Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

FS: My 97 M3 sedan 5spd CHEAP!

Old 04-07-2006, 03:12 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default FS: My 97 M3 sedan 5spd CHEAP!

I'm a North Texas S2000 owners club/NT forum member and I'm looking to get into an S so I thought I might put this in the Houston forum in case anyone is interested. Hope you guys don't mind, and if you do I'll remove it.

Well guys, I think it's about the time for me to let the M3 go and get into a newer car. I found a beautiful sebring/red/black 2004 S that I'd like to get into but I have to sell my car first. A lot of you local guys have seen the car, so if you're interested or know anyone that is please let me know.

Here are the details:

1997 BMW M3 Sedan 5spd @ 89,xxx miles
Cosmos Black/black leather
HK stereo with 6 disc in trunk changer
non luxury package
factory staggered wheels.

Mods:
Euro ZKW glass projector headlights/4300K HID (worlds better than stock US)
Clear corners/turn signals (have stock orange as well)
OEM X-brace
URI crank pulley (12 rwhp)
Benfer cold air intake with K&N filter
UUC RK2 shiftknob with ///M pattern
Fresh shocks/struts november last year
Factory doublespoke wheels will have fresh tires
Extra set of 17X8 track wheels with 245/40/17 A032R's
Oil changed every 3000-4000 miles using Mobil 1, tranny fluid changed last year

History:

I bought the car 2 years ago with around 63K miles on it if I remember correctly. The previous owner was in his mid 30's and about to have a 2nd child so he needed to sell it. He just used it to commute from frisco to Texas Instruments in richardson. I've autocrossed it about a full season and replaced the front control arms/bushings and rear trailing arm bushings and aligned it about 4 months ago.

The Bad:

The first owner had a minor fender bender in which he rear ended someone. The front bumper/grill and radiator were replaced by Classic BMW's body shop which looks flawless. I also slid into a curb at about 20 mph and bent the rear control arm a month after I bought it. The control arm was replaced with a new one and frame was verified as straight by Color Customs of Denton, TX. I also replaced a bent wheel in that incident.

Transmission rests in 5th gear when car is cold but pops back to neutral within a few minutes, it's a common problem and a pin needs to be replaced. Transmission shifts perfectly, no grinds etc.

Interior is overall very clean for a 97 car, drivers bolster has slight wear no tears or big cracks though. Passenger has very minor wear, rear seats look almost new minus a small blemish on each side from previous owner's car seat.

It's rare to find a M3 sedan around here, and very hard to find a 5spd manual. I have most the service records and take good care of the car. I hand wash it about once a week and wax it every few months with S100. I'd like to make it a quick sale so I'm asking an $13,500 firm which I think is VERY fair. It is listed in Autotrader @ 14,800 but I'd rather see it go to an enthusiast.

Email me at josephkan@hotmail.com, PM me or IM me at jkan2001. I can provide my phone # if you PM me and can meet anyone in the metroplex to check out the car. I'd be willing to meet halfway between Dallas/Houston to deliver the car also, I am also coming down to Houston May 12-13 for the Houston GP and can deliver the car then.

Thanks,
Joseph
Old 04-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a great price for a really clean car..... You shouldn't have any troubles selling it fast.

Ricky
Old 04-08-2006, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by rickycrx,Apr 7 2006, 07:41 PM
That's a great price for a really clean car..... You shouldn't have any troubles selling it fast.

Ricky
Thanks, that's what everyone keeps telling me and what I expected but I haven't had any real luck since i listed it this past saturday. I'm more or less giving it away at this price and it's a rare car.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:21 AM

13.5, just call me with any questions. I'm willing to meet people reasonably close to DFW (waco, etc)

Call me with any questions

214 277 3613

Joseph
Old 04-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Community Organizer

Back when I was selling my '97 M3 at the end of '01, I waited a couple of months before it sold... I just resolved myself to the fact that I had to be patient with it. Luckily it sold before I took delivery of my S2k in Feb '02...

