP to this forum if you would like to participate. Then, I will pm you for your email address if I don't have it. (don't post it here)

See you there,
Alex and Jeff

Attendees:
Alex -- Grasshopper123 (03GPW)
Jeff -- jwfisher (S2K Knowledge Keeper)
OkyS2K -- Greg and Alison (00 NFR)
strawbry -- Nisha (Yellow S2K) half or full day
S2000-18 -- Tim & Lourdes (maybe) (s'chrged 07 Laguna Blue)
matt_s -- Matt(S2K) maybe
912er -- Scott 05 Suzuka Blue (1st part of drive)
Sondra -- S2K or Miata (maybe)
tbell ncsu -- Ty (03 BB)
Lenny -- friend of Greg Stevens (BMW M4)
Greg Stevens & Rosalie (Hyundai Genesis
wedgiesaurus -- Wayne (S2K) maybe, first half
Atxdingo -- David ( S2K ) maybe
Old 11-08-2015, 01:55 PM

A group drive is a great way for us to celebrate 16 years with our S2000! Count us in.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:43 PM

Ended up with a card from Jeff under my wiper at some point this past Sunday pointing out a drive coming up on the 14th. If you put it under my wiper at the Cars and Coffee, I commend you because I actually did not notice it until about 2pm and it stayed on even after some driving around doing various things around Round Rock and Pflugerville.

With that said, I'll tentatively say I'll attend. I might have plans with my dad, but I should know better towards Thursday.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matt_s
Ended up with a card from Jeff under my wiper at some point this past Sunday pointing out a drive coming up on the 14th. .

With that said, I'll tentatively say I'll attend. I might have plans with my dad, but I should know better towards Thursday.
That's me - good to hear back from you! Please send me a private message with your email address so that we can send you directions to the start. We'll also send you an email about the next couple of events coming up.

-Jeff
Old 11-11-2015, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by jwfisher
Originally Posted by matt_s' timestamp='1447130588' post='23799589
Ended up with a card from Jeff under my wiper at some point this past Sunday pointing out a drive coming up on the 14th. .

That's me - good to hear back from you! Please send me a private message with your email address so that we can send you directions to the start. We'll also send you an email about the next couple of events coming up.

-Jeff
Matt, don't worry, I've got your email. Alex
Old 11-12-2015, 08:29 AM

Hi everybody!
Please take a look at the updated list of Attendees in the first post, make sure you are there. Everyone needs to RSVP who hasn't already. We are sending out instructions for our drive tonight.
See you soon!Alex
Old 11-14-2015, 05:39 PM

Many thanks to our drive leader Greg! It was a great drive, in spite of the forecast.
We had 10 cars to start. And kudos to those who stayed to the end to see Fredericksburg. We got some rain, but it was fun!
Rustlin Robs was packed with people!
Alex