If I hadn't had such bad luck with my E36M3, I'd be putting our GS-R on the market and getting this as a new daily driver for my wife.

Ricky
Old 04-09-2006, 09:06 PM

[QUOTE=rickycrx,Apr 9 2006, 07:10 PM] Back when I was selling my '97 M3 at the end of '01, I waited a couple of months before it sold...
Old 04-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Community Organizer

I sold my '97 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe in October/November of '01 with 63-64k miles on it for $25.4k... I bought it with 53k miles at the beginning of that year for $24.5k, so I did okay with it, I guess. I had to put new tires on it and do a LOT of repairs... It was a solid car after I got done with it, but I just couldn't take all the downtime with it any more. The car was beautiful, not a single door ding, scratch, a perfect interior, etc... It also had a NICE Kenwood stereo system that the previous owner put in with an amp, subwoofer, etc... That car had the best sound system of any car I've owned.

Our GS-R is a '94 2-door hatchback... It's that teal blue/green color and only has 102k miles on it right now. Interior is immaculate, exterior has a few dings and scratches, but nothing major for a 12 year old car. We just put new tires on it and I'm putting new rear brake pads on this coming weekend. I doubt my wife would want to get rid of it, though, as she loves it as her daily driver.

Also, all GS-R's come with manual transmissions. They were never made with an auto.

If you can afford it, don't be afraid to have both cars before you can unload the M... You'll get what you want out of it pretty quickly, I'm sure. When I came across a killer deal on a V8 4Runner Sport last May, I picked it up before I could sell my POS Chevrolet Blazer... I beat the snot out of the Blazer for another 3-4 months until it finally sold for very close to what I was asking....

Ricky
Old 04-11-2006, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by rickycrx,Apr 11 2006, 10:22 AM
I sold my '97 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe in October/November of '01 with 63-64k miles on it for $25.4k... I bought it with 53k miles at the beginning of that year for $24.5k, so I did okay with it, I guess. I had to put new tires on it and do a LOT of repairs... It was a solid car after I got done with it, but I just couldn't take all the downtime with it any more. The car was beautiful, not a single door ding, scratch, a perfect interior, etc... It also had a NICE Kenwood stereo system that the previous owner put in with an amp, subwoofer, etc... That car had the best sound system of any car I've owned.

Our GS-R is a '94 2-door hatchback... It's that teal blue/green color and only has 102k miles on it right now. Interior is immaculate, exterior has a few dings and scratches, but nothing major for a 12 year old car. We just put new tires on it and I'm putting new rear brake pads on this coming weekend. I doubt my wife would want to get rid of it, though, as she loves it as her daily driver.

Also, all GS-R's come with manual transmissions. They were never made with an auto.

If you can afford it, don't be afraid to have both cars before you can unload the M... You'll get what you want out of it pretty quickly, I'm sure. When I came across a killer deal on a V8 4Runner Sport last May, I picked it up before I could sell my POS Chevrolet Blazer... I beat the snot out of the Blazer for another 3-4 months until it finally sold for very close to what I was asking....

Ricky
Your M3 sounds fantastic, I really wanted a Dakar sedan but they are about as rare as they come, except maybe byzanz. If you decide to let the GSR go let me know, my brother needs a first car. I totally forgot you can only get GSR's in manuals, i guess I was thinking about the LS.

I'm going to offer the S owner 20K for his 04 with 30K miles and if he says yes I may just have to sit on the M3 also for a month or two while people get their tax returns back and get ready to buy cars.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:11 PM

$20K for an '04 with 30K miles? IMO a low-ball figure....but then again, mine was an 04 with 30K miles / Honda Cert. that I picked up for $22K, I thought that was a sweet deal at the time.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by balakris,Apr 11 2006, 07:11 PM
$20K for an '04 with 30K miles? IMO a low-ball figure....but then again, mine was an 04 with 30K miles / Honda Cert. that I picked up for $22K, I thought that was a sweet deal at the time.
That is a sweet deal, and certified adds about 1500 on top.